Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Request for advice...
    #2807613 - 06/19/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Here?s the deal: I am unsure whether I should day trip or night trip. My next trip will probably be made by myself alone as my friend experienced too difficult of a trip the previous time. I will be tripping (not sure when- just whenever this guy I know goes and picks some more, which I?ll ask him to do soon) in my parent?s house here in east Texas. We have some neighbors around, but I don?t think that there would be much of a risk of visitors when I do it. We have a cool stone patio with decent backyard and LOTS of trees.

The pros of day tripping: Well, first of all, it would be daylight so I would actually be able to see ALL of the trees and flowers around our house, as well as have a good view of our stone patio which I?m sure will be fun to look at. It seems like the outside would be a lot more ?alive? during the daytime.

The pros of night tripping: Before I get into night tripping, let me say that my entire life I have been fascinated by fire. Watching the flames of a fire is so mesmerizing and I just love fire. If I tripped at night, I would spend time sitting out on the patio (I smoke cigarettes and weed). The cool thing is that my dad bought me a kieva (sp?) which is kind of like a small, outdoor fireplace. While on the patio, I would build myself a sweet ass, campfire-size blaze. I have tripped by a fire twice recently, but the first time I was a little too crazy to enjoy what little flame we could get going, and the most recent time the trip wasn?t too intense, so I was unable to get the full affect.

Things to consider in both cases: All I can think of really is music. I love getting lost in music such as Pink Floyd and Tool while tripping, so my cd player will definitely be incorporated into the experience. Also, I *kind of* want to carry around a notebook in case I get the urge to draw something cool or write down something cool. Finally, I?m going to do what someone suggested in a previous thread and write down questions concerning things I want to ponder while under the influence of some magic mushrooms.

So? if YOU were in MY shoes, whenever you scored some mushrooms, would YOU choose to day trip or night trip? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions! :smile: :stoned:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Request for advice... [Re: Bonez420]
    #2807665 - 06/19/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

nite, hands down

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2807907 - 06/19/04 02:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever tripped during the day?  If not, go for it.  :smile:  It can be a fantastically different experience.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Request for advice... [Re: Sev]
    #2807921 - 06/19/04 02:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

...if you don't mind the sun burning your eyeballs out.

:wink:

just an opinion, friend.

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#2807954 - 06/19/04 02:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why not trip a couple hours before sunrise so you get the best of both worlds?

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Request for advice... [Re: PinballWizard]
    #2808436 - 06/19/04 10:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've tripped once during the day and as you said, it was a spectacular experience. The leaves of trees were all blending into one, constant flow of color. The trees seemed to be dancing to the music we were listening to, as well, which was fun.

PinballWizard: I don't know if I could stay up late enough or wake up early enough to dose prior to sunrise. I *have* considered dosing about an hour or two before sunset, since sunsets are supposed to be great to look at as well.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys. I can't express how much I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. :smile:

Offlinethesnow
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Request for advice... [Re: PinballWizard]
    #2808438 - 06/19/04 10:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

^^^ What he said.

This usually is my favorite method...my best trips have been when I dosed just in the last hour or two of daylight, it's a magical transition from light to dark...

OfflineLoverOfMana
Hmm

#2808513 - 06/19/04 11:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'd suggest the day... but in the woods where the canopy causes all the light to filter through the leaves instead of direct sunlight. Easy on the eyes, and a very cool atmosphere.

--------------------
"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Request for advice... [Re: LoverOfMana]
    #2808710 - 06/19/04 02:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Only problem with the woods is that basically anywhere I walk, I run into a spider web, and spider webs freak me out when I'm sober so that might not work out so well. If I get too hot or if it gets too sunny (given that I do it during the day), I can always sit on our porch which has a covering over it.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #2809044 - 06/19/04 05:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

When i tripped at night,indoors alone, it began light and over time it got dark, by that time i was feeling very alone and quite frightend (i drifted onto a bad trip) i was just dying to see the sun again, i saw the dark as being lifeless and depressing, but i guess this was just a personal point
M.M

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Request for advice... [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #2809430 - 06/19/04 08:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

That's interesting. When I was daytripping, it was cloudy so at times the sun would go away. I never felt despair when it was shady, but it *did* always make me extremely happy to see the sun come out again. Similiarly, on one of the night trips, we had a very hard time getting a fire going (and eventually gave up) but it was kind of the same way. When there was no flames, it felt like something bad was going on and it felt somewhat cold. But whenever I would see the flames spark back up, I would think to myself "Everything is right with the world".

Offlinenonamebrandeggs
Stranger
    #2809443 - 06/19/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I get paranoid at night, too many gang-stars in my area. My next experience is going to be during the day for sure.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience