Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: Xlea321]
    #2811096 - 06/20/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

He defended the right of corporations to offer jobs in conditions that would make an american worker die of apoplexy.

Yet you claimed he supported the right of corporations to MAKE children work. As he has NEVER done so, you lied.

Quote:

You have spent the last year demanding "proof" before you accept WMD arn't in Iraq. Do you deny this?

Absolutely. What I have done is try to point out the difference between proof and evidence. You have failed back up your claim. You lied.

Quote:

So saying there are no WMD in Iraq is a lie?

Not if you state it is your opinion. Or even that the evidence supports your opinion. Since you claim it has been proven, you lied.

Quote:

As the supreme court has made clear the second amendment applies to well-regulated militias

False. Why try to pass that line off as mine when it's yours? Dishonesty.

Quote:

Lying bullshit.

Yet another lie.

Quote:

In Britain, Lord Chief Justice Mansfield rules that English law does not support slavery, thus laying the basis for freeing England?s 15,000 slaves.

"The purchasing of enslaved Africans was finally outlawed in the British Empire by an Act of Parliament in 1807. The abolition of slavery as an institution was not achieved until an Act of Parliament became law from the 1st August 1834. Emancipation was followed by four years of apprenticeship which was put in place to protect the plantation owners from losing their labour force."
You've seen this before. Another lie.

Quote:

Well done. You've had to go back 15 months to find my last error. Not a bad record is it. Still couldn't call this a lie.

You should note I didn't claim all were lies. Some were dishonest, some were failures to admit you're wrong. It only took you 15 months to do so.

Quote:

You've had to go back 15 months to find my last error.

No, that's just one you'd admit to.

Quote:

How long did it take you to come up with this pathetic list?

About 5 minutes. All but one were from the first two pages of an archive search, and all except one were directed at me. I didn't even look for those lies you've told to others. And except for one I didn't bother with the recent posts.

And yet, you still fail to back up your claims. Why is that PinochhiAl? I'll tell you why, because there are none to be found. The list I posted of yours is just the tip of the iceberg.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: Xlea321]
    #2811564 - 06/20/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Well it's no more a lie than pinksharkmark bringing up the debunked list of "17,000" scientists to support his argument about global warming. None of us are infallible, doesn't mean he was lying.

I won't hear anything about "lies" of WMD's, right

The WMD that don't exist?

Unless you can PROVE that he knew what he was saying was false,

I've no problem with him saying WMD are there until the cows come home. The problem I have with him is the launching of an invasion and killing thousands of innocent people on the basis of it.

I alluded to a few points in my post that begged for an answer from you. since you ignored all of them, I'll reask them with the squiggly curvy dotty thing at the end for your convience. Not that I have any illusions that you'll answer them, but it will at least show that you aren't answering them.

Do you think that George Bush is a "liar" because of the lack of WMD's to-date in Iraq?

Are you a "liar" for giving out false information?

Do you think that it is possible to give out false information but lack the intent of deception, thereby just making it spreading the same false information that everyone else has, rather than deliberatly decieving the audience?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: silversoul7]
    #2813186 - 06/21/04 04:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

looks like someone is bucking for a MOD position.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2813224 - 06/21/04 05:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

> Flaming: What it is and what it isn't

I haven't read this entire thread... this is my opinion, not the Admin's...

I keep the definition pretty simple: Flaming is when you attack the person rather than the topic.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: Seuss]
    #2814300 - 06/21/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Flaming: What it is and what it isn't

I haven't read this entire thread... this is my opinion, not the Admin's...

I keep the definition pretty simple: Flaming is when you attack the person rather than the topic.

Sadly, when some people find it impossible to be honest, there's no option.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2814313 - 06/21/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I also like those who do nothing but flame, then only to act upset and self-rightious when someone flames them. Personally I don't mind being flamed, sometimes it makes for interesting debate, other times it just ends the debate.

Just be assured LDS i will still continue to hound and flame you with all my might.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2814345 - 06/21/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
I also like those who do nothing but flame, then only to act upset and self-rightious when someone flames them.

That is pretty sad.

Quote:

Personally I don't mind being flamed,

The only time I see any problem with it is when it from one who can dish it out, but not take it.

Quote:

sometimes it makes for interesting debate, other times it just ends the debate.

Yup.

Quote:

Just be assured LDS i will still continue to hound and flame you with all my might.

Fuck you poopy head!

:rotfl:

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2814365 - 06/21/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you've been warned!!!

:hellfire:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2814380 - 06/21/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:ass:

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2814644 - 06/21/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Personally, I like calling people ass clowns. For some reason I like that phrase. I don't think that it is used enough. I think that ass pipe has a lot of potential as well.

I think that flaming and tension can't readily be seperated from these boards. If someone flames me, I just hope that they put an honest effort into it and make it somewhat amusing. Lame flames aren't fun for anyone to read.

I read one flame on another altogether unrelated board. After refuting an argument, he closed with...

"I pray for you and for the doctors who botched your lobotomy."

Now that was an instant classic. All I ask is that people strive towards greatness.

Personally, the threads I dislike mosts are the ones where someone just links to an article and provides no insight, thought, or commentary. I think that links are critical to certain arguments, but just a link alone is worthless and weak. I can go and read Salon.com if I wanted to, I don't need some shelp telling me to do so without giving me a valid argument.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2814748 - 06/21/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Easy: (quoted from Political Forum Rules )

1) NO FLAMING ...if you can't state your case or refute someone elses case without calling them "stupid" or an "idiot"..etc...Then don't bother posting here. This forum is for intelligent debate, not to try to belittle someone that doesn't think like you. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED ... If you have been warned already, you will receive a temporary ban, if you continue to flame you will be banned permanently...choose your words wisely or suffer the consequences.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: trendal]
    #2815215 - 06/21/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

And we needed a seperate thread so that a mod could show up and post the rules about flaming when the rules are clearly posted and clearly stated?

Just like a liberal.

What a waste of bandwidth.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: trendal]
    #2816199 - 06/22/04 04:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Rules? we don't need to stinkin' rules. :mad:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2816217 - 06/22/04 05:21 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ever see that Reno 911 where the short-shorted deputy is talking about racial sensitivity? The weird chick says in her funny serious way "Is it appropriate... which nigger took the last donut"

"No, that is wildly inappropriate"

Just some humor.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2816251 - 06/22/04 05:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Reno 911...good times.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2816938 - 06/22/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

sorry invertigo, but in a post 9/11 PA&L, all flamers shall be tarred and feathered.

We must do this to combat terrorism.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Flaming: What it is and what it isn't [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2817202 - 06/22/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ha, that's not too far from the truth.

My eyes have become quite open the last year or so and i don't like what I see.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder