Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineuki
fool of wisdom
Loc: the milky way
the amanita experience...
    #2805119 - 06/18/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the yellow-orange fly agaric, like the northern red variety, is in-toxicating. i've been eating them annually now for a few years and in that time i've come to realize just why i continue to eat them year after year... the experience. at best i'll sum it up for me. now i am at 4-5 mid-size mushroom caps brewed into a cup of tea, very potent. the color is like gold, although the smell and taste are enough to make your tummy curl. hold nose... gulp it down. add nothing to it, nor eat anything for atleast a day before, otherwise you will puke hard, real hard. i once made the mistake eating 3 sesame chips and a beer just an hour before consumption time... aaag.
the tummy queeziness usually begins with half-hour, depending on a variety of factors. after that, you get real heavy, everything is heavy... you feel like you are a peice of metal being magnetically pulled to the ground. most likely you will fall over and lay there for awhile in a state of delirium, confusion, cold sweat, shivering, and vivid hallucinations in the head. mostly one will just go into a vivid state of day-dreaming. sometimes it can be hellish. i once felt like judas after betraying the christ, i thought my guts were going to explode out of me and i was going to die on the ground in my own entrails. this was replaced by deep guilt for decieving myself that these mushrooms won't kill you... hahaha... god was laughing at me, i was a goner... then it was into a state of a cartoon dream. i had told my freinds to wake me up in a few hours if i passed out. i told them if i didn't respond to hit me or something. finally after several hours, and many attempts later, i heard my name being called out of the void. i awoke feeling extremely drunk, i couldn't walk around coherently... the only thing i knew was that i was hungry, so i made two quater chicken legs for dinner.
another experience was a no-brainer... i had the amanitas drying and i got drunk on a liter of pigot noir wine(whoever spelled), after getting drunk i got beer balls and made a cup of tea with 1-1/2 large mushrooms. for the first twenty-five minutes i sat in my chair on the porch clutching the armrests in a white-knukle grip. then... puked bright pink liquid for an hour, then laid down on the top of my stairs with my eyes open for 4 hours. during this time i remember my freinds poking me with my broadsword trying to get me to respond. when i finally woke up, i walked two miles to my dishwashing job that i was late for.
for me, consuming amanitas is like the crown of understanding the power of mushrooms, to realize just how much respect should be given to such a small and fragile creation is overwhelming. one goes thru the whole process of dying and being resurrected all in the span of a few hours. now knowing what it feels like to suffer from fly-agarics just for an hour of puking, surely strenghtens my resolve not to mis-identify any mushroom before consumption... imagine three weeks of this suffering? no-way.
yet after awakening from the amanita experience i feel more alive, more understanding of life. so i share this with you. yet i cannot stress the fact more... do not eat it if you are not sure! peace.

p.s. in norway the red ones are more potent.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineuki
fool of wisdom
Re: the amanita experience... [Re: uki]
    #2805145 - 06/18/04 12:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

if this mushroom can intoxicate or kill insects on contact, imagine what it can do to single cell organisms like bacteria and viruses in your body?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2807298 - 06/18/04 11:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the flys get stoned and drown in milk, that's how it kills flys.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: the amanita experience... [Re: gdman]
    #2807369 - 06/19/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

booyah... stoned flys :cool:

Offlineuki
fool of wisdom
Re: the amanita experience... [Re: Infrared]
    #2809681 - 06/19/04 10:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i'd beg to differ on the stoned fly theory. i used to dry my amanitas out on a mirror in the sun during the day, at night i would bring it in with them still on it, the next day there would be numerous dead flies lying around on the mirror.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2809957 - 06/20/04 12:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

flys don't live that long, you know? like only a day or two.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience