Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Corn back on the cob?
    #2803576 - 06/17/04 10:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

TWO QUESTION NON RELATED: Okay so a FOAF has a few jars of fully colonized creeper that survived the popcorn tek. He wants to implement the Corncob Mycelium Slurry in order to increase his casings. I told him that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to chop that stuff up in a blender because the inner part of the kernal would be prone to infection due to it probably not being colonized. Am I right?

Question 2: A buddy of mine has a relatively large all horse ranch out in the country and there were shurms growing all over the place. I always thought that that mushrooms could only grow naturally outta cow poops. The caps on them had purple looking spore prints but I really couldn't tell if they were Gulf Coast psyilocibes becasue half of his family was there and I could never get close enough to pick any without peeps seeing me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Corn back on the cob? [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #2803642 - 06/17/04 10:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ive been looking into that tek and it dosent seem anyone ever did it. And it cant be used as a good substrate, its more for spawn. Its not nutritious at all, hence why its hard to contam. YOu wouldnt need ot blend it htough you can just break up the corn. But the inside of the cenal is colonized, thats what the shrooms eat.

And #2 Just go and pick em and id em.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Corn back on the cob? [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #2804226 - 06/18/04 02:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Meat_Log_Smurf said:
I told him that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to chop that stuff up in a blender because the inner part of the kernal would be prone to infection due to it probably not being colonized. Am I right?

Despite grower's advice, you are correct. Exposing the starchy interior of the kernal will make it more prone to bacterial contamination. Unless of course you over-incubate well past the prime time of spawning, then the kernal will eventually get colonized on the interior...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ranch Dressing

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation