Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom * 1
    #28066006 - 11/23/22 09:53 PM (4 days, 20 hours ago)

Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom
November 23, 2022 - The National

'There is no place in the police station where the stored goods can be saved from the rats,' prosecutor says

Indian police have claimed that rats ate almost 600kg of cannabis after a court demanded that the confiscated drugs be produced as evidence during a trial for people facing smuggling charges.

Police in the northern city of Mathura wrote to magistrates to say 581kg of the drugs had gone missing from two storerooms after the consignments were seized from traffickers more than five years ago.

Public prosecutor Ranveer Singh said the consignments were eaten by rodents and could not be produced.

“There is no place in the police station where the stored goods can be saved from the rats. The remaining [cannabis] from the huge consignment was destroyed by officers,” the prosecutors told the court.

Police had arrested six alleged smugglers on a motorway and seized the drugs in two consignments in 2018 and 2019. The smugglers are now on trial for drug trafficking and other narcotics laws.

Police had delivered samples of the drugs to the court at the beginning of the trial but were mandated to produce the actual cache to bolster their case and obtain a conviction.

The court asked top police officers to ensure the safety of the evidence, which was meant to be presented on Saturday.

The prosecution told the court that nearly 700kg of cannabis stored across several police stations in the district were under threat from rats.

They also spoke of the inability to deal with the rodents, which they claimed were overwhelming the most secure places inside police stations.

“Being small in size, the rats have no fear of police, nor can the police officers be considered experts in solving the problem,” the prosecutors said.

Trials in India can take years, if not decades, and many accused often escape punishment over poor police investigations or evidence management.

Prosecutors in eastern Jharkhand state told a court in 2017 that rats had consumed nearly 45kg of marijuana after they arrested a smuggler trafficking nearly 150kg of drugs.

Police in neighbouring Bihar state in the same year claimed rats had drunk nearly one million litres of alcohol kept in storerooms in one of the country’s few dry states.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: veggie] * 2
    #28066016 - 11/23/22 10:03 PM (4 days, 20 hours ago)

….:okiapprove:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: veggie]
    #28066018 - 11/23/22 10:05 PM (4 days, 20 hours ago)

Among traditional growers cannabis is extremely accepted in India. Bhang shops operate widely and it is distributed yearly on Holi. Though cannabis is illegal, when it is sold as bhang it often isn't - a nod to its cultural role.

Interdiction seems to be a good thing in many cases because it usually targets foreign agents seeking to bring in illegal crops on land they don't own. These introduced cannabis plants threaten to eliminate the biodiversity of India's native plants - including some sativas that naturally grow over 10 feet tall.

OfflineRotnpinsS
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Loc: in (front of) the hood
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: veggie]
    #28066179 - 11/24/22 12:20 AM (4 days, 17 hours ago)

:kittylaugh:

Offlinesymbaline
 User Gallery

Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: Rotnpins]
    #28066218 - 11/24/22 12:56 AM (4 days, 17 hours ago)

hare krishna

--------------------
never find a gun of mine

Offlinegreen711
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: symbaline]
    #28066287 - 11/24/22 02:04 AM (4 days, 16 hours ago)

Ate by rats? What kinda bs lie is that? Okay… sure

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #28066366 - 11/24/22 02:54 AM (4 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
….:okiapprove:

and my dog totally ate all my homework.  :rofl2:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me Death caps

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
spiritwalker

Loc: reno
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #28066440 - 11/24/22 03:40 AM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

the end of the article says the rats drank 1million liters of alcohol kept in storerooms.

i wana party with those rats

--------------------
:tinfoil:  :tinfoil:

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: split_by_nine]
    #28066519 - 11/24/22 04:29 AM (4 days, 13 hours ago)

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: split_by_nine]
    #28066565 - 11/24/22 04:56 AM (4 days, 13 hours ago)

I hear ya.  Themz some cool cats rats.  :cheers:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me Death caps

OfflineRotnpinsS
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Loc: in (front of) the hood
    #28066768 - 11/24/22 07:27 AM (4 days, 10 hours ago)

Idk why, but this story really has me cracking up.. every time someone replies, and I see it pop back up on my thread feed, it makes me smile at the absurdity of the whole situation :lol:

If anyone that wasn't law enforcement used this type of excuse, I'm sure it wouldn't get them very far... I'd be very interested in knowing whether or not a proper investigation is pursued, or if this ridiculous excuse will actually work.

My prediction... if there is any sort of investigation it will reach a dead end quickly, and any impropriety will be swept under the rug.

Either way, I'm sure that this doesn't bode well for the prosecution's case against the alleged smugglers :lol:

Offlineguest1
Mycena
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Indian police say rats ate 600kg of cannabis from station storeroom [Re: Rotnpins]
    #28069399 - 11/26/22 04:52 AM (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Sorry to bring in the bitter sarcasm...

Imagine how many lives were saved from confiscating 600kg of cannabis.
(0)

With the known danger and lethality of cannabis,
this must have caused a complete eradication of local rats.
(I'm sure zero rats died as a direct result, probably mated and are waiting to have nice healthy babies.)

I look forward to a day where propaganda about cannabis is laughed at by 90%+ of humans on earth and that 10% who believe it, are constantly made fun of.

Until that day... aww rats!

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
    #28070984 - 11/27/22 09:47 AM (1 day, 8 hours ago)

I've heard the cops use that excuse before, not sure of which department, it's probably on google. It's hard to believe that anyone that used that excuse wasn't fired, but maybe the judge/prosecutor and others are in on it, and they're all just putting on a show for us, meanwhile they're getting paid.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom