Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: OldSpice]
    #2803571 - 06/17/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Damn your site looks a lot better Hippie 

C-ya,Just don't cross your boss:blowjob:

Hippie:how do I reconcile that bleach is used in the food industry when it is known to produce dioxin under certain conditions?
I don't since I do not make the FDA's policies. As for you booting me from Yourcotopia :lol: I was looking for just that you pompous ass.
BTW if that is the best psuedo-contradiction in my arguement you can dredge from your over-stuffed ego then LMAO Hippie.Many foods are "washed" in mild bleach.None have bleach incorporated in the formation of the final food product,That is bleach is not incorporated into the biosynthetic paths or used as an additive in growing food.Dunking a cake in bleach is incorporating chlorine into the biosynthetic pathways of the mycelium.If you cannot or will not recognize this basic diference then you are a source of ego driven self righteousness(duh)
I simply dislike you Hippie,I do not like your condescending attitudes, you quasi-fascist web site,your quasi-scientific excuses for contaminating a spawn cake with bleach.I dislike you because you are promoting a process which would NOT be approved of for food products and making unproven claims to it's safety.So if you dislike what I have to say go home to yourcotopia so my opinions don't affect you so much and you can promote whatever bullshit "tek" you dream up (neglect tek:lol:er...uh... I forgot a jar and it fruited,damn I invented a "tek")
but if you post your Bull here expect to be questioned and if you can't take it C-ya
WR:wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: Hippie3]
    #2804956 - 06/18/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

to my knowledge
stamets NEVER used bleach on live mycellia

An admirable decision

Quote:

so i'm riding on no one but my own work.

So you get credit for anything which your guinea pigs come down with also,eh?

Quote:

i daresay i'll not be wasting my time
trying to prove anything to mr. rasta
esp. a negative proposition like
"what have you got showing chlorine is not incorporating itself into the shroom?"

WHAT! The psuedo scientist cannot sneak a small sample into a college to run a GC/MS on it.Christ damn near any grad student would do it for pennies.

Quote:

what you think or say have pretty little significance

Finally something we agree on,if only you realized the same of your self

Quote:

and hundreds are using it with good results
so i'd say it's pretty much here to stay
even without your approval.

Wasn't it pride that came before the fall?

Quote:

hundreds are using it with good results
so i'd say it's pretty much here to stay
even without your approval.

Since when did anyone need MY aproval to grow illeagle fungi?I mearly offer an alternative to polluting your experiments with chlorine and you whine, bitch and do your lame best to discount what I am saying.Well YOU can't boot me here for disagreeing with you, and apparently you cannot even come up with a decent arguement supporting the safety of chlorine free radicals in the biosynthetic pathways of psychoactive fungi.Just lame lobs trying to find contradiction in my arguements when there is none.
Petty web nerd,you answer your own posts @ yourcotopia and ban any one who disagrees with you.You spend many hrs posting so if you also actually participate in this hobby,then I simply pity your miserable life and it's narrow little channels of outlet
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleYesItsMe
Homeless GOHOME !...
Loc: Working for Piss ;...
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: whiterasta]
    #2805568 - 06/18/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Smoke weed , be peace!!!

--------------------
God save the Queen

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2807037 - 06/18/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yep Myko looks nice ...to bad you cant see it :tongue2:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: OldSpice]
    #2808028 - 06/19/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

pathetic... :whatever: :bye:
BTW I still have full access to the site(:badcomputer:),so.....I can see,read it and post there, your point is?Just drop it little puppet :jiggy:Hippie can speak for himself if he chooses.
PS unless you have something of value to the central arguement of the appropriate or inappropriate nature of incorporation of chorine into mycelium intended for consumption you are off topic and should shut up.
PPS; Get a life! 12000+posts in under a year!We can be pretty sure you don't do much in your life.  :rockets:

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (06/19/04 01:37 AM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #2808416 - 06/19/04 07:37 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"Dunking a cake in bleach is incorporating chlorine into the biosynthetic pathways of the mycelium"

prove that, and you might have an argument.
but you have not, and cannot.
it's just your assertion
and you are nobody.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2808427 - 06/19/04 07:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

From http://www.ento.okstate.edu/zoospore/managing/treat/chlorination.html

"Treatment of drinking water and municipal waste water with chlorine is being discontinued in some countries because of reaction of chlorine with humic substances to form trihalomethanes which may be harmful to human health."

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: Anno]
    #2808442 - 06/19/04 08:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thank You Anno for the third link Hippie has gotten regarding chorine forming organohalides  :cheers:
BTW Hippie du trois, better a self realized nobody than a somebody who thinks they're somebody .Personal slams and discounting facts do not change that you are wrong and are incapable of admitting it.You were wrong when I challenged your assertions @ yourcotopia and you are wrong now.
Please continue attempting to defend the undefensable.It suits you,

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#2808450 - 06/19/04 08:23 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it seems to me to be perfectly obvious that you cannot prove anything with disparate examples.
what goes on in a waste treatment facility is a far different thing than what goes on in a simple bleach dip.
just because dioxins form in one specific set of conditions does not mean that dioxins will form in completely different conditions.
obvious and simple,
and exactly why the FDA says using bleach dips on edibles is perfectly safe.
also,
even if some tiny amount of dioxin did form,
you still have not shown this claim to be factual
Quote:

"Dunking a cake in bleach is incorporating chlorine into the biosynthetic pathways of the mycelium"

in short,
you got nothing .

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#2808559 - 06/19/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You people remind me of my kids ALWAYS ARGUING AND BITCHIN ABOUT SOMETHING NETHER ONE OF YOU CAN PROVE SHUT THE FUCK UP

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #2808569 - 06/19/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: I got it all fool...I am not feverishly attempting to defend a improper practice.
Quote:

you still have not shown this claim to be factual

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in short,
you got nothing . 

I suggest you go back and reread Stamets on fungal absorbsion of toxins as a method of removing them from the environment.I may got ,as you say,"nuthin'" but Stamets and others are quite well aquainted with the waste absorbsion capabilities of fungal mycelia.In a cake since it is NOT fungal food chlorine is a waste/contamination.

http://www.fungi.com/mycotech/

http://www.fungi.com/mycotech/farmwaste.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2809033 - 06/19/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i don't understand why you think wr has to prove it's dangerous, YOU are the one that should prove it's safe... every link he provides you say well it's a diffrent situation, no link you have provided is the same situation either. do you understand that logic? you care so goddamn much about a reputation on the internet and always stress how you invented it and how you help so many and give the devil his dues blah blah, eat some shrooms and lose the goddamn ego man :stoned:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2809328 - 06/19/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How bout we just say that shrooms grown using bleach dunking techniques may not be labeled "Organic" and sold commercially.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2809559 - 06/19/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Leave Hippie alone to persue his megalomaniacal fantasy -- everyone needs some reason to get out of bed in the morning :wink:  Don't feel bad -- he kicked me out, too, but I could care less -- his "discussion forum" is equivalent to Russia while Stalin was in power.

However, this argument is silly.  Noone can prove it, one way or the other.  IMO, given the amount of mushrooms one might eat the risk is null.  Yes, ONE experiment found chlorinated drinking water to have a cancer risk factor of 1.5.  Another study found it to have a risk factor of .7, which means if you were to drink chlorinated drinking water you would have LESS of a risk of developing cancer, by 70%.  None of these studies are conclusive, so they are not even worth mentioning.

Let's give an example.  Richer people drink bottled water -- poorer people tend not to.  Poorer people in a given are are be more likely to live near high tension wires, or to live nearer to the industrialized sections of certain cities and be more in contact with industrial waste products.  The studies you mentioned (many posts ago) did not take those variables into account (in addition to many others,) and are thus inconclusive.  If something were to have a ccc risk factor of 20, well, that would be different.  If there were any conclusive studies out there, people would know about them.  The rest is speculation.  I have stayed out of this argument thus far simply to avoid circumlocution.

However, regarding dioxin, usually it's formed at really high temperatures, except for maybe a couple of obscure examples.  It would not be formed in situ in a metabolic pathway, though -- only by coincidence.  Keep in mind the fact that you have a pretty high concentration of Cl- ions in your bloodstream at all times -- if you didn't you would go int seizures and die.

Also, any drug that is an HCl salt (most drugs) could chlorinate compounds in the body, by your rationale.  I think this is a rediculous arument.

I could keep going on, but it's not worth it.  Bleach has not been shown to be carcinogenic, so there is no way to argue that it is, unless you have new data to bring forth.

JMO

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: micro]
    #2809624 - 06/19/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I shall defer to YOUR logic micro :shrug::grin:
It was a minor diversion to take a position and argue it just to make Hippie :crying:.The whole point is to watch for so called "experts" springing "new" teks out.The bleach tek is NOT something I would use but hey to each,eh? Oh and for the record dioxin is only an example of a toxic organohalide people would know right off, the actual organohalides I find possibly concerning are produced by bleach and metabolic waste,again to each there own.I shall stand by the fact the BEST methods involve NO chemicals incorporated in the mycelium and excellent sterile technique.JMO  :3rd_eye:

Quote:

Leave Hippie alone to persue his megalomaniacal fantasy -- everyone needs some reason to get out of bed in the morning  Don't feel bad -- he kicked me out, too, but I could care less -- his "discussion forum" is equivalent to Russia while Stalin was in power.

Well said and trudat  :thanx:

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Hip's Bleach Experiment/TEK [Re: micro]
    #2810730 - 06/20/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

lol
to each
their own fantasy eh ?
i'm content in mine,
hope you are in yours.
my 'discussion forum'
proves itself by its'
continued growth.
no one was lining up
to get into stalin's russia
but i get hundreds a month.
where's YOUR site rasta, micro ?
oh, that's right,
you don't have any.
just bottom-feeders here on someone else's site.
just like you were at 'topia
before i tossed both your sorry asses out.
lol

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #2810793 - 06/20/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

where's YOUR site rasta, micro ?
oh, that's right,
you don't have any.

But I do have a wonderful life filled with people,hobbies and many other things you you seem to lack.Just keep the fantasy that being"somebody" on the web is what you are, it's the same as being the favorite bum on the block,everyone may know you but that doesn't mean you are respected.

Quote:

no one was lining up
to get into stalin's russia
but i get hundreds a month. 

And this means what to me who's life does NOT revolve around a useless internet "status"? Who's income is not dotcom chump change and who's time is far too valuable to spend the hrs jacking off into my keyboard that you do Hippie? So what your lil site gets hits, BFD, your hardly the only game in town and definately not a cordial host(pretty good if you want Hippie's opinions crammed up your ass though :smirk:)
PS. Hippie...
Quote:

my 'discussion forum'
proves itself 

It proves you can hold a conversation with yourself
Now you should run along back to this wonderful website you refer to.I don't know why you would even darken the door of this slum when such heaven awaits you of your own creation? Perhaps you could forget a couple jars in your car and invent automotive neglect tek and find a whole new soap box to proclaim your worth from....poor insecure bastard.

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2811115 - 06/20/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Tee hee *bottom feeders*  :tongue2:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #2811116 - 06/20/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Edited by hairs (06/20/04 03:02 PM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#2820087 - 06/23/04 06:04 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"go back and reread Stamets on fungal absorbsion of toxins as a method of removing them from the environment.I may got ,as you say,"nuthin'" but Stamets and others are quite well aquainted with the waste absorbsion capabilities of fungal mycelia.In a cake since it is NOT fungal food chlorine is a waste/contamination."

again,
you are trying to use apples to prove oranges.
not all fungi absorb toxins,
and those that do
don't absorb every toxin.
so the fact that a certain species of mushroom
has been shown to 'eat' a certain toxin
in no way can be argued to prove
that cubensis will absorb chlorine byproducts.
you still got nothing.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale