Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Racism
    #2804557 - 06/18/04 03:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's stupid, and ignorant. Sure, some use the words "nigger," "chink,"  "cracker," etc. jokingly, which is fine based on what company you're around, but to use those words to offend is simply idiotic. As an insult, a racial slur immediately shows one's cretinous character and the extent of one's little mind. I cannot stress how pathetic it is to use nationality and skin color as a method of putting someone down.

As a minority I have to deal with this bullshit more than a white person. Can anyone relate?

I just had to vent. Thanks for reading this. I'm sick of racism. Another reason a certain group of humanity just stinks :thumbdown:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Racism [Re: daba]
    #2804618 - 06/18/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

daba, if you're so upset about it, PM me. You don't have to be a whiny bitch and post in the Support Group forum about it. You caught me in a bad mood and I apologize for making a goddamn joke.

Invisibleadrug

Re: Racism [Re: adrug]
    #2804623 - 06/18/04 04:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I might also add that this thread is a bit ironic considering the current channel topic you created in #shroomery...

Quote:

Topic for #shroomery is: www.niggerfreehosting.com
Set by daba at June 18, 2004

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Racism [Re: adrug]
    #2804644 - 06/18/04 04:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sure, some use the words "nigger," "chink," "cracker," etc. jokingly, which is fine based on what company you're around, but to use those words to offend is simply idiotic.

I'm not going to argue with you. That is all I have to say. Now please stay out of this thread if you're going to crap on it.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2805229 - 06/18/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hi chinkyflakes.

:laugh:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2805235 - 06/18/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Being a race that tends to excell well beyond the average white American makes it a little hard to complain about whitey keeping you down.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2805241 - 06/18/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

daba said:
It's stupid, and ignorant. Sure, some use the words "nigger," "chink,"  "cracker," etc. jokingly, which is fine based on what company you're around, but to use those words to offend is simply idiotic. As an insult, a racial slur immediately shows one's cretinous character and the extent of one's little mind. I cannot stress how pathetic it is to use nationality and skin color as a method of putting someone down.

As a minority I have to deal with this bullshit more than a white person. Can anyone relate?

I just had to vent. Thanks for reading this. I'm sick of racism. Another reason a certain group of humanity just stinks :thumbdown:.

Hey, I read.  I'm white and I grew up with racist parents.  Whenever I wanted to play with the other children, my parents wouldn't let me.  It took awhile to catch onto the fact that they weren't letting me because the other kids were black.  When I was in high school, my best friend was black, and my parents didn't want me getting too close to him, so they forbid me to see him outside of school yet allowed me to go out with lots of white boys all the time.  I ended up having to lie and be deceptive just to see my best friend.  I remember feeling so confused.  A couple of times, I even confronted my parents, accusing them of being racist.  They acted all offended and said, "it's not our rule, it's God's rule," or something like that.  :rolleyes:

Even as a naive teenager, I KNEW that was absurd.  Even growing up in that house as a little girl, I *knew* instintively that to judge and label someone on the basis of race, was wrong.  Children are the future.  :thumbup:  Sounds cliche, but it's true.  They have no need for the labels that the adults in our frantic society try to place on everything. 

Try not to let what happened (not sure what happened, just saying) get you so much.  Maybe that advice isn't so good coming from someone who isn't a minority, but I wanted to help.  I agree, it is an incredibly pathetic way to insult someone, if you must insult anyone at all.  Take comfort in the fact that you know better then they. 

Sorry you had a rough day  :heart:

truly,

*me*

Anonymous #1

#2806116 - 06/18/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey, stop to think about it once......who really gives a fuck what someone else thinks, seriously man. You already realize that to diss someone for skin color is a desperate attempt for an ego boost. Yes i can relate, it did bother me at first, but now days i honestly dont give a fuck. Analyze the situation once, see who the real losers are. This one white dude always calls me nigger(jokingly) and i dont give a fuck anymore, he is more of what a nigger would be anyways, he tries to be black, and prolly calls me 'the nigger' because he wishes he was black.

some are just that ignorant yet that they dont realize that its just a body, YOU are in a non-white body, whoopdy shit.

so hey, next time somebody disses you for whatever race you are, or mixed race, realize that it dont mean shit, they are so damn ignorant they think you are your body, and to me that is the funniest fucking thing ever. its like hahaha? you dont even realize who you really are yet. and on top of all things man, what i know is this.....EVERYBODY, i dont care what you think now, or how you feel now, EVERYBODY LOVES EVERYBODY, despite any animosity in this life as a human. So next time somebody calls you a racial name, try and realize that THEY really dont mean it, its just their ego talking shit, they deep down will feel bad about it, and it is actually so petty that it wont even fade you none in the end, you will be like aw its ok man, big deal, and you will laugh about it in the most loving way together

hahah, sounds whack if you dont understand, im sure. but hey, thats the way it will be, you'll see.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Racism [Re: ]
    #2806140 - 06/18/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The funny thing is that this board is full of rednecks who suck KKK dick.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2806954 - 06/18/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I regularly get called 'honky' by my non-white friends.

I have to see jokes on UPN all the time about how white people can't dance, talk funny, and are uptight (even though none of these things is true for all white people)

if I were to go into certain neighborhoods, I would get shot or robbed almost directly because I am white.

I am disqualified from certain scholarships because I am white

I am often told that I shouldn't listen to certain kinds of music, use certain slang, or dress a certain way because I am white.

so yes, I do know how it feels to be discriminated against.

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: Racism [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2807355 - 06/18/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
I regularly get called 'honky' by my non-white friends.

I have to see jokes on UPN all the time about how white people can't dance, talk funny, and are uptight (even though none of these things is true for all white people)

if I were to go into certain neighborhoods, I would get shot or robbed almost directly because I am white.

I am disqualified from certain scholarships because I am white

I am often told that I shouldn't listen to certain kinds of music, use certain slang, or dress a certain way because I am white.

so yes, I do know how it feels to be discriminated against.

I have the same problem. Racism does suck.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2807602 - 06/18/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah man, I hate it when people try to classify things. its like there is an imaginary chart and graph in their head, its just not normal.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2809116 - 06/19/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Imagine if people discriminated against hair color insetead of skin color.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Racism [Re: Rose]
    #2810056 - 06/19/04 11:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Imagine if people discriminated against hair color insetead of skin color.

What do you call two blondes standing ear-to-ear?

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Racism [Re: silversoul7]
    #2810085 - 06/19/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I gove up... what do you call two blondes standing ear to ear?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Racism [Re: Rose]
    #2810844 - 06/20/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

A wind tunnel

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Racism [Re: silversoul7]
    #2813292 - 06/21/04 06:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"ginger" is an anagram of "nigger"...

Food for thought?

Maybe not.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2813369 - 06/21/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> As a minority I have to deal with this bullshit more than a white person. Can anyone relate?

I'm a white guy that lives in a population that is 95% black. I think I can relate. Regardless of color, class, or creed... people discriminate... part of being human, I guess, though I don't understand why... we all hurt the same.

Not that everybody here looks at your color first, but many do. The worst here is people cutting in lines. I will be next in line, after a twenty minute wait, to pay a bill... and somebody will jump ahead of me... a nice, excuse me, I was next results in a 'your too clear to see...' or simply being ignored. More often than not, the person behind the counter will have a small smile on their face, amused by the situation. Annoying, but nothing to get upset over... life is too short...

Even more amazing, the locals (who are black) are even more rude to black folks from the states than white folks from the states... To them, a black man from the states is obviously a sellout to the white man, making him somehow worse!?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder