Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1)
    #2788060 - 06/12/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Cryptozoology is the study and search for unknown or unrecognized species of animals. Some people, when presented with the idea of creatures like sasquatches, sea serpents, thunderbirds, etc react with immediate scorn and contempt. "how could you believe in something that stupid?"
other people seem to become fanatic believers based on little or no evidence, hence the thousands of obsessive bigfoot hunters and ufo watchers.

How closely this mirrors the issue or religion. Some people find it incredibly stupid or naive, others consider the existance of god to be self evident.

In both cases i think we should strive for a happy medium. Examine the evidence at hand.

ANd the most fun kind of evidence is photographic! you cant look at a photo of god, but you can look at some cool ones of unknown animals.
Some or many may be hoaxed, i dont know. Ive read articles and critiques of many of these images and they are still contested. Skeptics and believers.

I wont go into detail about them know, ill just post them for you to look at and enjoy. This is only part of my collection and i may add more later.

The legendary bishop fish?

Leviathan caught by fishermen?

Sea serpent?

Sea serpent?

Deloy's ape, missing link or nazi hoax?

The skunk ape?

Mutant? Dragon larvae? deep sea freak of nature?

The terratorn, a (thought to be) extinct bird whose wingspan measured up to 30 feet.

Thats one biiig manta, baby

Enjoy
and let me know what you think.
ill get around to posting more soon, if anyone wants to see em

Edited by Moonshoe (06/12/04 02:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2788234 - 06/12/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Cool pictures.

1-3 look unnatural to me
4 looks like a bunch of mesh
6 IS SATAN!! (notice the PIERCING red eyes and the mysterious pose)
7 is structured like a deep sea fish

5, 8, 9 are interesting :smile: Any more photos of Deloy's sasquatch?

Whats significant about that huge manta?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (06/12/04 04:22 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #2788402 - 06/12/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

#4 is a basking shark. The lower jaw is one of the first parts to rot off, so you're left with the spine and a little skull which looks somewhat like a plesiosaur.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2788474 - 06/12/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

#2...wtf?! Thats kind of extreme.

I'm digging the picture of the terraton.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: filthysock]
    #2789821 - 06/13/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the responses yall

First off, yeah the terratorn is fucking amazing. the thought that those things used to soar the skies is mindblowing...

I have another pic of the Deloy's sasquatch but its basically the exact same thing from a slightly different angle.

The giant manta is significant in the same way the rest of them are...
they make you go 'holy shit nature is intense'

heres a couple more cool ones...

More Giant Animals:

The atlas moth , with a wingspan that can exceed a foot

Now that is One BIG fish

This is a photo taken by a helicopter over the amazon. The snake depicted has been calculated to be over 56 feet in length. When the helicopter lowerd for a closer look, the snake reared up and struck at the helicopter.

More Cryptozoology:

These images were taken by a group of fisherman and are supposed to show a dead plesiousaur like sea-serpent. Whatever this photo is, analysts have deduced that it is a very low probability that this is a hoax.

This is a very cool looking unclassified fish

This monstrosity washed up on a beach, and unlike most such discoveries it was actually examined by biologists. The conclusion: we dont know what the fuck this thing is. Natives have named it the 'ataka'

This photo supposedly shows a pterandon shot dead during the civil war. Sounds unlikely yes, but it is only one of 4 seperatly produced photos supposedly depicting dead pterandons during this period. Also, in certain rainforest tribes, natives were immediatly able to identify photographs of the creature as a real animal that lived in the rainforest and had even attacked natives. White explorers have alos reported seeing the creature and described it in detail without any previous knowledge of the supposedly extinct animal.

I had more but im out of memory or whatever.

Enjoy!

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2791293 - 06/13/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Here the link to a creature that was supposedly photographed in North Carolina recently. I can't get my computer to recognize the image for some reason so I can't post it by itself.

http://www.news-record.com/news/local/rand/creature_060304.htm

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (06/14/04 10:13 PM)

OfflineDF2K
Me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land before time
Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2793069 - 06/14/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

whatfile format are the images in?
could be simple enough to just open the image in a photo program, and then just "save as..." a compatable image type

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: DF2K]
    #2797041 - 06/15/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

crazy, i was just about to post that fox thing photo.
But i was hoping for more responses about what you all think about these photos, weather there real or not etc...

Anonymous

#2797358 - 06/15/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think any of those look real from the first post. I mean they are real objects but not what they are labelled.

Thunderbirds fascinate me though, I had a dream about them as a child and developed vertigo directly after the dream. Pretty scary shit

Anonymous

#2797369 - 06/15/04 11:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

BTW, where did you pull all of these from and your info?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: Organic]
    #2808458 - 06/19/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

sorry i was away for a while... ok
where did i get these? all over the web, but many are from www.cryptozoology.com... where did i get my info? well what info? mostly this was just an excuse to post cool photos, i didnt bother to link any of the articles or studies, but again cryptozoology.com has thousands of articles and news reports...

as for none of the first post being what they are labeld, thats not true. The terratorn is, inarguably a terratorn, and the giant manta ray is indeed a giant manta ray. The sea serpent carcass has been argued to be a decomposed basking shark (although this is still contested) and it has been proposed that the deloy's ape is actually an oversized spidermonkey, also still contested.

As for the skunk ape, if it's a real object, but not a skunk ape, then what is it? same goes for some of the other ones...

now when i put those labels im not saying thats what they are, generally i dont know what they are, im just giving some slightly sensationalist ideas that have been put forth...

judge for yourself.

Anonymous

#2808522 - 06/19/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Who is to say that terratorn is not a large fabric fake? Where are the skeletal remains? I'm just saying its hard to know if any of these are anything beyond a man in a monkey suit if there are no other signs of evidence or remains to make a judgement on.

Please, bigfoot sighters, next time you see him, follow his path and collect a few hairs that fall off and put this to rest, so simple. :smile:

I'm not really convinced by any of these but if I had to pick the most realistic one, I would say the Pteradon image. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting answers from you, this a more in general reply. Cryptozoology is fascinating but a very inexact study.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: Organic]
    #2808757 - 06/19/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the terratorn is actually not even in the category of cryptozoology at all i just included it cuz its fascinating and largely unknown, but it is a recognized species, with documented skeletal remains.

As for bigfoot hairs, an expidition searching for bigfoot DID recover some of its hair, and DNA testing showed it did not belong to any recognized species, which doesnt mean its bigfoot but it is something...

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2808833 - 06/19/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I thought the BigFoot mystery was debunked a few years ago when the people behind the scheme admitted their ploy. That does not mean that BigFoot doesn't exist, but it does explain a lot of the "sightings."

Edit: Just found information on the Patterson footage: http://www.bfro.net/REF/THEORIES/pgfdebunkings.asp

That site claims that BigFoot was never debunked, but who to believe, and more importantly, does it even matter other than to satisfy our childish curiosities? Nevertheless, to quench the latter, I believe the hoaxers came clean a few years ago, and this article, biased and outdated, may be incorrect.

Edited by daba (06/19/04 01:21 PM)

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2808861 - 06/19/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

All credibility goes down the chute?

Quote:

Thefoxwhoisn't
Posted by Aluxe, kalita1975@yahoo.com, on Jun 4, 2004
just to show what photoshop can do, I am not a professional at all and I did this in 10 min out of a picture of a cougar

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #2812978 - 06/21/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Dude no chupacabbra pics? What gives?

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: daba]
    #2815332 - 06/21/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Because something ~can~ be faked doesn't mean it is -

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#2815994 - 06/22/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

kewl

I actually did a speech over crytozoology... the speech where you have to quote sources and stuff...

anyway it's really interesting.

Don't forget some animals that were formally cryptnids but actually discovered... like the cylocanth(sp?) and giant squid, just a couple i can remember off the top of my head. I think at one point the giant panda was a cryptnid.

anyway, there was this team of hardcore bigfoot hunters who found a nest and they took some hair samplings from it and it came back as an 'unknown primate'. One of the reasons we haven't found any 'bigfoot' corpes is because animals that die in the wild hide themselves very well before dieing--for example we know bears exist but we've never found remains of a bear that's died of natural causes.

there are thousands upon thousands of unknown species out there, in fact i think like there's some 20 new species of insects and plants found in rainforests per week. and lord knows how many in the unexplored regions of the ocean.

there's a lot more out there than we know.

one day we may even be able to see the yeti exhibits in zoos.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2816778 - 06/22/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

exactly, thats the trick. with new species being discoverd every day, theres really no differance between zoology and cryptozoology, as as soon as a new species is discoverd it goes from the realm of crypto to regular zoology, like as you said the coelacenth and the qiant squid, as well as the mega mouth shark, the rainbow snake and the vampire jellyfish (its real!)

as for that photoshopped fox-cougar, theres really no comparison. Take that one and put it side by side with the earlier one...

One is obviously real, the other quite clearly a fake

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Cryptozoology (freaky photos, part 1) [Re: valour]
    #2821120 - 06/23/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

valour said:
Because something ~can~ be faked doesn't mean it is -

Exactly... that's like those two guys who claimed they were responsible for ALL of the crop circles that had been springing up overnight around the world. When asked to reproduce a crop circle using the method they described, it took them one satellite, 50 HPS lights, a team of engineers, and like 20 people working all through the night to produce a shoddy crop circle.

Then the skeptics go... oh.. so those guys claimed to be responsible for ALL the crop circles in the world, and then they did it so it must be true. Yeah, that is if you ignore all the known facts. Which are: some circles appeared before people's eyes in seconds; in genuine circles the grain is bent, and not broken as occurs when you crush it with wood like those guys did; of the thousands of reports of crop circles apperaring in fields around the world in the past years, no one has reported seeing teams of 20 guys and spotlights in their fields all night; it would be physically impossible for those guys, even if there was 100s of them.. to reproduce different crop circles around the world overnight. I could go on for about three more pages, but the point is to say that these two people are solely responsible for all THE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of genuine crop circles that have been appearing for hundreds of years in every part of the world...just based on the fact that they produced ONE INFERIOR CROP CIRCLE ON TV WITH THE HELP OF LIGHT, GPS, AND ENGINEERS is absolutely rediculous.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag