Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! *$25,545 = 100,000+ trees!* * 21
    #28061108 - 11/20/22 04:04 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Shroomerites the world over!

Here I'm sitting under a Shroomery blanket, mid november, trying to hold off heating my house for a bit longer. Times have been perilous lately for many, and for some more than others.
And, of course, for some much much more than others, we cannot even imagine.

Remember those 32,000 fruit trees we planted last year, for the good of the planet, mother nature, and many of those people facing much more dire times than most of us? Those trees will feed tens of thousands of people for generations to come.

Maybe we should do it again, in fact, yes! let's by all means do it again, put together some quarters we can spare and plant fruit trees for $0.25 each in..

:cheer: The Second Official Shroomery Donation Drive! :cheer:

We're talking Trees for the Future and their Forest Garden Program

We are people of the earth, and we can't have mushrooms without biodiverse forests and greener pastures.

The Forest Garden Program is a simple, replicable, and scalable approach with proven success. How? It starts with trees. Through their 4-year training program, called the Forest Garden Approach, farmers plant thousands of trees that protect and bring nutrients back to the soil. This helps farmers grow a variety of fruits and vegetables, increases their income and access to food (even in the first year!), all while improving the environment.

Many charities are all talk and no skittles, but Trees.org has been nominated by several orgs are one of the best charities for reforestation in 2022, since 2014 they have over 278 million trees planted and they are well on their way to have over 1 BILLION trees planted before 2030.

Leaf through their 2022 Impact Report to see the fantastic things they accomplish!

The gist:

Biodiverse Permaculture Agroforestry is the name of this gamechanger!

Nature benefits! People benefit! The position of women in their societies and the future of their children benefits, the good earth benefits from the right approach to the problems we all face. Check their extensive FAQ.

Sweet - how can we help?

Folks: For roughly every $0.25 donated, Trees.org can plant a tree, including a program of education and stewardship which yields considerably more than that tree alone!

We, the Shroomery, should be able to put a significant number of trees in the ground. This is why we go sitewide, all the Shroomerites of the world for Kenya, Mali, Senegal, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad and Gambia. Driving the Sahara desert back, driving climate change back, making the most of the future, not just over there where people have it hardest, but all over the world; a greener and better future for the earth and for mankind, and this towards the end of this fateful year.

Thousands of trees, binding the soil, fruits, cuttings, seeds!

Lets see how many we can plant before December 15!

Let's give it our best in those 3 weeks!

And if that isn't enough, the Shroomery is going to match donations up to $500, every donation of $50 receives a year's supporter account, and a donation of $100+ a $30 Swag.Haus discount!!

Please make your donations on our trees.org action page, if you wish to partake in the giveaways please take a screenshot of your donation receipts and PM them to Geokills or email them to mike@shroomery.org

Quite unexpectedly, a longterm Shroomery member who wishes to stay anonymous came forward with the incredibly generous offer to match donations up to $10,000 - and he put words into action by donating $2,500 on the spot, which kicks off this campaign with a giant leap forward!

How many more trees can we plant than the ones already standing?

Dear beloved Shroomery, let's help people take back the land, restoring loose sand into solid biodiversity, affecting change for decades and in fact generations and centuries to come.

Trees are planted, a lasting mark is made on the people and their environment, don't underestimate it.

25 cents is all it takes to put a tree in the ground with your name on it. What do we get for 25 cents? Not much these days GI :smirk:

Give back to Nature AND people AND make 2022 a better year!

Join us at
the Team Shroomery page @ Trees.org
to see the count, progress and add to it, one 25 cent tree at a time!

Our action page from last year is still active, so let us drop our contributions there and drive up further the sum of what we've raised! Every single cent helps when its $0.25 a tree, skip a Starbucks, plant 20 trees. Whether you give or not, can or can't, will or won't, we're a fantastic bunch of people and will take that awesomeness into the new year on the horizon.

What better way to end this post than to link you to Trees for the Future for a closer look AND hit you with their production quality mini documentary about their approach and how it works out.

Shroomerites, Let's Make This Grand!

We've got until December 15.

Edited by Asante (12/15/22 09:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #28061141 - 11/20/22 05:30 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Suppose you're plugging your pipe with a third of a $9 gram of weed, that's $3 right there, $3 towards 3 hours of wellbeing. Not bad huh?

Now imagine you plug your pipe with 2/3 of that, thus being decently high and having a dollar to spare, which you donate towards Trees to keep it green.

Lets say Trees. org consults their species list and plants 4 coconut trees for it.

Coconut trees produce a whole lot of coconuts!

Your 4 coconut trees will yield 200-600 coconuts per year. Coconuts, you can use the coco coir for all sorts of things, you can burn the shells as fuel for cooking, the juice is so nutritious you shouldnt drink too much of it, the flesh is not just yummy and sundried is storable as copra, but you can press coconut oil from it, a near ideal frying oil.

Coconuts are like potatoes, if you let them sit too long they sprout inevitably, because they got all they need in the nut, and then you have coconut seedlings, ready to plant!

Coconut trees can live 100 years but are maximally productive for 10-20.

all that for $1 !

one problem though, i didnt inhale :P so I just donated the $3 instead and let the farming family decide what to do with 600-1800 = 3 dozen wheelbarrows of coconuts every year :grin:

3 dollars?! it just got doubled by the Shrromery AND our mystery benefactor so its 12 dollars, 2400-7200 coconuts a year, my God who'll think of the children?! We do, and of the enviroment too, that's why we do it: a better world with or without us.

Make us proud friends!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OnlinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 1
    #28061261 - 11/20/22 07:57 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I spent all my money on my new hobby of silver and stocks I aint got no money to give to charity

I put $15 on my creditcard, I'll come up with themoney somehow

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 2
    #28061288 - 11/20/22 08:10 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Gopher, whatever you need to do, and want to do, its all good :hug:

Many of us are having a financially tight year, its hard to take on an extra expense, which is why we're asking small change from those who can and will spare it, not the ambitious goal of 10,000 trees of last year

As you saw, a quarter translates to 50-150 coconuts a year so, every dime counts.

Do as you want and feel good about it, its all good.

Let those who can and want to, do.

EDIT:  First drops of the rain are coming in, bless you both :hug:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OnlinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 1
    #28061304 - 11/20/22 08:24 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I told my friend about this and she thought it was epic, but then she didnt want to donate :lol:

I should plant some fruit trees in my backyard, I should have when i moved in 10 years ago, but maybe we will be here for another 10 years

I'm going to look into a couple this summer

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 3
    #28061316 - 11/20/22 08:40 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

There's two kinds of people: people who like it, whatever it is, and people who invest themselves in it, even if only a dime.
You're awesome, more awesome than you sometimes feel :hug:

Quote:

Trees for the Future said:

In their father Samuel’s Forest Garden, opportunity for Kelvin, Mary and Phylis grows on trees! 🌱
Thanks to your support, their access to food security, education, and a bright future have grown with every seedling.
Thank you for #PlantingChange for a sustainable and safe future – for Samuel's kids and so many more!
#WorldChildrensDay #PlantChange

just look at the robustness of the forest garden, hoe green the green and tall the trees! I don't think that's a MAGA cap but they are definitely making Kiambu, Kenya great again, and a wall of fruit trees makes that possible.

Everybody wins with this. Invest yourself in the green revolution!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblecooleko
Augmentum provocatus
 User Gallery
Loc: Seattle
    #28061385 - 11/20/22 09:38 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thanks! To clarify, the first 10k in donations gets matched twice?

Happy to contribute!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: cooleko] * 2
    #28061405 - 11/20/22 09:51 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You are quite welcome!

The first $500 gets quadruped

then, up to $10K, gets doubled

is my understanding!

Last year we did 32,000 trees (actually more) which are taken care of by 60 families, a typical fam,ily like this:

and those trees grow fast and end up feeding tens of thousands of people.

What usually happens, a farming family has success with a forest garden, they attract relatives to come help out, profit is good, they decide they want a second forest garden so they expand, and the ball rolls.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: 🌌
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 4
    #28061436 - 11/20/22 10:17 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

This year hasn't been easy on me, so I can't give much, but I can eat.

Some of these people can't.

I encourage anyone who can scrape a little something to do so. Let's try and make the world a better place for em'.

--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Offlinejay.achS
Traveler
Male User Gallery

Loc: USDA Zone 8
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 2
    #28061504 - 11/20/22 11:01 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Sweet!  I'm in for $52.10.  (Fifty bucks plus the processing fee)

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

LAGM v. 2.023
LAGM2021

OnlinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: jay.ach] * 1
    #28061509 - 11/20/22 11:07 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Hopefully we make it to at least the first $500 to get quadrupled I think thats 10k trees

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

#28061515 - 11/20/22 11:11 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

we already over 8k....

--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

OnlinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Rusty2096] * 1
    #28061537 - 11/20/22 11:21 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Thats from last time, we need $500 from this time

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 1
    #28061562 - 11/20/22 11:34 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gopher said:

:confused2:

:cryariver:

:money: Than keep donating Shroomerites :money:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: gopher] * 4
    #28061590 - 11/20/22 11:56 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
we already over 8k....

Quote:

gopher said:

not just from last time.. we had our score of last time, and the amazingly generous Shroomerite who will match up to 10K already donates $2500, in unprecedented generosity that will have lasting consequences in a place where it matters most.

Rusty and Jay, you two too thanks a metric kiloton, and i say kiloton because last years trees will sequester a kiloton of CO2, turning it into fruits, nuts, all good things trees have to offer!

Quote:

Trees for the Future says:

Where we work

Trees for the Future (TREES) is currently working with thousands of farming families across nine countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Over our 30+ year history, we’ve worked around the globe. In 2014, we focused our work in select African countries, where the climatic and economic challenges were most pressing and we could make the greatest impact.

Decades of unsustainable agriculture practices have resulted in degraded and unproductive land; nutrient-scarce food systems; and farming families who are unable to grow and sell enough to meet their most basic needs. Using the Forest Garden Approach in semi-arid countries like Senegal, we’ve proven that agroforestry is a solution to each of these challenges, effectively ending hunger and poverty while restoring the land and environment.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #28061676 - 11/20/22 12:56 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

ooh several anonymous donations were made! :awecid:

One is not so anonymous, I told a christian friend about what we're doing, he asled me to toss in twenty dollars on his behalf.

soo.. done!

Quote:

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."  --  Genesis 1:29

its catchy!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScoutingEagleS
ScoutingEagle
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion
Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: jay.ach] * 2
    #28061798 - 11/20/22 02:14 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jay.ach said:
Sweet!  I'm in for $52.10.  (Fifty bucks plus the processing fee)

Same!!! Just now

--------------------
Living Murphy's Law... One Moment at a Time...

~ScoutingEagle

***ADDENDUM:*** All submitted posts are in any event, works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated fictitious lies.

OfflineJaksavage
Mycodelic
 User Gallery

Loc: Left coast
    #28062104 - 11/20/22 05:23 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Done

--------------------
:bigbang:

:takingnotes:

The Shroomery is the biggest library with the coolest librarians

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Giving Back: Official Shroomery Small Change for BIG CHANGE swap! [Re: ScoutingEagle] * 3
    #28062120 - 11/20/22 05:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You guys are fantastic and a good number of you aren't longterm members yet full of Shroomery spirit :rainbowcloud:

So far, 9 Shroomerites donated a total of $270, which quadrupled comes out to $1080 so on the first day we broke the first thousand!

There is still $230 that can be donated and be quadrupled by the two doublings, so who will help us up the ante? Doesnt have to be much!

TREES is doing good!!
278.000.000 Trees Planted
71.000 Acres Restored
332.000 Lives Changed

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineNatedogg97
Patch reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #28062294 - 11/20/22 07:10 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Totally love the shit out of this *and there goes my last 5$* lol sorry I don't have Any more at the moment to donate drug court fees/fines have drained my bank account. I promise once I get more money I'll put in more

Edited by Natedogg97 (11/20/22 07:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds