Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehybridphil
Student

Loc: Milky Way....they'll neve...
Salvia First time
    #2803279 - 06/17/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm gonna do salvia this evening for the first time. I was just wondering about suggestions for the trip. Is music good on salvia? What should I be doing? and when can I next do it again??

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
Re: Salvia First time [Re: hybridphil]
    #2803320 - 06/17/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I personally do not like music while on salvia. You are basically going to want to sit down or lay down for the entire trip. Make sure someone is there with you to take the pipe as soon as you are blasted off. Basically, during the trip you are not going to want to do anything but sit there - you will be in another world. I suggest preparing yourself before the trip though, maybe meditating, or whatever you do. I'm not sure "when the next time you can do it" - salvia isn't really recreational, so you probably won't want to do it soon after again. I suggest reading some trip reports on erowid before you do it also. In fact, make sure you do that before you trip.

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2803395 - 06/17/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

just relax and keep on relaxing.
this is going to be a short but interesting experience with good afterglow.
accept all interruptions and continue letting go of attachments.

Offlinehybridphil
Student

#2803499 - 06/17/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Alright..i'm picking up my shipment right now with a few grams of 10x extract...i'll let you know how it goes.

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Offlinehybridphil
Student

#2803969 - 06/17/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What a jip...non standardized extract sucks..i took about 5 or 6 hits and i got absolutely nothing more than a lil out of breath..anybody know any reason why?? best way to smoke salvia is a bong or what?

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2803975 - 06/17/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i would say metal or glass pipe, let it burn good, hold your breathe in for as long as possible, let the bowl get really hot.

im sorry to hear that it was inadequite for you though!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinetragicrushmooms
strange

#2806120 - 06/18/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

have helped over 50 people breakthrough for the first time on salvia and using the following method seems best in terms of success and satisfaction

We've found a water cooled bong works v well
Burn it hot and quick, all in one breath, hold it down until you don't know what breathing out means.

Have it pitch dark and silent and be alone, the sitter should take the bong and wait outside the room, sit down and you normally stay there throughout but make the room safe as a few people wander about.

Once you have broken through the above becomes less important

Report back if this works  (maybe even rate me :blush: :blush: :blush:)

Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
    #2806156 - 06/18/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My method of smoking it and helping others is to take the lighter on the bowl and hold the lighter right above the salvia a centimeter or two, and then keep moving the lighter up and down so it hits it and then comes off it for a second. Keep doing this untill you can't even breathe anymore and hold it in as long as you possibly can. Right after you exhale take a small breath and repeat this until you physically have to drop the pipe. I've never personally smoked it out of a water pipe, I've always used a normal glass pipe which has seemed to work very well. Everytime I've done it has been off of 5x extract as well, so its not the salvia thats your problem - its your technique. If its 10x you have some powerful stuff there.

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2807040 - 06/18/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I heartily suggest a good bong.  Load up the bowl with a good-sized pinch of extract, and then hit it.  Try and do the entire bowl-load in one hit, and burn it with the lighter all the time.  When the salvia incandesces white, you're done.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinepitt_meadows
Stranger
Loc: pitt meadows, B.C., canan...
Re: Salvia First time [Re: Sev]
    #2810647 - 06/20/04 07:09 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i personally suggest a good water bong. and light the salvia with a torch or 2 or 3 lighters at once. the more and hotter the better. and take all of the shit in one hoot, hold for 1 min. (try to at least, but don't kill yourself) and exhale slowly. then trip.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia First time [Re: pitt_meadows]
    #2811264 - 06/20/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pitt_meadows said:
light the salvia with a torch or 2 or 3 lighters at once.  hold for 1 min.

lol, sounds a little overboard to me :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineGod_of_Dreams
MasterMage

Loc: In Your Mind
Re: Salvia First time [Re: Noviseer]
    #2811300 - 06/20/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

how long do u get high off salvia for? and is it expensive? does it get u EXTREMELY fucked? i heard it does

GodOfDreams

--------------------
In Your Sleep
I'll Make You Weep
As I change your dream
Into Something That Will Make You Scream

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia First time [Re: God_of_Dreams]
    #2811378 - 06/20/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

For 6 minutes the usually smooth and buoyant surface of conscious mind becomes very porous, and you can move in any direction, then normal surface floatation resumes (the brain operates normally again), & life becomes more superficial - you move only as you did before; but you remain philosophical for at least 2 hours, and you feel better physically for ~2 days.

during the 6 minutes, images persist longer (which is why it seems to be a much bigger mental space), you get visual auditory and even ego trails with memory layering. multiples selves can co-exist, geometric extension and completion of cartoon world designs may appear (any permutation of mental process or dream with extended sensation or extended ideation) etc.

===========

btw it is easy to make extract for one toke experiences if you can get salvia leaf, just google salvia extraction for more details
http://www.google.ca/search?q=salvia+extraction&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

salvia leaf is being sold for as little as 100USD/pound or less which will yeild 44 grams of 10X or 88 grams of 5X which comes to about one dollar and 13 cents per gram of 5X, of course you will probably go through close to 30$ of acetone in the process and it might take a few days in the garage (i.e. if you air dry the extract instead of using ovens)

The only things to worry about is open flame (or red hot heating elements) with acetone, and breathing the fumes is an irritant. but it is not dangerous to touch - so you want a ventilated space like a garage. acetone not only strips the good stuff from the leaf, but it also strips finish off of furniture and other painted surfaces.

Edited by redgreenvines (06/20/04 02:57 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia First time [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2811792 - 06/20/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

evaporating liters of acetone in a garage :eek:

I think some middle-aged people will immediately get a vivid flashback and Duck & Cover like Burt the Turtle taught them in the 1950s when you flip the light switch.

RedGreenVines warned about the risk but for redundency's sake I add my own with a little babble.

If flammable liquids vaporize they mix with the air they need for burning. If they reach a certain temperature (or meet static electricity or metal sparks) they will ignite and burn rapidly.
If there is not too much and not too little of the fumes present the burning will be so rapid as to make the fuel/air mix explode.

With acetone all bad things come together making it far more dangerous then even gasoline fumes.

1..it is very volatile, slightly heavier then air, and easily reaches high concentrations
2..it is a very reactive chemical (six active hydrogens in 10 atoms for my fellow nerds)
3..the temperature of ignition is very low
4..the percentages in air that are capable of explosion span an unusually wide range
5..the combustion speed accelerates very rapidly

These factors combined make acetone one of the most notorious fire hazards in chemical plants, while at first glance it seems quite akin to gasoline and even has 2/3 of gasoline's energy density.
Ask a good fireman and he'll tell you that acetone is evil :shocked:

Now regular amounts, some fl.oz, can easily be evaporated if you do not choose to distill in a closed system. But when the amounts runs into liters (and buildup of fumes escalates drastically because of scale-up of weight occupying volume over distance) the liters may add up but the risks will multiply.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia First time - acetone extractions [Re: Asante]
    #2813298 - 06/21/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it takes a couple of days for me to passively evap a half litre in the garage. I use a glass or ceramic bowl.

I am much more confident with it and do not mind it on my skin.
I can use it to clean greasey or glue tacky surfaces if they are not plasticized.

it never reaches anything like explosive concentrations while evaporating in the garage as it is a protected and passive process (as opposed to an industrial environment with machinery, sparks, and other active processes), but it is smart to consider all these pitfalls such as accidentally dripping it on expensive furniture and having the finish get ruined.

I washed a new pipe this weekend in acetone to remove germs (should have used alcohol) - you know the kind of pipe that looks like a cigarette - well it dissolved the paint, & now it looks like a cigarette picked up from the street.

if on the other hand you spray acetone from an atomizer (assuming the atomizer does not dissolve) that acetone droplet cloud will momentarily be explosive - same with gasoline etc. same principle in internal combustion engines and - to some extent, rocketry.

in the case of distillation, which I do not reccomend in the amateur sector, you are setting up an environment where you want to have extra precautions. the fire department won't like that!

what i have described is not something that would scare a fireman.
oh yeah, I have a lock on the garage door and no one smokes here.

i rarely do an extraction (once per year) and it lasts 3 days at most.

Edited by redgreenvines (06/21/04 06:49 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags