Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: silversoul7]
    #2806652 - 06/18/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I merely stated my opinion. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not.

You'd better get that bite on your ass treated. It obviously is affecting your demeanor.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2806658 - 06/18/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I'll have to disagree. IMO acting nice only makes us look weak in their eyes.

Why is focusing on the rational, effective, and efficient means of fighting terrorism (i.e. law enforcement, intelligence work, and international cooperation) equate to "acting nice"? Since when was the CIA and FBI "nice"?

If you had skin cancer cells on your arm, would you want the surgeon to either go in with a sharp blade or a laser to carefully extract the cells or would you want him to "be tough" and just cut the arm off?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: Vvellum]
    #2806666 - 06/18/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Apples and oranges. Weak.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806697 - 06/18/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

its called a metaphor...but if you dont think they are parallel, fine. Please answer my first two questions:

Why is focusing on the rational, effective, and efficient means of fighting terrorism (i.e. law enforcement, intelligence work, and international cooperation) equate to "acting nice"? Since when was the CIA and FBI "nice"?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2806740 - 06/18/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think that's the rational, effective, or efficient way to treat terrorism. I think it makes us appear weak. Track them down and kill them.

I don't want the CIA or FBI to be nice. I'd be disappointed if they were. Track the terrorists down and kill them.

Am I being clear enough? Nice doesn't work. Kill as many as possible, as quickly as possible, in the most painful horrible ways imaginable.

And I realize you were attemping a metaphor. It was just a very weak attempt. You may not care for this one any more than I liked yours....

A plague is running rampant. Do you:
A. Do little because it might offend some otherwise?
B. Nuke the area where the plague is spreading and clamp down on travel until your reasonably sure the plague is contrained?

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806778 - 06/18/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think that's the rational, effective, or efficient way to treat terrorism. I think it makes us appear weak. Track them down and kill them.

How do you track terror networks down without a major emphasis on law enforcement and intelligence?

Quote:

I don't want the CIA or FBI to be nice. I'd be disappointed if they were. Track the terrorists down and kill them.

The general military does not have skill set to "track the terrorists down" in the first place; the military is designed to fight battles on the battlefield. Special forces, who do have such capabilities, work hand-in-hand with intelligence agents.

Quote:

Kill as many as possible, as quickly as possible, in the most painful horrible ways imaginable

How are you going to find them in the first place?

Quote:

A plague is running rampant. Do you:
A. Do little because it might offend some otherwise?
B. Nuke the area where the plague is spreading and clamp down on travel until your reasonably sure the plague is contrained?

Answer my question too, to be fair.

Okay Plague 101 with the help of: CDC Prevention and Control of DVBID

1. first is general prevention
2. in the event of an outbreak, quarantine those who have contracted the disease.
3. Provide antibiotics for those in the vacinity of the outbreak who havent contracted the disease.

Persons who must be present in an area where a plague outbreak is occurring can protect themselves for 2 to 3 weeks by taking antibiotics. The preferred antibiotics for prophylaxis against plague are the tetracyclines or the sulfonamides.

No nuclear genocide necessary.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2806783 - 06/18/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

*sigh*

Main Entry: ram?pant
Pronunciation: 'ram-p&nt also -"pant
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, present participle of ramper
1 a : rearing upon the hind legs with forelegs extended b : standing on one hind foot with one foreleg raised above the other and the head in profile -- used of a heraldic animal
2 a : marked by a menacing wildness, extravagance, or absence of restraint b :

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806805 - 06/18/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Do you always sidestep? Please answer my questions.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2806813 - 06/18/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

No side step. I gave my answers in the previous post. If you don't like them.... tough shit.

Direct enough for you?

Bring back the nipple!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2806815 - 06/18/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Here, I'll toss you a bone.

Q: How are you going to find them in the first place?
A; Look in the Yellow Pages.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2806828 - 06/18/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

since when do bombs discriminate between 'standing armies' and civilians?
i'm sure ours won't mind the difference :wink:

Anonymous

#2806831 - 06/18/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I think recent history has proven me right. Just look at the Berg beheading video. It was a response to the torture of those prisoners.

you make it sound just!
being spat on and mocked doesnt compare

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806838 - 06/18/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Your "metaphor" had little to do with reality - hence my simplistic answer. Are entire populations involved in terror networks? Um, no.

Quote:

I gave my answers in the previous post.

Hardly. Please answer: How do you track terror networks down without a major emphasis on law enforcement and intelligence?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2806888 - 06/18/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You really are a tedious lil' fella.

Law enforcement"and" intelligence.

Here, since you must have missed it.... from my second post in this thread:
He's said he would treat terrorist acts as police actions.

And then my third:
Yet, he had insisted during much of the primary that the fight against terrorists was primarily a police action rather than a military operation.

And my fourth:
Massive military involvement is key.
Notice the word "involvement".

And finally.... please show where at any time I suggested that "intelligence" should not be part of plan?

Here, before you look I'll paste this from my twelfth post in this thread:

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2807015 - 06/18/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

IMO acting nice only makes us look weak in their eyes.

True. If we falter, they will take advantage of our weakness. But,
if we vociferously go after them, we make martyrs of them and
they get more recruits. These people are willing to kill themselves
to kill us. There is no reasoning with them. You either
attempt to destroy them or you stop doing what is pissing them off.
I think we should do a mix of the two.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2807027 - 06/18/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You either attempt to destroy them or you stop doing what is pissing them off.

:thumbup: Couldn't agree more.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2807131 - 06/18/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Here, since you must have missed it.... from my second post in this thread: He's said he would treat terrorist acts as police actions.

From your link, [Kerry] went on to say that the war on terror is "occasionally military," but that "it's primarily an intelligence and law-enforcement operation that requires cooperation around the world, the very thing this administration is worst at."

You have yet to explain why this strategy is wrong, other than saying I don't think that's the rational, effective, or efficient way to treat terrorism. I think it makes us appear weak. Well, why is it not rational, effective, nor efficient and how exactly is a strong law enforcement and intelligence gathering "weak"? Explain yourself for once.

Quote:

Yet, he had insisted during much of the primary that the fight against terrorists was primarily a police action rather than a military operation.

See the above quote for Kerry's stance on how to combat terror networks.

Quote:

Massive military involvement is key.
Notice the word "involvement"

No one, including Kerry, ever said the military should not be involved. The difference is the amount and degree of involvment - you think the US should have soliders invade nations left and right in order to capture/kill terrorists regardless of the cost (your attempt at a metaphor is testment to this: you liken islamic nations to being Plauge-ridden and needing to be nuked). Kerry and others think law enforcement and intelligence should have the primary role and the military should be on hold until they are necessary.

Quote:

show where at any time I suggested that "intelligence" should not be part of plan?

You seem to disagree with the idea of a primary involvement of law enforcement and intelligence agencies in combatting terror networks in favor of a primary military solution (i.e. the war on terror being conducted by military generals instead of spies, infilitrators, and law enforcement).

Edited by bi0 (06/18/04 08:37 PM)

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2807214 - 06/18/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

You either attempt to destroy them or you stop doing what is pissing them off.

:thumbup: Couldn't agree more.

A mix of the two...which would be like life in prison...no death penalty and no being mean.  Just a huge prison compound full of busted terrorist.  Sounds like another case for the left wing media to jump out and tell the world how much we hate ourselves and how so very wrong we are in what we do.  :smirk:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: Stein]
    #2807269 - 06/18/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Excuse me, but wtf are you talking about?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2807290 - 06/18/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry SS, I might have quoted the wrong person. But since you're here and I got a few minutes, tell me what a mix of the two is?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order