Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida
    #2806274 - 06/18/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Does he finally see the light, or is this merely pathetic grandstanding? I vote for the latter.

Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida
NewsMax Wires
Friday, June 18, 2004
Senator John Kerry issued the following statement today on the murder of Paul Johnson:

"My prayers and deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Paul Johnson.

"Americans are united against the terrorists who committed this abhorrent act against an American civilian in Saudi Arabia.
"It is essential that we have the full cooperation of the Saudi government in tracking down these terrorists and destroying al Qaeda. This must be our nation's highest priority."

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2806280 - 06/18/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'd like to see any examples you have of Kerry ever having a different position on Al Queda.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: silversoul7]
    #2806284 - 06/18/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

He's said he would treat terrorist acts as police actions.

It's not the job of the police to destroy anything.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806290 - 06/18/04 05:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fair enough.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806475 - 06/18/04 06:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

He's said he would treat terrorist acts as police actions.

When did he say this? And if he did, so what?

Did he not support the war in Afghanistan? Has he not called for a focus on fighting al qaeda and not "liberating Iraq"?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Kerry: We Must Destroy al Qaida [Re: Vvellum]
    #2806489 - 06/18/04 06:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Don't read much? Miss the news?

Yet, he had insisted during much of the primary that the fight against terrorists was primarily a police action rather than a military operation.

Pay more attention.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806517 - 06/18/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

He went on to say that the war on terror is "occasionally military," but that "it's primarily an intelligence and law-enforcement operation that requires cooperation around the world, the very thing this administration is worst at."

...and Kerry is correct. Domestic law enforcement and international intelligence are major forces in discovering and breaking up terror networks.

Again, I ask: so what? Do you disagree?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2806532 - 06/18/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yup. Massive military involvement is key. Take out the terrorists in as large a number as possible. Make the costs too much for them to bear, even if that involves using their tactics.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806536 - 06/18/04 06:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Yup. Massive military involvement is key. Take out the terrorists in as large a number as possible. Make the costs too much for them to bear, even if that involves using their tactics.

Uh, that may have worked against the Soviet Union, but we're not up against any one entity here. Those tactics don't work when what you're fighting is an ideology.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2806552 - 06/18/04 07:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I disagree. Wipe out the terrorists, they are the minority. Kill them horribly, painfully, terribly, and the less ardent supporters will find better ways to occupy their time.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806563 - 06/18/04 07:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I disagree. Wipe out the terrorists, they are the minority. Kill them horribly, painfully, terribly, and the less ardent supporters will find better ways to occupy their time.

Or they'll see those terrorists as martyrs and take up their cause in even greater numbers.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2806574 - 06/18/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Sooner or later they'll run out of terrorists. Use their tactics. Take them out and every member of their families as well.

I'm tired of the shit. They go out of their way to kill as many innocents, including their own people, as they can. Take them out.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2806582 - 06/18/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

and do you think that invading countries left and right is an efficient and effective strategy? Remember we're dealing with predominately underground and secretive networks of individuals - not standing armies with obvious locations and identities.

Keep in mind that it only takes one or two individuals to carry out a terrorist attack. Case in point: Oklahoma City. How can "massive military" solutions prevent a few individuals from attacking? Seems to me, the only way to root out these sole individuals is with domestic law enforcement and intelligence gathering.

In order to combat al qaeda using "massive military" (which, by the way, were designed to fight standing armies), the US would need to invade (most likely) Pakistan, Indonesia, Iran, Syria, Sudan, Lebanon, Egypt, among other nations were Islamist networks may or may not exist clandestinely. Wouldnt this cause more problems than it would solve?

Seems to me the only way to discover these cells and networks is through law enforcement and intelligence which would be fostered through international cooperation....just like Kerry said.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806587 - 06/18/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Sooner or later they'll run out of terrorists. Use their tactics. Take them out and every member of their families as well.

Using their tactics only makes them feel more justified in using even more brutal tactics against us, and thus the cycle continues.

Quote:

I'm tired of the shit. They go out of their way to kill as many innocents, including their own people, as they can. Take them out.

Their families are often innocent, and yet you advocate killing them.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2806597 - 06/18/04 07:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'll have to disagree. IMO acting nice only makes us look weak in their eyes.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806599 - 06/18/04 07:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I'll have to disagree. IMO acting nice only makes us look weak in their eyes.

And acting like them only makes them feel further justified in carrying out terrorist attacks against us.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2806602 - 06/18/04 07:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I understand that's your opinion. I think it's wrong.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806609 - 06/18/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think recent history has proven me right. Just look at the Berg beheading video. It was a response to the torture of those prisoners.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2806631 - 06/18/04 07:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Really? You were there or had secret contact?

Or are you merely willing to believe what scumbags say?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806642 - 06/18/04 07:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Or are you merely willing to believe what scumbags say?

I'm sorry. I'll try to believe what you say more often.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion