Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! *$25,545 = 100,000+ trees!* * 21
    #28061108 - 11/20/22 04:04 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Shroomerites the world over!

Here I'm sitting under a Shroomery blanket, mid november, trying to hold off heating my house for a bit longer. Times have been perilous lately for many, and for some more than others.
And, of course, for some much much more than others, we cannot even imagine.

Remember those 32,000 fruit trees we planted last year, for the good of the planet, mother nature, and many of those people facing much more dire times than most of us? Those trees will feed tens of thousands of people for generations to come.

Maybe we should do it again, in fact, yes! let's by all means do it again, put together some quarters we can spare and plant fruit trees for $0.25 each in..

:cheer: The Second Official Shroomery Donation Drive! :cheer:

We're talking Trees for the Future and their Forest Garden Program

We are people of the earth, and we can't have mushrooms without biodiverse forests and greener pastures.

The Forest Garden Program is a simple, replicable, and scalable approach with proven success. How? It starts with trees. Through their 4-year training program, called the Forest Garden Approach, farmers plant thousands of trees that protect and bring nutrients back to the soil. This helps farmers grow a variety of fruits and vegetables, increases their income and access to food (even in the first year!), all while improving the environment.

Many charities are all talk and no skittles, but Trees.org has been nominated by several orgs are one of the best charities for reforestation in 2022, since 2014 they have over 278 million trees planted and they are well on their way to have over 1 BILLION trees planted before 2030.

Leaf through their 2022 Impact Report to see the fantastic things they accomplish!

The gist:

Biodiverse Permaculture Agroforestry is the name of this gamechanger!

Nature benefits! People benefit! The position of women in their societies and the future of their children benefits, the good earth benefits from the right approach to the problems we all face. Check their extensive FAQ.

Sweet - how can we help?

Folks: For roughly every $0.25 donated, Trees.org can plant a tree, including a program of education and stewardship which yields considerably more than that tree alone!

We, the Shroomery, should be able to put a significant number of trees in the ground. This is why we go sitewide, all the Shroomerites of the world for Kenya, Mali, Senegal, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad and Gambia. Driving the Sahara desert back, driving climate change back, making the most of the future, not just over there where people have it hardest, but all over the world; a greener and better future for the earth and for mankind, and this towards the end of this fateful year.

Thousands of trees, binding the soil, fruits, cuttings, seeds!

Lets see how many we can plant before December 15!

Let's give it our best in those 3 weeks!

And if that isn't enough, the Shroomery is going to match donations up to $500, every donation of $50 receives a year's supporter account, and a donation of $100+ a $30 Swag.Haus discount!!

Please make your donations on our trees.org action page, if you wish to partake in the giveaways please take a screenshot of your donation receipts and PM them to Geokills or email them to mike@shroomery.org

Quite unexpectedly, a longterm Shroomery member who wishes to stay anonymous came forward with the incredibly generous offer to match donations up to $10,000 - and he put words into action by donating $2,500 on the spot, which kicks off this campaign with a giant leap forward!

How many more trees can we plant than the ones already standing?

Dear beloved Shroomery, let's help people take back the land, restoring loose sand into solid biodiversity, affecting change for decades and in fact generations and centuries to come.

Trees are planted, a lasting mark is made on the people and their environment, don't underestimate it.

25 cents is all it takes to put a tree in the ground with your name on it. What do we get for 25 cents? Not much these days GI :smirk:

Give back to Nature AND people AND make 2022 a better year!

Join us at
the Team Shroomery page @ Trees.org
to see the count, progress and add to it, one 25 cent tree at a time!

Our action page from last year is still active, so let us drop our contributions there and drive up further the sum of what we've raised! Every single cent helps when its $0.25 a tree, skip a Starbucks, plant 20 trees. Whether you give or not, can or can't, will or won't, we're a fantastic bunch of people and will take that awesomeness into the new year on the horizon.

What better way to end this post than to link you to Trees for the Future for a closer look AND hit you with their production quality mini documentary about their approach and how it works out.

Shroomerites, Let's Make This Grand!

We've got until December 15.

Edited by Asante (12/15/22 09:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #28061141 - 11/20/22 05:30 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Suppose you're plugging your pipe with a third of a $9 gram of weed, that's $3 right there, $3 towards 3 hours of wellbeing. Not bad huh?

Now imagine you plug your pipe with 2/3 of that, thus being decently high and having a dollar to spare, which you donate towards Trees to keep it green.

Lets say Trees. org consults their species list and plants 4 coconut trees for it.

Coconut trees produce a whole lot of coconuts!

Your 4 coconut trees will yield 200-600 coconuts per year. Coconuts, you can use the coco coir for all sorts of things, you can burn the shells as fuel for cooking, the juice is so nutritious you shouldnt drink too much of it, the flesh is not just yummy and sundried is storable as copra, but you can press coconut oil from it, a near ideal frying oil.

Coconuts are like potatoes, if you let them sit too long they sprout inevitably, because they got all they need in the nut, and then you have coconut seedlings, ready to plant!

Coconut trees can live 100 years but are maximally productive for 10-20.

all that for $1 !

one problem though, i didnt inhale :P so I just donated the $3 instead and let the farming family decide what to do with 600-1800 = 3 dozen wheelbarrows of coconuts every year :grin:

3 dollars?! it just got doubled by the Shrromery AND our mystery benefactor so its 12 dollars, 2400-7200 coconuts a year, my God who'll think of the children?! We do, and of the enviroment too, that's why we do it: a better world with or without us.

Make us proud friends!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 1
    #28061261 - 11/20/22 07:57 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I spent all my money on my new hobby of silver and stocks I aint got no money to give to charity

I put $15 on my creditcard, I'll come up with themoney somehow

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 2
    #28061288 - 11/20/22 08:10 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Gopher, whatever you need to do, and want to do, its all good :hug:

Many of us are having a financially tight year, its hard to take on an extra expense, which is why we're asking small change from those who can and will spare it, not the ambitious goal of 10,000 trees of last year

As you saw, a quarter translates to 50-150 coconuts a year so, every dime counts.

Do as you want and feel good about it, its all good.

Let those who can and want to, do.

EDIT:  First drops of the rain are coming in, bless you both :hug:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 1
    #28061304 - 11/20/22 08:24 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I told my friend about this and she thought it was epic, but then she didnt want to donate :lol:

I should plant some fruit trees in my backyard, I should have when i moved in 10 years ago, but maybe we will be here for another 10 years

I'm going to look into a couple this summer

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 3
    #28061316 - 11/20/22 08:40 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

There's two kinds of people: people who like it, whatever it is, and people who invest themselves in it, even if only a dime.
You're awesome, more awesome than you sometimes feel :hug:

Quote:

Trees for the Future said:

In their father Samuel’s Forest Garden, opportunity for Kelvin, Mary and Phylis grows on trees! 🌱
Thanks to your support, their access to food security, education, and a bright future have grown with every seedling.
Thank you for #PlantingChange for a sustainable and safe future – for Samuel's kids and so many more!
#WorldChildrensDay #PlantChange

just look at the robustness of the forest garden, hoe green the green and tall the trees! I don't think that's a MAGA cap but they are definitely making Kiambu, Kenya great again, and a wall of fruit trees makes that possible.

Everybody wins with this. Invest yourself in the green revolution!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblecooleko
Augmentum provocatus
 User Gallery
Loc: Seattle
    #28061385 - 11/20/22 09:38 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thanks! To clarify, the first 10k in donations gets matched twice?

Happy to contribute!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: cooleko] * 2
    #28061405 - 11/20/22 09:51 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You are quite welcome!

The first $500 gets quadruped

then, up to $10K, gets doubled

is my understanding!

Last year we did 32,000 trees (actually more) which are taken care of by 60 families, a typical fam,ily like this:

and those trees grow fast and end up feeding tens of thousands of people.

What usually happens, a farming family has success with a forest garden, they attract relatives to come help out, profit is good, they decide they want a second forest garden so they expand, and the ball rolls.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: 🌌
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 4
    #28061436 - 11/20/22 10:17 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

This year hasn't been easy on me, so I can't give much, but I can eat.

Some of these people can't.

I encourage anyone who can scrape a little something to do so. Let's try and make the world a better place for em'.

--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Offlinejay.achS
Traveler
Male User Gallery

Loc: USDA Zone 8
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 2
    #28061504 - 11/20/22 11:01 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Sweet!  I'm in for $52.10.  (Fifty bucks plus the processing fee)

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

LAGM v. 2.023
LAGM2021

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: jay.ach] * 1
    #28061509 - 11/20/22 11:07 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Hopefully we make it to at least the first $500 to get quadrupled I think thats 10k trees

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28061515 - 11/20/22 11:11 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

we already over 8k....

--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 1
    #28061537 - 11/20/22 11:21 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thats from last time, we need $500 from this time

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 1
    #28061562 - 11/20/22 11:34 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gopher said:

:confused2:

:cryariver:

:money: Than keep donating Shroomerites :money:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 4
    #28061590 - 11/20/22 11:56 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
we already over 8k....

Quote:

gopher said:

not just from last time.. we had our score of last time, and the amazingly generous Shroomerite who will match up to 10K already donates $2500, in unprecedented generosity that will have lasting consequences in a place where it matters most.

Rusty and Jay, you two too thanks a metric kiloton, and i say kiloton because last years trees will sequester a kiloton of CO2, turning it into fruits, nuts, all good things trees have to offer!

Quote:

Trees for the Future says:

Where we work

Trees for the Future (TREES) is currently working with thousands of farming families across nine countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Over our 30+ year history, we’ve worked around the globe. In 2014, we focused our work in select African countries, where the climatic and economic challenges were most pressing and we could make the greatest impact.

Decades of unsustainable agriculture practices have resulted in degraded and unproductive land; nutrient-scarce food systems; and farming families who are unable to grow and sell enough to meet their most basic needs. Using the Forest Garden Approach in semi-arid countries like Senegal, we’ve proven that agroforestry is a solution to each of these challenges, effectively ending hunger and poverty while restoring the land and environment.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #28061676 - 11/20/22 12:56 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

ooh several anonymous donations were made! :awecid:

One is not so anonymous, I told a christian friend about what we're doing, he asled me to toss in twenty dollars on his behalf.

soo.. done!

Quote:

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."  --  Genesis 1:29

its catchy!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: jay.ach] * 2
    #28061798 - 11/20/22 02:14 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jay.ach said:

Same!!! Just now

--------------------
Living Murphy's Law... One Moment at a Time...

~ScoutingEagle

***ADDENDUM:*** All submitted posts are in any event, works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated fictitious lies.

OfflineJaksavage
Mycodelic
 User Gallery

Loc: Left coast
    #28062104 - 11/20/22 05:23 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Done

--------------------
:bigbang:

:takingnotes:

The Shroomery is the biggest library with the coolest librarians

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle] * 3
    #28062120 - 11/20/22 05:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You guys are fantastic and a good number of you aren't longterm members yet full of Shroomery spirit :rainbowcloud:

So far, 9 Shroomerites donated a total of $270, which quadrupled comes out to $1080 so on the first day we broke the first thousand!

There is still $230 that can be donated and be quadrupled by the two doublings, so who will help us up the ante? Doesnt have to be much!

TREES is doing good!!
278.000.000 Trees Planted
71.000 Acres Restored
332.000 Lives Changed

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineNatedogg97
Patch reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #28062294 - 11/20/22 07:10 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Totally love the shit out of this *and there goes my last 5$* lol sorry I don't have Any more at the moment to donate drug court fees/fines have drained my bank account. I promise once I get more money I'll put in more

Edited by Natedogg97 (11/20/22 07:12 PM)

OfflineJW123
Nooby Nooby Noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Tn
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Natedogg97] * 1
    #28062324 - 11/20/22 07:38 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just gave a little too. Not much, but every little bit helps. I hope I did it right.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Natedogg97] * 1
    #28062435 - 11/20/22 09:23 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Natedogg97 said:
Totally love the shit out of this *and there goes my last 5$* lol sorry I don't have Any more at the moment to donate drug court fees/fines have drained my bank account. I promise once I get more money I'll put in more

Natedogg97, what is the plan with your own fundraiser that you tagged onto the Shroomery's?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineNatedogg97
Patch reaper
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante]
    #28062671 - 11/21/22 03:12 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Natedogg97 said:

Natedogg97, what is the plan with your own fundraiser that you tagged onto the Shroomery's?

Just to share to close family for any extra donations

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Natedogg97] * 3
    #28062747 - 11/21/22 05:39 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You joined the team and kicked off your fundraiser linked to ours without any word to us before or after, generally teams work more as a team.

I'm taken aback because in charitable activities in the past i've seen tons of bad faith activity, it has me alert.

I want to thank everyone for their generosity, and I will up the ante by dropping a 50 on 200 more fruit trees.

Just ate a juicy pear - some of the best things in life grow from trees :yesnod:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle] * 1
    #28062770 - 11/21/22 06:24 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ScoutingEagle said:
Quote:

jay.ach said:

Same!!! Just now

Just wondering when we will get the email for supporter membership

--------------------

~ScoutingEagle

***ADDENDUM:*** All submitted posts are in any event, works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated fictitious lies.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle] * 2
    #28062773 - 11/21/22 06:32 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

if you wish to partake in the giveaways please take a screenshot of your donation receipts and PM them to Geokills or email them to mike@shroomery.org

If you contacted Geokills, i'm sure he'll do so at his soonest convenience.

To ease that burden I'll set you both up with a supporter account access

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28063111 - 11/21/22 11:33 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

ScoutingEagle in rain! bow! colors! with the of sweet donation! :highfive:

America and Canada are waking up, lets see what it will bring.

4 trees for a buck and 3 for a loonie!

But theres so many more Americas than just these two.

Let's keep the campfire burning!

Just look how epic!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante]
    #28063156 - 11/21/22 11:53 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
ScoutingEagle in rain! bow! colors! with the of sweet donation! :highfive:

America and Canada are waking up, lets see what it will bring.

4 trees for a buck and 3 for a loonie!

But theres so many more Americas than just these two.

Let's keep the campfire burning!

Just look how epic!

I plan on giving more just gotta wait till Friday

--------------------

~ScoutingEagle

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Loc: The Multiverse
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle] * 5
    #28063773 - 11/21/22 06:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

If you have money for agar then you got money for trees!

I just tossed in USD $66.66

Edited by murderlabz (11/21/22 06:32 PM)

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 2
    #28063776 - 11/21/22 06:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

murderlabz said:
If you have money for Agar then you got money for tress!!

I just tossed in USD $66.66

:whathesaid:

Tress are cool :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 2
    #28063788 - 11/21/22 06:37 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
Tress are cool :lol:

I got a little excited there... haha

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28063854 - 11/21/22 07:23 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

@Asante: if I manage to scrape and donate the difference to reach 50USD before the end of the month, do I get that 1 yr supporter accnt?

--------------------

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 1
    #28063864 - 11/21/22 07:35 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
@Asante: if I manage to scrape and donate the difference to reach 50USD before the end of the month, do I get that 1 yr supporter accnt?

How much more do you need Rusty, $36?

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28063870 - 11/21/22 07:40 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I donated 20CAD, so 35.11USD to go. But I think I can manage next paycheck :blush:

How did you know it was 36? :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28063876 - 11/21/22 07:43 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
How did you know it was 36? :shrug:

I can't spell trees but I am good with math, haha DM me...

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 3
    #28064233 - 11/22/22 01:50 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

"best time to plant a tree was 40 years ago! second best time is today"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 3
    #28064254 - 11/22/22 03:05 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:

Definitely yes, with an A for Effort!

Thank you all for being so wonderful :sun:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 3
    #28064420 - 11/22/22 08:38 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

damn, asante just too good at emptying my pockets.
with his positive attitude and pictures of trees and shit.
just donated another fiddy.
Shakedown.

--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto

My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

Invisiblemilkboy
Child

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Haywire] * 3
    #28064443 - 11/22/22 08:56 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just donated, glad you guys are doing this again this year! :rockon:

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy
Milkboys Public Display of Affection

When the student is ready, the teacher appears

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: milkboy] * 3
    #28064489 - 11/22/22 09:35 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just made a donation, thanks for doing this again, Asante! :sun:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 4
    #28064649 - 11/22/22 11:59 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

if you wish to partake in the giveaways please take a screenshot of your donation receipts and PM them to Geokills or email them to mike@shroomery.org

If you contacted Geokills, i'm sure he'll do so at his soonest convenience.

Just a quick note that I am away from my desk for the week, visiting family up in Oregon for Thanksgiving, where there are a right lot of trees indeed!  I will begin processing the donation perks when I'm back in the saddle next week, on or after November 28th.

Thanks to all participants for both your generosity and your patience.  It's always heartwarming to see members of our community come together to help support others and the Earth we all rely on, even if that support is non-monetary!

Happy Thanksgiving! :heartpump:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 3
    #28064794 - 11/22/22 02:01 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

There is always that dawn after the dark

always that little start of something new

a new hope

a new way to carry on

new fortitude

a gratitude

thank you to everyone who

in any way

contributes to what we do here

we are creating in the small

a possibility for living

Geokills, Shroomerites,

Happy Thanksgiving!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28064799 - 11/22/22 02:07 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Back to work!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 3
    #28065147 - 11/22/22 06:46 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

On its 25th year, the Shroomery has its silver anniversary!

How better to celebrate than scoring silver at trees.org!

But we don't pack our bags and settle for second best, no, we're going for gold.

Let's do it, and let's do it grand!

An anonymous member dropped over 100 dollars just now :wooyeah:

Every bit counts, every cent, every satoshi, every seed.

Let's plant the seed!

here at the beginning of a new forest garden.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblehummingbird

#28065164 - 11/22/22 07:10 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I just pitched in a little for some trees. I'll probably chip in a little more before the 15th too.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #28065242 - 11/22/22 08:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I popped it in our news and updates section on the discord.

<3

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #28065307 - 11/22/22 10:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

We need to smoke team Tu B'Shvat Planters, they are in 1st @ US$9,471!

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 3
    #28065316 - 11/22/22 10:15 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Let me put my money where my mouth is...

Next user to  donate $25, I will match you so you can get your Shroomery year membership, as long as Asante is cool with it.

---------------------------

I setup a place holder!

US$36.66 was donated anonymously
Murderlabz - place holder for next $25 donator from the Shroomery!

Edited by murderlabz (11/22/22 10:36 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 1
    #28065371 - 11/22/22 11:03 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I'm cool with it :fingerpistol:

very generous of you!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 1
    #28065693 - 11/23/22 07:23 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

murderlabz said:

Next user to  donate $25, I will match you so you can get your Shroomery year membership.

I setup a place holder!

Nine hours and still open!

Last year I was told that a forest garden had an all-in cost of about $1K to train the farmer into sustainable agroforestry and get the whole place planted and going. From the day they start their training they start working the land and planting so that when the training completes, their own forest garden is waiting for them. At first told what to do, after the course thery know what to do and can teach others, which too is profitable.

Ultimately its in our best interest that all of us are doing well.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28065843 - 11/23/22 09:49 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Agroforestry explained as a superior business model for farmers:

you gotta remember, at the very beginning of agriculture was the delkiberate planting of fruit and nut trees, providing the highest nutritional yield for your expense of efforts exerted.

Humanity began as tree planters.

25 cents plants a tree!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

#28065935 - 11/23/22 11:25 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Anyone wanna start a reddit team and see if we can get reddit to beat shroomery

We can call it "reddit account to beat shroomery"

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher]
    #28066012 - 11/23/22 01:01 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Great plan! Overthrow! to too many trees!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28066037 - 11/23/22 01:23 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoscoeReturnsS
Crotchety chode man
Male

#28066171 - 11/23/22 03:10 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I got my first check from a new job today. I’ll pitch in for some trees.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 2
    #28066220 - 11/23/22 03:58 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Ónly if you can spare!

Whaa which Anonymous went supersaiyan, WAY OVER 9000 with a $104 donation?!
:supersaiyan:

Whoever did, and how anonymous they want to be is up to you, its mush mush appreciated and make sure to contact Geokills for the Swag.Haus discount and either he later, or I now, can hit you with a 1 year supporter account!

Out in the open or in PM, up to you!

Doing good is worthy of recognition, also because we are a good crowd of people, in whom good deeds of one inspire good deeds of others.

We were hesitant, in these wobbly times, to launch our second annual thanksgiving, but its already amazing, the solidarity is there.

Thanks for giving this Thanksgiving miracle of life giving oases of hope.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoscoeReturnsS
Crotchety chode man
Male

#28066231 - 11/23/22 04:11 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

That was me. I sent my info to geokills already.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 1
    #28066239 - 11/23/22 04:21 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Awesome donation, so mush appreciated! :rainbowcloud:

I'll send you the supporter account invite, then you have instant service and Geokills has a speck less workload when he returns.

Edit: sent, its in your inbox!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz]
    #28066301 - 11/23/22 05:11 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

murderlabz said:

Next user to  donate $25, I will match you so you can get your Shroomery year membership, as long as Asante is cool with it.

I setup a place holder!

No one is taking me up on the offer???

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28066328 - 11/23/22 05:28 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I mean if no one else will.... but it feel weird as I have already given a part of it.

Let me know if I'm eligible if donating the difference :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28066364 - 11/23/22 05:53 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thats up to Murderlabz, if he's OK with it, I'm ok with it!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28066398 - 11/23/22 06:16 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I did donate the balance to make 25USD just now (13.38 CAD on top of the 20CAD I had already donated). That's his call now but I'm ok if he'd rather try and get a fresh 25.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 5
    #28066476 - 11/23/22 07:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I'll tell you guys what: i'm going to be a shroom.

You took a leap of faith, and shrooms reward that, You redonated in full possibility it got you nowhere.

Special exception: your re-donating gets you re-warded with a years supporter account, and for another person, if Murderlabz is so willing, his offer extends that their donation tags onto ML's - also a leap of faith -so that the next $25 donation that ML approves, gets hooked up with a one year deluxe supporter account, higher value than the $25 because Murderlabs paved the way.

We cannot make it a free for all but both of you go out of your way in excellence here, and that means extra credit!

onward!

:loveheart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

#28066481 - 11/23/22 07:08 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

What's a deluxe account do?

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28066525 - 11/23/22 07:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

You took a leap of faith, and shrooms reward that, You redonated in full possibility it got you nowhere.

Special exception: your re-donating gets you re-warded with a years supporter account, and for another person, if Murderlabz is so willing, his offer extends that their donation tags onto ML's - also a leap of faith -so that the next $25 donation that ML approves, gets hooked up with a one year deluxe supporter account, higher value than the $25 because Murderlabs paved the way.

We cannot make it a free for all but both of you go out of your way in excellence here, and that means extra credit!

onward!

Wow first of all I'm very thankful. To both of you. Also, I humbled by how out of your way you guys are going to go to help others.

Long live the king, forever live the Shroomery!

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28066545 - 11/23/22 07:40 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gopher said:
What's a deluxe account do?

the exact same as the other supporter accounts, just with a slightly slimmer case.

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
Quote:

Asante said:

onward!

Wow first of all I'm very thankful. To both of you. Also, I humbled by how out of your way you guys are going to go to help others.

Long live the king, forever live the Shroomery!

Ythan's the king - Shroom right, Shroomerite! :awecid:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28066707 - 11/23/22 09:30 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Alright, you heard Asante, who is dropping that $25 donation??

"so that the next $25 donation that ML approves, gets hooked up with a one year deluxe supporter account, higher value than the $25 because Murderlabs paved the way"

--------------------------------

Look, I am a tinfoil hat wearing old hippy that doesn't trust any gov or corporation. There is a lot of non-prod's out there that are B.S. and a scam.

I did my homework and this is NOT ONE OF THEM. I fully believe in Trees for the Future (TREES)  and their work.

4 Star rating! https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/521644869

Edited by murderlabz (11/23/22 10:22 PM)

OfflineGrind365
AlwaysGrinding

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 2
    #28066841 - 11/24/22 12:17 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I'll donate $25.
Give me a few minutes gotta figure out wth I'm doing. 😂

Edit:
Here she goes.

$25 plus processing fee.

--------------------

Edited by Grind365 (11/24/22 12:28 AM)

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Grind365]
    #28066851 - 11/24/22 12:31 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Grind365 said:
I'll donate $25.

Here she goes.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
:dancer: We just Asante to roll through now.

OfflineGrind365
AlwaysGrinding

#28066852 - 11/24/22 12:32 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

murderlabz said:
Quote:

Grind365 said:
I'll donate $25.

Here she goes.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
:dancer: We just Asante to roll through now.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Grind365]
    #28066878 - 11/24/22 01:36 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I've set you up with a brand new Supporter Account! Thanks a LOT for donating and thanks a ton Murderlabz for setting up the side quest :grin:

Thanks Wali too :hug:

A new day, new hope!

All we are is dust in the wind, are the winds favorable for lasting change?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineGrind365
AlwaysGrinding

#28066889 - 11/24/22 01:53 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thank you Asante and murderlabz. This is dope glad I was able to be part of it.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Grind365] * 1
    #28066904 - 11/24/22 02:24 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You are very welcome! Your donations have made just about 100 fruit trees possible, and not just that, but the associated training of the family maintaining the forest garden and a corresponding part of the forest garden itself.

Most fruit trees generally amount to wheelbarrows full of fruits or nuts, you did that times a hundred. The trees ripen different times of year so there are different harvests, also of the veggies inbetween. Rather than a monocrop that often fails, there are multiple harvests throughout the year supplying food and cash flow.

Thats an awesome thing you did, in collaboration with Murderlabz, he doubled it up.

and our anonymous benefactor doubled that up agaiun.

So, between the three of you, 400 trees. A thousand wheelbarrows full of fruits and nuts.

That's epic.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28067096 - 11/24/22 07:42 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
thanks a ton Murderlabz for setting up the side quest :grin:

There is still $855 needed to hit 10k. We are leaving our x2 karma bonus points on the table, the quest goes on! :tardpig:

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28067139 - 11/24/22 08:26 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Why does murderlabz keeps throwing in money yet I don't see a colorful supporter name for him :sadyes:

--------------------

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28067222 - 11/24/22 09:27 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
Why does murderlabz keeps throwing in money yet I don't see a colorful supporter name for him :sadyes:

Thanks Rusty, I was just gonna wait for Geokills but Asante rolled through and blessed me! Thank Asante!!! :heart:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28067223 - 11/24/22 09:27 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

*sets murderlabz right up with the goods!*

we all have dreams..

Some like to take the #1 lead to stimulate the other teams
Some want to break 10K

It would be quit wild if we could plant 5 trees like 11111 :rainbowcloud:

We'll see how it goes.

We already build several, extra forest gardens!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28067246 - 11/24/22 09:40 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

#28067277 - 11/24/22 10:02 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

I just named my penis "THANKS" so I'm giving thanks all year long!!!!

:turkey::bananabang:

--------------------

~ScoutingEagle

Edited by ScoutingEagle (11/24/22 10:04 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle] * 2
    #28068262 - 11/25/22 05:11 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Don't forget our black friday offer:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

#28068370 - 11/25/22 07:38 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

As a person who kills trees for a living (even though our intention is for forest health and home-/fire-safety), this seems worthwhile enough to toss a few bucks to. Forest farming can be one of the healthiest forms of medium-to-large scale agricultural production.

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

#28068377 - 11/25/22 07:45 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Don't forget our black friday offer:

Bwahahahahaha

--------------------

~ScoutingEagle

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Tulipslave] * 1
    #28068389 - 11/25/22 07:57 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
As a person who kills trees for a living (even though our intention is for forest health and home-/fire-safety), this seems worthwhile enough to toss a few bucks to. Forest farming can be one of the healthiest forms of medium-to-large scale agricultural production.

Cutting them down and replacing them definitely is part of agroforestry, including trees grown durably for firewood.

thanks a metric shitton! --> supporter account outbound!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTulipslave

#28068411 - 11/25/22 08:21 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Tulipslave said:

Cutting them down and replacing them definitely is part of agroforestry, including trees grown durably for firewood.

thanks a metric shitton!

You bet!

Nature had a pretty good thing going before we came along. Here in Humboldt, one hundred+ years of poor to egregious industrial logging (clearcutting rainforest-ecosystems and altering the ground/slopes) and fire suppression has messed things up pretty bad. One of our main intentions is hitting the 'reset button' on the post-effects and attempt to allow the forests/Meadows a chance at reaching old-growth and pre-white-man conditions.

It's hard to imagine, having stood among and inside of 4' to 16' diameter trees, that the drive for money could be strong enough inside anyone to warrant cutting them down. Alas, so few of those titans, some at or over 1k years old, still are with us today.

TL;DR

trees are vital, bruh

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Tulipslave] * 1
    #28068416 - 11/25/22 08:23 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

The great thing about nature, its regenerative if you  let it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTulipslave

#28068424 - 11/25/22 08:28 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
The great thing about nature, its regenerative if you  let it.

Full-circle

Though that doesn't mean things will always be the same. We've lost species of all kinds that will never come back. Something will eventually fill their role, or their role will no longer be needed as everything else adapts without their presence. But something will always find a niche, up to the point life of all kinds can no longer inhabit this planet.

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Tulipslave] * 2
    #28068479 - 11/25/22 09:00 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

We are so close to taking lead on our Jewish friends!

1. Tu B'Shvat Planters $9,471
2. The Shroomery $9,197

Offlineellamush
Amanita #1 Fangirl
    #28069336 - 11/25/22 07:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

It's only $5 but I really want to thank everyone on this site for getting me back into walking. I needed a kickstart since being sick last year and this and it's done wonders.

(I also need to thank the scammer who scammed me out of $200 because I am a noob when I tried to buy mushrooms off a dealer lol- made me think, why don't I go find them myself)

Cheers Shroomerites

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ellamush] * 2
    #28069601 - 11/25/22 11:14 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Done! :rockon:

Every little bit helps y'all! :cheers:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #28069838 - 11/26/22 08:10 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thank you all very much for donating, we've pushed it up to $ 9222 now, $250 away from taking the first place among the teams, a Gold Shroomery.

By one or by many, we will get there. We're going to take the substrate and fruit!

Fruit is what its all about, the harvest bearing trees are thge backbone of the forest gardens, the ancient technique, revived.

Such a shame of those thousand year old trees..

Let's plant some more!

even the plastic grow bags get handled with care and reused till they can go no longer. Maximize the tree output of the optimized varieties.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28069962 - 11/26/22 10:44 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
Done! :rockon:

Tormato - A TC/Mod/OG leading by example!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :iloveyou:

Quote:

Asante said:
Thank you all very much for donating, we've pushed it up to $ 9222 now, $250 away from taking the first place among the teams, a Gold Shroomery.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28070001 - 11/26/22 11:04 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

We need a few more bananas and we're there.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28071478 - 11/27/22 12:30 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Today's a great day to up the ante a little but towards a sustainable future!

Because of the enormous quantities produced, some CO2 molecules you exhale will be sequestered by our forest gardens, and you will inhale some of the fresh O2

You may think the earth's too big, but air molecules zip around at 500 meters per second, as fast as bullets, 1122 miles per hour.

The earth is very small, we need each other to make it work.

Look at this sea of green!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28072120 - 11/27/22 07:29 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

RED ALERT:

coming tuesday, all gifts coming in will be doubled by a third party. If you plan on giving, tuesday is the best day ever.

Quote:

Double your impact this #GivingTuesday! 🌳🌳

Our friends at Established Titles are matching every single gift made this Tuesday up to $50k. That’s over 200k trees on the line!

See you on Tuesday!

#PlantChange

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#28072168 - 11/27/22 07:55 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

i just gave 20 minutes ago :baseballfuck:

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: split_by_nine]
    #28072192 - 11/27/22 08:09 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Oof someone dosnt like established titles

https://www.gripeo.com/established-titles/

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 1
    #28072260 - 11/27/22 08:58 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Yeah they got busted not spending their money on planting trees like advertised, basically scamming people. I think the whole bit about legally being able to call yourself lord or lady was all bullshit too.

Looks like they are contributing to charities that actually plant trees to make up for it then? Damage control. :haha:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #28072423 - 11/28/22 12:46 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

His Royal Knighted Lordship Sir Asante, Esq. Ltd. MD, PH. D. YMCA  says:

Apparently novelty titles all the rage :smile:

It seems that they commission tree planting charities so that they are on the books as having planted trees, that this takes care of their obligation to plant trees abnd gives them more to brag about.

but - they matched the money last year and will no doubt again, and trees isnt complaining, because to them the trees matter more, they have a billion trees to plant, people to educate etc.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #28072578 - 11/28/22 07:11 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

My dad put esquire on his checks when he had his mid-life crises.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 2
    #28072718 - 11/28/22 09:32 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Its cheaper than a red Ferrari, and also used as a courtesy title. I'm bragging everywhere that i'm 50yo so i guess i'm past my midlife crisis.

FRIENDS we got to make PLANS!

Tomorrow at Giving Tuesday, said third poarty will double up all donations.

I chatted with the other admins, the admins are going to play their big card tomorrow, our mystery benefactor plans on the same, and we are going to brinmg the fundraiser to an early climax, then a few days of fade and we quit.

So, the fundraise will be almost 2 weeks shorter than advertized

So we ask you to..

Drop everything and the kitchen sink that you want to give, tomorrow on Giving Tuesday

Lets not just take the Gold #1 rank but overshoot the 10K mark by a mile tomorrow.

We will not fail, it will be very interesting.

In fact, epic!

Be part of it, tomorrow.

Maybe ask your significant other, friend ir coworker to chip in and drop it tomorrow, where it doubles.

We came as adventurers, let's go as Heroes!

Let's go for gold tomorrow!

not because of ego, nay - for them, for those who have next to nothing but gloomy perspectives, over there, where poverty is most heinous.

Lets be the Giving Tuesday Heroes of the Shroomery, at our 25th anniversary.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #28072734 - 11/28/22 09:47 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
My dad put esquire on his checks when he had his mid-life crises.

Am I allowed to do that?

Do I just do

Gopher, esquire?

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #28072750 - 11/28/22 10:01 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

IDK, he was a lawyer.

esquire is a title appended to a lawyer's surname.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher]
    #28072751 - 11/28/22 10:01 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Canada might be different, due to its intimate link with Britain.

Esquire used to be a title inbetween Gentleman and Knight.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28072788 - 11/28/22 10:46 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Canada might be different, due to its intimate link with Britain.

Esquire used to be a title inbetween Gentleman and Knight.

Yeah, in feudal age :lol:

We up north but evolved at the same time with everyone else :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 3
    #28074080 - 11/29/22 06:48 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

load em up for
GIVING TUESDAY

Today only, Established Titles is matching all gifts up to $50,000!

When you donate this #GivingTuesday, you’re not just planting double the trees.

You’re planting access to healthy, nutritious foods. 

You’re planting steady, reliable incomes. 

You’re planting access to medical care, education, and more resilient communities.

You're planting double the change.

Join us at
to see the count, let's go all out today!

Edited by Asante (11/29/22 07:11 AM)

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28074121 - 11/29/22 07:37 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just got mine in for double Tuesday!!!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28074139 - 11/29/22 08:12 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thanks so much Gopher and Murderlabz, let's start this baby up :supersaiyan:

After black friday and cyber monday, who can spare some change for paying it forward on giving tuesday?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineGrind365
AlwaysGrinding

#28074318 - 11/29/22 10:50 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I couldn't afford to give as much this time but I put in another 15 and made sure to cover processing fee. Hope this helps some. :heart:

Edit: post 420 very cool.

--------------------

Edited by Grind365 (11/29/22 10:51 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Grind365] * 4
    #28074367 - 11/29/22 11:20 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Grind365 said:
I couldn't afford to give as much this time but I put in another 15 and made sure to cover processing fee. Hope this helps some. :heart:

Edit: post 420 very cool.

Your 15 to 30 to 120 fruit trees.

Imagine having an orchard by hour house with 120 tangerine trees..

blammo: this will yield at least 36,000 tangerines, every year, for decades, and with a bit more care 50,000. In an area with food security issues.

you make an enormous difference! As long as you live people will eat the fruits from your trees and replant the seeds and cuttings! Thank you!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28074376 - 11/29/22 11:24 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

we're only $ 132 away from reaching the #1 position of the teams! Lets take this!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28074569 - 11/29/22 01:44 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
we're only $ 132 away from reaching the #1 position of the teams! Lets take this!

That's just 4 donations of $33, or 6 donations of $22!

https://donate.trees.org/team/393184

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz] * 4
    #28074638 - 11/29/22 02:38 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

The Shroomery's $500 matching pledge for 2022 has been submitted :mushroom2:.
Many thanks and much gratitude to everyone helping us influence some positive change. :rockon:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 3
    #28074646 - 11/29/22 02:42 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I just got a small PM..

it just said "We're #1"

Geokills: Higher and Higher!

Our anonymous member, who said he would also match donations up to 10K, just donated a full $10,000.

:shockandawe:

A true Thanksgiving miracle!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#28074656 - 11/29/22 02:46 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Extremely impressive generosity from our major anonymous donor.  Thank you! :yesnod: :heartpump: :sunny:

I raised the team's overall goal from our original $5,000 to $20,000.  That leaves only $160 to go.  Remarkable that we have been able to raise $19,840 so far, with the bulk of it coming directly from our community members.

Well done Shroomerites! :mushroom2:

:manofapproval:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 2
    #28074668 - 11/29/22 03:03 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Shroomery, you are the best bunch of people!  :supersaiyan:

Dispelling a rumor: no the Anonymous benefactor is not a staffer, it is a well known member, not a mod or admin, this is pure generosity from the membership.

We are so moved :heart:

Thank you all so very very much!

It's a magical day today, drop a dime in this lucky wishing well if you want to give it extra ho ho ho ahead of season :christmas:

What is donated today gets doubled, even the big sums but especially the small ones, one tree becomes two.

we made a giant leap to around 20,000 but our impact will be OVER 30,000 !!!

Tell a friend, and light a joint on a fan tastic fundraiser in a problermatic year. Bless you all, over and over!

Shroomery - Community.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 2
    #28074670 - 11/29/22 03:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

How do I get to the page that shows all the teams ranks

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28074678 - 11/29/22 03:13 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

its on the side of the team page, but there must be an overviewe page, let's look

HERE IT IS

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineGrind365
AlwaysGrinding

#28074739 - 11/29/22 03:54 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Wow that's dope AF.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Grind365] * 2
    #28074766 - 11/29/22 04:16 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Threw 25 more down.

Kudos to the person who donated 10K, very generous person.

Congrats Asante and everyone who organized or threw down. Getting #1 is impressive to say the least!

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

#28074769 - 11/29/22 04:19 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

load em up for
GIVING TUESDAY

You’re planting access to medical care, education, and more resilient communities.

Join us at

Does that mean that the $10,000 donated today gets doubled from the above offer?

--------------------

~ScoutingEagle

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: PatrickKn] * 2
    #28074773 - 11/29/22 04:24 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thanks a ton! *hands you your good karma* :grin:

We're all blown away by our staggering benefactor, who also kicked off with 2.5K.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and your generosity PatrickKn, your 25 becomes 50 is 200 trees which is either 100,000 tangerines or 20,000 coconuts each year, depending on how you look at it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle]
    #28074777 - 11/29/22 04:27 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ScoutingEagle said:
Quote:

Asante said:

load em up for
GIVING TUESDAY

Join us at

Does that mean that the $10,000 donated today gets doubled from the above offer?

IT DOES :shockandawe:

That 10,000 will match to 20,000, which as you know is like 80,000 trees

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28074932 - 11/29/22 05:56 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Shroomery, you are the best bunch of people!  :supersaiyan:

Dispelling a rumor: no the Anonymous benefactor is not a staffer, it is a well known member, not a mod or admin, this is pure generosity from the membership.

We are so moved :heart:

Thank you all so very very much!

It's a magical day today, drop a dime in this lucky wishing well if you want to give it extra ho ho ho ahead of season :christmas:

What is donated today gets doubled, even the big sums but especially the small ones, one tree becomes two.

we made a giant leap to around 20,000 but our impact will be OVER 30,000 !!!

Tell a friend, and light a joint on a fan tastic fundraiser in a problermatic year. Bless you all, over and over!

Shroomery - Community.

Whoever you are, you have to know this - Most (not all, but most) wealthy people I know are somewhat greedy, they worked hard for what they have and I respect that.

Thank you for being one of the generous ones. I mean that. Thank you! :inlove3:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28074978 - 11/29/22 06:23 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

If you look at all those billionaires, their "charity" is just a guise of getting out of paying taxes and buying power so full of selfinterest and not truly charitable.

What we do here, all of us, with our $1,25 and our $12,500 is something entirely different. Selfless, genuine giving, by a community with needs of their own and yet, we give, we do good!

Needless to say theres tons of communities who arent doing this, who dont feel the connection to nature and people, like our mycelial network does.

We give a damn, and daaamn, we give!

I can tell you the admins are moved by such generosity in the community, the Shroomery not just for here but for far away too!

Rwmember those Shroomery village water wells?

thats just a year and a half ago. Covid years.

Y'all are awesome. realize that.

We can do more for each other, as a community, toiwardss our loved ones and even on the other side of the planet.

Good people align good intentions with good actions.

Thats us.

Thank you, friends :sun:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleReverendMyc

#28074998 - 11/29/22 06:39 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just added my bit. Real close to the $20k now.

Edit: woops, kinda said more than I should have.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Edited by ReverendMyc (11/29/22 06:45 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ReverendMyc] * 2
    #28075087 - 11/29/22 07:27 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thank you very very much for your generosity :hug:

we got a problem...

the neat freak in me made this a perfectly round number.

Nature abhors perfection so please mess up this number while I sleep!

Goodnight everybody!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28075092 - 11/29/22 07:29 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I could use a neat freak. There is always some cleaning up to do in my house :lol:

--------------------

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

#28075122 - 11/29/22 07:42 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Someone donate 6.66

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28075127 - 11/29/22 07:45 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

We also really need someone to donate 9.20

I would but I'm dead broke this month.

--------------------

Invisiblemurderlabz
RIP Stoneman

#28075327 - 11/29/22 10:54 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I bet Established Titles was thinking they were getting off easy matching up to 50k. I would of love to see their faces when they got the memo we hit 20k! Rents due lord bitches!

OfflineGene Hackman
Mastermind
 User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: murderlabz]
    #28076322 - 11/30/22 03:03 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Great effort everyone, amazing contributions!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Gene Hackman] * 3
    #28076754 - 11/30/22 06:22 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

what more can I say? :loveheart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

#28076806 - 11/30/22 06:50 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Fucking AMAZING!!!!!

--------------------

~ScoutingEagle

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle]
    #28077697 - 12/01/22 09:34 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

When it was 8k I was think of starting a competition to beat it on reddit, I dont think reddit would beat 30k

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28077853 - 12/01/22 11:17 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Reddit is a big enough site but, -would- they try or just troll it away?  I think the latter.

Most people find all the excuses not to do one thing towards charity.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

#28077856 - 12/01/22 11:20 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Millionaire makers is an awesome sub reddit, last Friday of everymonth we pick one person and a million people donate one dollar to him or her

Better chances then the lotto

It'd be fun to set something up in here but looking at the ban lotto wed only get like 30 dollars

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 3
    #28078275 - 12/01/22 02:52 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

If you could arrange it that they'd upstage us, all the more benefit for the charity.

Please give it your best shot, imagine we'd get a rivalry thing going where we in thre spirit of good sportsmanship do give-a-thons about who gets to be number two.

dooo eeeet!

Its fine if they find out how awesome we have been, and if they want to outdo, go for gold!

It would be great, because its such a beneficial charity.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleGenericHero
crap dangit this sucks!

#28083438 - 12/04/22 03:35 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

$10.42
Take that Africa! :oldman:

--------------------
halfass mycology

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: GenericHero] * 2
    #28084503 - 12/05/22 09:37 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GenericHero said:
$10.42
Take that Africa! :oldman:

you rock!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinexVandalx
Improving...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Near Toronto, Canada Flag
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: deff] * 4
    #28084717 - 12/05/22 01:15 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Greetings from Canada, happy to kick some in for the trees!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: xVandalx] * 2
    #28085994 - 12/06/22 12:54 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thank you so very much!

Guys.. posting went down in the thread, but still, every day there are donations.

Let's play a game:

we can post or not, but this is what we do for now: we all are highly in favor of this charity that helps the people, the environment, reforestation etc in so many ways..

we also know that 25 cents buys a fruit tree such as this:

A banana tree yields 200 bananas per year, so $5 pays for 20 trees which is 4000 bananas per year which is about 12 bananas a day.

This is a larger family that take care of a forest garden and the forest garden takes care of them. Yes, a family of 12, the little ones help in the garden too. So, if you donate $5 a family of 12 will each get a banana a day, a quick lunch, and if they propagate the trees, the number expands,

Don't forget that peeled and sliced bananas can be dried in the African sun, like mushrooms, so people can process the crop and store it so that they have year round access to the nutrition and calories of it. Bananas are good eating!

The game is this:

If 3 days go by without a donation of $5 or over, we will unsticky the fundraiser and you can find it in Website Announcements & Feedback, because our action page at Trees is open year round. YOU decide whether you want to keep this train riding, maybe even into Christmas or 2023. post the most fun posts, but your votes are in how much of a dime you give :smile2: This way, if the community wants it we shall put this fantastic fundraiser, now at almost $31,000 to rest. YOU decide thge relevance. Please, give from the heart, if it doesn't feel good don't give, donations should be wrapped in l:heart:ve, not OCD, the spirit in which something is given magnifies in the giver and the rceiver so let the giving feel good :hug:

You don't have to buy into the notion of global warming, but you do reduce your CO2 footprint with every tree you plant, you terraform and reforest the planet, you help wonderful people with failing chemical monocrops achieve successful biodiverse organic bumper harvests year round and reduce the refugee crisis and help the poorest parts of the developing world develop themselves in a dignified virtuous way. How many trees did you plant this year?

Of course you can give sums of any size, and add your two cents on the donation page.

Join us at

Now lets throw a fantastic party in this thread, link us to awesome music, post your grows and finds, also your own vegetable garden posts, and occasionally quote this post to remind people what we do it for.

WE DONATED OVER 100,000 TREES this year.

Ten million coconuts a year, twenty million bananas, forty million tangerines!

And! It! Will! Propagate! Through! The! Decades!

https://files.shroomery.org/files/22-46/894588173-coconut_seedlings.jpg

:awecid:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

#28086006 - 12/06/22 01:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I dont know if I'll donate to trees unless we do another round next year, I'm looking for a canadian program for my next donation, I'd like to give back to canada for a bit

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 2
    #28086045 - 12/06/22 01:27 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gopher said:
I dont know if I'll donate to trees unless we do another round next year, I'm looking for a canadian program for my next donation, I'd like to give back to canada for a bit

gopher you fantastic human being you did more than enough in all he fubndraisers all the way down to the beginning of the water wells, feel no obligation, we feel obliged to you.

Its enough :hug:

guys! lets take a mushroom trip to fractal forest!

let us drive the desert back, so that the deep forest returns, and the water returns, for the next generations to come

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleBeano
Tree turds

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 5
    #28086831 - 12/06/22 11:48 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Pitched in 69 loonies because it felt right
:thumbup:

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Beano] * 1
    #28086962 - 12/07/22 05:37 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Beano said:
Pitched in 69 loonies because it felt right
:thumbup:

Thats about what it would cost you to fill out a loonie collecting book, $35 worth of loonies since 1987 and $34 for the lighthouse vista book

--------------------

InvisibleGenericHero
crap dangit this sucks!

#28089592 - 12/08/22 11:17 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I feel pretty shitty about the world generally. This thread makes me feel a bit better.:thumbup: Keep it up you degenerate drug users.:smile:

--------------------
halfass mycology

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: GenericHero] * 2
    #28089965 - 12/09/22 08:01 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GenericHero said:
I feel pretty shitty about the world generally. This thread makes me feel a bit better.:thumbup: Keep it up you degenerate drug users.:smile:

Even addicts among us share some of their fix.

People who don't like people like that people are put to work to rebuild nature.

Even a white nationalist could find reason to give so the others dont come here as refugees.

this project has appeal to the left, the right, down the middle and apolitically.

it transcends, it does so much good for so many people.

people look down their noses to us, but we are scraping dimes and making big donations on our economic levels that billionaires dont even do without a personal leverage incentive. We are the :heart: of the people. Shrooma are the new growing on the old, the wheat emerging from the chaff.

Please guys, drop a log on the fire :hug:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 5
    #28090815 - 12/09/22 07:09 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

So it looks like this is almost over as it's not a sticky anymore I assume there hasn't been any donations in a little while.

That said, this won't be over until I said this:

ASANTE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT. THANK YOU FOR CARING, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE (AT LEAST BE A PART OF THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE) AND THANK YOU FOR HAVING HANDLE THE THREAD THE WAY YOU DID, WITH ALL THAT PASSION.

--------------------

Edited by Rusty2096 (12/10/22 03:32 PM)

Offlinewhatisanerd
<*_*>
I'm a teapot

Loc: Midwestican
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 5
    #28092226 - 12/10/22 05:39 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just found this thread for the 1st time (slow learner) and had no choice but to throw $50 plus processing fees toward the cause. vive les arbres!

--------------------
(♥_♥) LAGM 2023

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: whatisanerd] * 1
    #28092294 - 12/10/22 06:10 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

whatisanerd said:
Just found this thread for the 1st time (slow learner) and had no choice but to throw $50 plus processing fees toward the cause. vive les arbres!

thank you so much for doing the right thing! :supersaiyan:

its a big donation here but a 200 banana tree plantation over there, and thats before propagation.  your $50+ generates 120 bananas a day = 12,000 kcal including 120gr protein

its wonderful that you enter at this stage and still go for full participation, one supporter account coming your way!

and this as such a new member, with grow interests!'
Ace!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinewhatisanerd
<*_*>
I'm a teapot

Loc: Midwestican
    #28092435 - 12/10/22 07:50 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thank you so much for doing the right thing!

Despite my noob status, I truly appreciate The Shroomery as well as making the world a better place in general. I guess it's one in the same! Thank you for your support--that means a lot to me. :mushroom2:

--------------------
(♥_♥) LAGM 2023

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: whatisanerd] * 4
    #28092923 - 12/11/22 05:54 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Any n00b who contributes positively to any community should get the warm welcome they deserve, we were all n00bs once< our founder Ythan was the biggest n00b of all because he was too young to be on his own site :underageban:

thats now 25 years ago, a silver jubilee of a solid gold community, and you are very welcome in it.

I only use the word n00b affectionately, as a bit of a friendly tease. my personal belief is that all are one and you are that, so why spread anything but love?

we're good people, buncha druggies paying part of their personal fix forward towards lasting change in this world for the better, for people who average bringing in $2 per day - and thats no exaggeration. $50 is a months pay there.

Many of us consider spirituality woowoo, but most of us submit to that mushroom, that cactus, microdot or jungle concoction that takes us to places greater that our ego can imagine, deep in ourselves.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleMilonaire Mycology
Growr (not a Showr)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Worried About iT?
    #28093974 - 12/11/22 09:36 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Any n00b who contributes positively to any community should get the warm welcome they deserve, we were all n00bs once< our founder Ythan was the biggest n00b of all because he was too young to be on his own site :underageban:

thats now 25 years ago, a silver jubilee of a solid gold community, and you are very welcome in it.

I only use the word n00b affectionately, as a bit of a friendly tease. my personal belief is that all are one and you are that, so why spread anything but love?

Thats fucking beautiful
we're good people, buncha druggies paying part of their personal fix forward towards lasting change in this world for the better, for people who average bringing in $2 per day - and thats no exaggeration. $50 is a months pay there.

Many of us consider spirituality woowoo, but most of us submit to that mushroom, that cactus, microdot or jungle concoction that takes us to places greater that our ego can imagine, deep in ourselves.

bro that's deep

--------------------

Edited by Milonaire Mycology (12/11/22 09:38 PM)

OfflineVibetyme
Smoke 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Milonaire Mycology] * 4
    #28095023 - 12/12/22 07:22 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I just donated $50.

Thanks for making this possible and championing the cause Asante!

--------------------
Vibetyme's LAGM 2.022

Vibetyme's LAGM_23

Vibetyme's LAGM_24

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Vibetyme] * 3
    #28095852 - 12/13/22 12:06 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vibetyme said:
championing the cause

:tardpig:

Thank you so much for the 200 trees you donated!

200 trees! if they were jackfruit trees we're talking 200-500 fruits per tree at least as big as this one:

Milo, know what's deep?

deep are the roots of the jackfruit tree, easily 100ft, its own solar powered water well.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleMilonaire Mycology
Growr (not a Showr)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Worried About iT?
    #28096048 - 12/13/22 02:46 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Vibetyme said:
championing the cause

:tardpig:

Thank you so much for the 200 trees you donated!

200 trees! if they were jackfruit trees we're talking 200-500 fruits per tree at least as big as this one:

Milo, know what's deep?

deep are the roots of the jackfruit tree, easily 100ft, its own solar powered water well.

Charged Amount
$50.00
Donation Date
12/13/2022
Donation Number
Fundraising Team
The Shroomery
Designation
General Funds Project

:

--------------------

Offlineanimal.cracker
Goblin
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Milonaire Mycology] * 2
    #28098830 - 12/15/22 01:58 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Almost forgot today is the last day to donate... Just chipped in.

This is fuckin dope y'all, thanks for putting the fundraiser together. :heart:

--------------------
I need not find purpose, but will it. I do so on a foundation of impossible love.

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: animal.cracker]
    #28098844 - 12/15/22 02:03 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Why is today the last day? Are they closing the shroomery team page?

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 4
    #28098970 - 12/15/22 03:23 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

The Trees.org team page at https://donate.trees.org/Shroomery will remain open and we may revisit the fundraise in the future, but this was the last day intended to match donations (even though the match target was hit long ago).  Thank you guys for being so awesome in supporting this very good cause.  Thanks animal.cracker for stopping by with your donation today too!

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 6
    #28099607 - 12/15/22 08:51 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

SHROOMERITES WE HAVE SUCCEEDED!!

The admin team, we had our doubts this year.
The world is in trouble and much of it is economic.
Charities worldwide have strong declines.
We are the Shroomery, most of us have trees to smoke.

A tree for a quarter, four trees to a dollar.
Four fruit trees is pretty much 500-1000 fruits a year.
We decided to give the Shroomery s chance, not decide for you.
Every cent is a fruit basket a year.

There have been shockingly generous donations,
most especially from one member and his family,
and to their great honor even anonymously.
right from the start.

We are planters. planters of mushrooms and of trees.
We are the worlds biggest mushroom tribe.
we are the top treeplanting team three times over.
Let that sink in.

$25,540 in 2022

$5555 in 2021

$31,100 TOTAL

as the crow flies:

125,000 fruit trees.
12.5 million coconuts a year
25 million bananas a year
50 million citrus fruits a year

we partially feed a million people

how do you like them apples?

Shroomery.org partially feeds a million people

we planted 125,000 trees sequestering 6 kilotons of CO2

:nuke: SIX KILOTONS :nuke:

in the meme time..

I salute Established Titles for doubling up our Giving Tuesday donations. Class, Your Lordships!

But that one anonymous Shroomerite and his family.

Words cannot express my and our gratitude.

Our gratitude cannot express what you did for so many people in Africa and the environment, for generations to come. Diseased infants lives will be saved with a paste of peanut and banana grown in your forest gardens. Your family and you will end up saving more lives than Oskar Schindler did.

Shroomery, i am so very proud of all of you, those who participated actively, but also every single troll on this site who took a step back to let this freedom train pass through.

This was our comunity keeping it right as she goes.

WE PARTIALLY FEED A MILLION PEOPLE

Put that in your christmas stocking this holiday season!

Likr Geokills said, you can always donate through our action page, year round. What i do, i autodonate $7.25 every month through our page. Why that goofy number? it means i plant one fruit tree every day of my life. If i may suggest, automatically donate $1 monthly through our action page, that sounds like its nothing but its still just about a tree per week and 50 trees in of itself are a little family orchard. the link Trees in my signature links right to our action page

enough talk of that!

thank you all for participating, may God savagely bless you, we love you!

25 years Shroomery, $25K donated

I love the glory years of old but this here is one of our finest hours.:loveheart:

Join us at

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

#28099898 - 12/16/22 05:10 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

these sum'bitches better plant those 125.000 trees or Asante will find them!

--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto

My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

OfflinexVandalx
Improving...
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Haywire] * 3
    #28102082 - 12/17/22 01:11 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

That's a lot of coconuts!

I call dibs on the coir...:eek:

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: xVandalx] * 2
    #28102089 - 12/17/22 01:14 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Hi "near toronto canada" I'm in toronto today

--------------------

OfflinexVandalx
Improving...
Male User Gallery

#28103708 - 12/18/22 02:28 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Cool... literally... hope you enjoyed your visit! I drive in most weekdays.

OfflineNatedogg97
Patch reaper
Male User Gallery

#28168515 - 02/02/23 03:47 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
You joined the team and kicked off your fundraiser linked to ours without any word to us before or after, generally teams work more as a team.

I'm taken aback because in charitable activities in the past i've seen tons of bad faith activity, it has me alert.
Quote:

I understand your concerns and they're definitely very valid i made sure to respect them and avoid using it at all even though i didnt even mean to make a new fundraiser and ot was an accident (thought i was making an account so I could be able to donate on different dates and have my info saved)Im very sorry if it seemed like I would do something with bad faith. But that's definitely not who I am I think the world just needs more kindness love and compassion then greed hate and capitalism. Honestly I was trying to figure out how to donate and I thought I was just making an account for the site not a new fundraiser yeah I'm a dumbass and didn't realize I was making a fundraiser I was also on ketamine at the time which probably is why it got passed me without realizing until I saw you say something on here about it and i realized i did something dumb and didn't even notice at all. Then i got all embarrassed and avoided replying until now . Sorry I didn't reply till now I just felt like a completely useless idiot that didn't want to explain how it wasn't even intentional because it will make me look like a complete dumbass especially being your thread I've always respected your contributions to shroomery from afar then made myself look like a lahewser

Offlinejohnukguy
Learning
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #28168525 - 02/02/23 04:22 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

This is wonderful. Donation incoming.

--------------------
“Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is”

OfflinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Natedogg97]
    #28168613 - 02/02/23 06:46 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Natedogg97 said:
Quote:

Asante said:

I understand your concerns and they're definitely very valid i made sure to respect them and avoid using it at all even though i didnt even mean to make a new fundraiser and ot was an accident (thought i was making an account so I could be able to donate on different dates and have my info saved)Im very sorry if it seemed like I would do something with bad faith. But that's definitely not who I am I think the world just needs more kindness love and compassion then greed hate and capitalism. Honestly I was trying to figure out how to donate and I thought I was just making an account for the site not a new fundraiser yeah I'm a dumbass and didn't realize I was making a fundraiser I was also on ketamine at the time which probably is why it got passed me without realizing until I saw you say something on here about it and i realized i did something dumb and didn't even notice at all. Then i got all embarrassed and avoided replying until now . Sorry I didn't reply till now I just felt like a completely useless idiot that didn't want to explain how it wasn't even intentional because it will make me look like a complete dumbass especially being your thread I've always respected your contributions to shroomery from afar then made myself look like a lahewser

I dont think its that big of a deal, shit happens, you dont need to feel too bad, from the sound of your post, you sound really down about it

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 7
    #28294791 - 04/25/23 01:18 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

Wanted to drop a quick post of gratitude here, as I noticed that just four days ago, an anonymous donor contributed $3,000 to our team page at Trees.org! :whoa:

Thank you! :heartpump::rockon:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: geokills] * 6
    #28294918 - 04/25/23 03:02 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

Not only that! I notice it was given during an Earth Day event, where all contributions up to $50,000 were matched by Displate. So it wasn't just a very generous donation from our awesome community, it had twice the impact as well! :heart:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Ythan] * 2
    #28295967 - 04/26/23 09:15 AM (11 months, 14 days ago)

Words cannot express gratitude for such a generous life-saving donation, matched on earth day in the middle of the year

I invoke blessings upon the generous giver, thank you for making the Shroomery that more awesome thank you for making the WORLD more awesome with several forest gardens and millions of fruits a year in one extended donation.

Amazing.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #28296497 - 04/26/23 05:21 PM (11 months, 14 days ago)

:heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale