Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
I hate people
    #2805412 - 06/18/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Over the years, I have become increasingly pessimistic about mankind. They brutal way we treat each other and the planet has soured my heart to our species. Any good deeds people do seem to be about cleaning up messes made by other people. I've seen so many people here talk about how we need to save ourselves from self-destruction, but I have to ask why. I say if mankind destroys itself, then we damn well deserve it. Anyone care to try to convince me otherwise?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: I hate people [Re: silversoul7]
    #2805426 - 06/18/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ummmmm...

hmmmm...

well... 

uhhh...

:shrug:

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #2805487 - 06/18/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i went on a hike yesterday, every single person i passed i either said "hi" to or they said it back to me.

some people even asked if we where doing ok.

i think your focusing only on the bad side of things.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2805514 - 06/18/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nope, I agree.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: I hate people [Re: guri]
    #2805520 - 06/18/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I get along with individuals. But it seems that the bad far outweighs the good. The fact that people were friendly to you does not make up for each them consuming ten times more resources than people in other countries, electing corrupt politicians who bring terror upon other countries, and breeding more resource-hoarding Americans.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2805537 - 06/18/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well, I meditated on your question for a few minutes and this is what I came up with:

what if (and I realize its a big if) humans are it? I mean what if this planet contains the only life that the universe has thus far managed to foster?

humans themselves may not be worth saving, but consciousness and life definitely are. I think consciousness is a lot cooler than a bunch of dead rocks floating around in space.

think of a baby. They are selfish and ignorant. When we protect our children, we are not really protecting who they are, we are protecting what they will become. Perhaps the human race is like a child. Although it seems selfish and incapable now, its potential is great, and must be preserved.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2805577 - 06/18/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

im not going to try and convince you otherwise...

but i think it always good to make an effort in the "right" direction if you want to see some good in the world.

you say "Any good deeds people do seem to be about cleaning up messes made by other people" are there any other kind of good deeds? honestly? any other kind of good deed, is just being a freindly neigbor, or helping a kid out that got mauled by an animal. you are right, most of any good deed that needs to be done was brought about about by other people, is cleaning up other peoples messes. but no one ever really thought they were being "evil incarnate" when they did something. they probably just used a faulty logic that made them think it was okay to do what they did. thats why i try to educate people when i see them doing things i think are dumb, or that other people would not appriciate (including myself). and you dont *have* to be nice, but it certainy helps you get your point across (and im not talking about gooshy sweet).

i cant say that the only good deeds ive ever witnessed first hand were my own, ive seen many good people do some good things to help other people.

i honestly dont think we need to save ourselves from self destruction, the society will create what it wants in the long run... but im sure not going to promote killing off the human race.

i dont know that guy i saw litering the other day. i couldnt catch up to him to to talk to him about it. i picked up his garbage and threw it away for him. do i hate him or want him dead? no... i dont know why he did it. maybe he thought somebody would pick it up, maybe he was distracted and forgot his manners, maybe his mother just died and he decided not to care for awhile... thats all perfectly acceptable to me, because i just dont know. i will give someone the benefit of the doubt, unless they have given me the benefit of their conversation and personality. i cannot "mass judge" like so many can... hell dont get me wrong i am the king of judgeing on a personal level, but i try to be constructive about it, or at the very least a nuetral observationalist.

it makes me sad that youve seen so much bullshit and had so many sour experiences... i thin k ive been in the same mindset you are (didnt even want to try to help "save" the world if nobody was going to help me, or it seemed futile) so im with you on that. but if you *want* to change then you have to make yourself.

it would be wise to remember that you are a person also, and just as you are percieving the world around you catagorizing and judging it, its doing the same to you. do you fall under those catagories also? there are many who dont, and who dont mind not being recognized. and there are many who just saying "hi" to would warm there hearts to a different perspective.

good luck on your decisions, as they are in the end ultimatly yours, and that is awesome.

peace & understanding are key

Tod

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: I hate people [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2805614 - 06/18/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
well, I meditated on your question for a few minutes and this is what I came up with:

what if (and I realize its a big if) humans are it? I mean what if this planet contains the only life that the universe has thus far managed to foster?

humans themselves may not be worth saving, but consciousness and life definitely are. I think consciousness is a lot cooler than a bunch of dead rocks floating around in space.

reminds me of something george carlin said about the sanctity of life... it was funny... for those of u who remember.

on a side note, i think people hate themselves, and thats why theyre destroying themselves/their world.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: I hate people [Re: Todcasil]
    #2805626 - 06/18/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

it would be wise to remember that you are a person also, and just as you are percieving the world around you catagorizing and judging it, its doing the same to you. do you fall under those catagories also? there are many who dont, and who dont mind not being recognized. and there are many who just saying "hi" to would warm there hearts to a different perspective.

I try to be friendly. I try to get involved in world affairs and bring about change. Yet, like many Americans, I consume large amounts of fast food, buy products made by child labor, consume gas and electricity, thus ruining the air and furthering our destructive foreign policy in the Middle East. I'd like to say that I deserve to live, but the evidence says otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: I hate people [Re: BleaK]
    #2805633 - 06/18/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"i think people hate themselves, and thats why theyre destroying themselves/their world."

that might be a deep issue a lot of people are dealing with. handed down from father/mother to child. i agree with that, based on what ive seen. but i cannot be hopeless

peace

(just edited, i did some wierd shit ive never done before and had to delete it)

Edited by Todcasil (06/18/04 01:02 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2805644 - 06/18/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

than make yourself different. is that possible?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2805702 - 06/18/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
than make yourself different. is that possible?

if u concieve it.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2805773 - 06/18/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have the same frustraition. It seems like people are so quick to elect leaders who fill them with a false sense of promise, that they become so easily manipulated by the people least qualified for the job.

But the bigger picture is that you have to do what you can to help out others, reguardless of what other people are doing. In the past, I've felt apathetic about being active because there are so many people who are nasty, but now I'm trying because there are so many people who are nasty. It's better to not become one of them in trying to fight it.

I think people are a combination of a product of their enviroment as well as responsible for their actions, but it seems a good place to start is improving the quality of life of people, and especially the quality of the emotional awareness people have of themselves. It's hard not to be cynical when you see shows like "The Lifestyles of the RIch & Famous" (whatever it's called, the one where they praise celebrities for wasting money and being self-asborbed) as well as the events happening in the world. But

And I do think there is truth in that there are a lot of people who have a social awareness and are trying to make a difference. If you look at the quality of life now as compared to 500 years ago, it's a huge difference. I just hope don't blow ourselves up/use too many resources in the process.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Anonymous

#2805795 - 06/18/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It seems like you're worrying too much about things you can't change. You can avoid eating fast food, but you can't keep others from making or eating it. You can boycott products made by children in sweatshops, but you can't keep others from buying them. You can ride a bike instead of driving, but you can't keep others from polluting the air with car exhaust.

I used to care about this stuff, but not anymore. Now I look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture goes beyond the human species and what they think life is supposed to be like. The bigger picture involves the planet we live on and the solar system and the universe.

If the human species goes extinct, like you said, who cares? Nature has ways of taking care of things that are unbalanced. It's a free will universe, so if people want to trash the planet, let them. The consequences will take their toll naturally. If there is one thing I could tell all the extreme "liberal" types (and I'm not saying you're one of them SS) who worry about this is: there is truly NOTHING, aside from changing your own life, that you can do about it. Just live your life, and stop caring how others live theirs. Nature takes care of these things. Every action has a reaction, no matter how late the reaction may seem to occur.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: I hate people [Re: ]
    #2805812 - 06/18/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:
It seems like you're worrying too much about things you can't change. You can avoid eating fast food, but you can't keep others from making or eating it. You can boycott products made by children in sweatshops, but you can't keep others from buying them. You can ride a bike instead of driving, but you can't keep others from polluting the air with car exhaust.

I used to care about this stuff, but not anymore. Now I look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture goes beyond the human species and what they think life is supposed to be like. The bigger picture involves the planet we live on and the solar system and the universe.

If the human species goes extinct, like you said, who cares? Nature has ways of taking care of things that are unbalanced. It's a free will universe, so if people want to trash the planet, let them. The consequences will take their toll naturally. If there is one thing I could tell all the extreme "liberal" types (and I'm not saying you're one of them SS) who worry about this is: there is truly NOTHING, aside from changing your own life, that you can do about it. Just live your life, and stop caring how others live theirs. Nature takes care of these things. Every action has a reaction, no matter how late the reaction may seem to occur.

I resent being brought into a world where i am subjected to the things mentioned above. and i will make a fit about it.

my ONLY beef with people who eat fast food and pollute by driving for example... is that they breed more and more people like them. making it impossible for things to change.

--------------------

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #2805834 - 06/18/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

then adopt a kid or two from a poor country, at least that way you will be feeding a hungry kid, who otherwise might not be getting a meal, plus you are doing something to help.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: I hate people [Re: guri]
    #2805849 - 06/18/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

guri said:
then adopt a kid or two from a poor country, at least that way you will be feeding a hungry kid, who otherwise might not be getting a meal, plus you are doing something to help.

I dont think that would help .
i also need some more monopoly money.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2806048 - 06/18/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have actually been thinking lately that I could not morally justify bringing another child into this world, despite my instinctual desire to have children. I think I'll adopt.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2806462 - 06/18/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

good call...

myself, i have children (an undiclosed amount of undisclosed genders :wink:) and i must say we did try pretty hard not to have them...  but living in acceptance of things that were beyond my control (in a sense), they have been a blessing and have taught me many things about myself and about other people.  humans are expanding exponetially.  if i didnt have them it would not have mattered, but since i did, i have become a person who actually listens to his intuition as opposed to his moral code, which has been put there by what everybody else thinks is right..

alls well that ends.
peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2806803 - 06/18/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Don't be so hard on people, we've only been around a few thousand years.

My responsibility for the world begins and ends with myself

If you dislike the way people are treated, why add to the dilema by claiming to hate manking in general?

I'd be really interested in hearing what anybody in this forum has done to help out the world.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom