Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Very slow, aerial/disorganized growth, possible bacteria, and agar problems. Help needed. [Re: Phaedo]
    #28074192 - 11/29/22 06:08 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

The reason I ask is purely based on my own experience with random issues popping up despite having clean plates.

Have you left control jars of millet to test for cleanliness after pc?

Give a larger grain a try with a boil to prep or similar and see if the additional cooking vs soaking changes your situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhaedo
unemployed philosopher

Re: Very slow, aerial/disorganized growth, possible bacteria, and agar problems. Help needed. [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #28074216 - 11/29/22 06:34 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

I'm open to trying anything if it will get me closer to understanding the issue.

Thing is, a lot of my plates don't seem very clean to me. I know there are lot's of variables affecting growth patterns on agar, but I can't help jumping to conclusions about infected myc. I'm definitely still a noob when it comes to contamination. So much to learn there.

I just don't understand how it could be the same infection with almost every variety I'm running. Some are from MS, others are from live culture plates (I live in Canada, where it's sortof legal to sell live mycelium). That seems to point to an issue with the agar, not contams IMO. But then when I get to fruiting, there does seem to be evidence for lecanicillium.

On a side note, when I first noticed deformed fruits/ bubble-like growths, it wasn't really and issue with every culture I had going at the time. I just ditched the ones that consistently had problems. I could still run tubs and get good flushes off other varieties. My agar work always looked good at this stage too. But then something changed. Now it seems like any variety I have going is problematic on agar and then later shows signs of infection/deformity.

--------------------
"A thing really exists if it has any capacity at all, either to do something...or to have the smallest thing done to it...I'll take it as a definition that being amounts to nothing other than capacity"

Plato-Sophist 274e

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies