Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Mimosa Hostilis, Psychotria Viridis, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeathexplosion
Loc: somewhere out there
ayahuasca anyone?
    #2802440 - 06/17/04 02:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i'm really interested in trying some and probably will.but i'm interested in hearing some of your experiences on it.what you learned.how it affected your life after,how many times did you puke,if you shit yourself or not.all that kind of good stuff.much appreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: Deathexplosion]
    #2802472 - 06/17/04 02:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I just my first batch today :laugh:

OfflineDeathexplosion
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: Legoulash]
    #2802483 - 06/17/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

please share

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2807293 - 06/18/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deathexplosion said:
i'm really interested in trying some and probably will.but i'm interested in hearing some of your experiences on it.what you learned.how it affected your life after,how many times did you puke,if you shit yourself or not.all that kind of good stuff.much appreciated

I've done it a couple of times. You drink the strength, then you drink the light, and then, about the same time as you start getting nauseous, you start coming up. You puke -- just one 'session' of puking, a minute or so as you empty your stomach -- and then you start peaking pretty soon after. The nausea is gone almost as soon as you finish wiping the vomit off your mouth.

The walls breath and you start seeing shapes in things. However, I didn't pay much attention to the OEVs, because the CEVs were FUCKING FANTASTIC. I laid back for most of my trip, shpongle playing in the background, and was transported through fantastic landscapes and realms. I was up, I was happy, I was ecstatic. At one point I felt like the music was making love with the music. My gender flipped back and forth at a couple of points in my mind, and it wasn't strange or scary at all -- I was filled with a simple glee.

Creatures, entities flitted and flirted around me. At one point, I was walking about, and I stumbled into a mirror at the same time as I blinked, and there were technicolor dragons writhing around me. I wound up leaning there, watching them, interacting with them in some strange and indescribable but infinitely wonderful fashion.

That was my first trip. My second was different, but more of the same, if you know what I mean. Both were wonderful experiences, fun and insane in a good way. At the same time, it was a very manageable thing -- I felt that, if I had to, I could easily interact with people ... though I'd probably be laughing to myself and grooving the whole time.

FWIW, that was 3 grams Rue and 15g Mimosa hostilis rootbark.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: Sev]
    #2807693 - 06/19/04 01:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

offhand, any idea how much psychotria viridis that 15 g of hostillis would be? I'll be drinking mine tomorrow.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2807971 - 06/19/04 02:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've got no idea.  Hrm.  Hold on.

According to http://dmt.lycaeum.org/oldmsgs/whichplants.html mimosa is .57% DMT, and viridis is .15 - .2% DMT. 

(.57 / .15) * 15g == 57g viridis.
(.57 / .2) * 15g == 42.75g viridis

So, according to my math, you want to do somewhere between 43 and 57g of the viridis at one go.

...Dear god, that sounds like a lot.  It's late, and I'm somewhat dyslexic to boot, so dear god in heaven check that math before you actually use my numbers.  :wink:

Huh.  *math*  According to that, I think that's approximately an 85mg dose -- if I did the math right, and if my rootbark was actually .57% DMT -- which seems like a pretty high dose from what I've read, too. I was about 250 lbs a the time, so adjust proportionately.

Hrm.  According to the Ask Erowid page on Aya, "10 to 15 grams of Mimosa rootbark produces effects equivalent to 30 grams of Psychotria leaves."

I dunno.  It's your call.  I'd use between 30 and 40g leaves for your first shot.

Good luck, and let us know how it went once it's over.  :smile:

Oh, one more thing:  You've got 20-30 minutes before things start happening, including the initial purge, after you take the Light -- the DMT-containing mix -- generally.  Use that time to set up your playlist.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: Sev]
    #2808521 - 06/19/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cool, Ive got that much. Thanks for the research, my friend! :thumbup:

Anonymous

#2808554 - 06/19/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

oh my goodness, you are one lucky person  :crazy2:...

ive heard that you see colors that dont exist in reality, which seems impossible but nothing is, so can someone elaborate on that?

Onlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: ]
    #2808631 - 06/19/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've got an upcoming batch of 1oz caapi vine with 1oz viridis, I'm just waiting for the right time to indulge :smile:. Just wondering, does 1oz of caapi vine usually supply enough maoi for the dmt, or should someone consider making a brew with 2oz?

OfflineSev
Astropath
    #2808772 - 06/19/04 02:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No prob.  Always glad to help someone try ayahuasca, just 'cause I loved it so much.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: ]
    #2808773 - 06/19/04 02:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't see any colors that didn't exist in reality -- at least that I remember -- but I sure did see realities that didn't exist in reality.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: deff]
    #2808776 - 06/19/04 02:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've honestly got no idea -- and it's right before I've gotta leave for work, so I don't really have the time to research it.  I'd suggest looking at trip reports and such on Erowid, and seeing what the average caapi dose is.  That at least usually remains pretty constant.

Me, I've gotta say that I like rue.  It's a lot easier to deal with, and, IIRC, significantly cheaper per dose.  I've still got like three ounces of the stuff kicking around, and since a dose is only 3g, I anticipate it lasting me a few years yet.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDeathexplosion
    #2808978 - 06/19/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i've read reports of people shitting their pants after initially taking this.has this happened to anyone.should you take on an empty stomach or what?

OfflineSev
Astropath
    #2809532 - 06/19/04 09:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't, and I just abstained from eating for maybe four hours beforehand since I knew that whatever was in my stomach would be coming up.

Now, once when I was on shrooms, I had -felt- like I'd shat my pants, but I didn't. That was very odd.

--------------------

OfflineDeathexplosion
    #2823991 - 06/24/04 02:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

is it better to have to actual plant to make it or use extracts.i've seen places where extracts can be found.but i'm not sure which way to go about it

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

#2824834 - 06/24/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, so here is a story of a ayahuasca trip I had. As mentioned in a previous post I threw out my trip notebook. I remember I was tripping on shrooms and got paranoid and got rid of everything drug related that I had.

So the day before I tripped I boiled up the Banisteriopis caapi (vine), and the Psychotria viridis (leaves). I let it simmer until what remained was a drinkable ammount of sludge.

I was feeling pretty depressed but I decided to go ahead with the trip as planned. I was also alone since that is how all my experiences are. The taste was pretty disgusting, but that was expected.

After drinking the tea I was feeling pretty sick, but I didn't purge (which is what most people experience with ayahuasca). I did get the runs, and while sitting on the toilet the wood grained floor became alive.

I was listening to a CD called Ayahuasca songs of a Peruvian Shaman which I kept on a loop the whole time.

As usual I decided that I was going to stay in my bed for a while. I looked over at some palm trees in my room and they seemed to have animal like properties. (Hard to explain, but they were moving around or something).

The next thing I knew I was in a jungle and a dark skinned woman came to me. Here eyes were made of white light.

The woman embraced me and I beame part of her. This was a feeling of non-sexual extacy. I felt that I was acceptable, as though I was a good human being.

I was then somehow back as myself in the jungle where I saw armies of little men marching around. I have no idea what they were doing.

Then a giant snake came up and I was consumed by it. I was alive inside his stomach. As the trip was fading I realised that the inside of his stomach was really my bed sheet.

Slowly I started to remember who and where I was. I slowly lost all effects of the tea.

I came back feeling very happy.

note: I had read a lot about ayahuasca beforehand and there is a pattern of snakes and women. That probably influenced me to have the experience that I ended up having.

Offlinekeeponshroomin
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: NGC4414]
    #2824899 - 06/24/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

^^^^^

How much did you take and of what exactly?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2825688 - 06/24/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I did ayahuasca 4 times. Each time I took successively larger doses. It is near identical to mushrooms as DMT is related to psilocybin. I didn't see no fairies or gods, but I experienced much auditory hallucination. One caveat is that every time I found my ass glued to the shitter while I threw up for at least 15 minutes. The diahhrea reallllly stinks too. After this passes it is great, but it aint for sissies or people obsessed with being confortable.

Offlinefujisawa
psychonauticalyogi

Loc: the crack between worlds
    #2828963 - 06/25/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Check out Terrence Mckenna's Search for the Original Tree Of Knowledge. He talks a lot about the ayahuasca trip and dmt. You can dowload it at http://www.deoxy.org/mckenna.htm. It is good to listen to on many other topics as well. Enjoy and enjoy the trip man :sun:

--------------------
"To fathom hell or soar angelic try a pinch of psychedelic!"

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: ayahuasca anyone? [Re: fujisawa]
    #2828990 - 06/25/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you should change your diet around, that will help with the runs. try eating vegan for a week before you take the yaje. youll end up purging, and no runs, im betting.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Mimosa Hostilis, Psychotria Viridis, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna, Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden