Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offline336
menehune

Loc: 808
Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: sudly]
    #28025371 - 10/30/22 10:46 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
I've no issue with Nancy Pelosi. She seems like a fine American.

You must be a wealthy fellow or not following political happenings in the US.

He's literally Agent Smith.

Quote:

Enlil said:

--------------------
"Love is seeing the unity under the imaginary diversity."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: Psilynut2]
    #28025392 - 10/30/22 11:12 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
It seems to work .

Quote:

I wouldn't say it's unprovoked... tbh most politicians and military leaders should be executed or imprisoned according to their oaths. They've all pretty much betrayed their nation. They are legit domestic enemies to the Constitution and the rule of law.

Like I said tho, attacking an 82 year old man with a hammer is fubar and likely not the answer.

Something tells me 336 has not taken that oath themselves and probably has no clue what it means.

Likely’ not the answer?
:ilold:

Offline336
menehune

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: mushboy]
    #28025478 - 10/31/22 01:04 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I haven't. Most of my family has. For generations. So, I have some idea about what it means. Or at least what it was supposed to mean. There are few oath-keepers these days. Otherwise, there'd have been another revolution/civil war already.

"To defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign or domestic."

It's pretty straight forward if you ask me.

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: 336]
    #28025494 - 10/31/22 01:29 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

336 said:
Quote:

sudly said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
I've no issue with Nancy Pelosi. She seems like a fine American.

You must be a wealthy fellow or not following political happenings in the US.

He's literally Agent Smith.

Quote:

Enlil said:

People track her damn stock portfolio she's so damned corrupt, cus that insider trading pays yo.

Quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is not the most successful member of Congress in the stock market. That’s likely Rep. Austin Scott, R-Ga., at least according to one viral report. Nor is she the most prolific. That honor probably goes to Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, or fellow Bay Area Rep. Ro Khanna.

Pelosi does not not even technically trade stocks, since her husband Paul owns and runs Financial Leasing Services, a San Francisco-based venture capital firm, and is responsible for all of the trades that Pelosi has to file under the STOCK Act of 2012.

But Nancy Pelosi has become the defining figure of a social media movement for people looking to get ahead in the stock market — or trying to prevent more political figures from getting ahead.

Nowhere is this more evident than on TikTok, where legions of amateur investors and personal finance enthusiasts — with lots of free time on their hands over the pandemic and motivated, in part, by the subreddit Wall Street Bets — share Pelosi’s list of recent call option purchases alongside tips on cryptocurrency or high-yield savings accounts. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of videos if you search “Nancy Pelosi stocks” on TikTok.

The popularity of these videos hinge on the belief that politicians are getting ahead in the stock market because of access to insider information, if not necessarily insider trading, an idea that proliferated in the past two years with the ongoing investigation of Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C. Burr sold $1.6 million in stock on Feb. 13, 2020, a month before the World Health Organization officially declared the pandemic.

https://www.capitoltrades.com/politicians/P000197

And it's not just her! Sure she feeds information to her husband for him to buy stocks, but if that ain't insider trading then nothing is!

She does well but she has competition within the senate for sure.

Quote:

72 members of Congress have violated a law designed to prevent insider trading and stop conflicts-of-interest

https://www.businessinsider.com/congress-stock-act-violations-senate-house-trading-2021-9#rep-blake-moore-a-republican-from-utah-19

Quote:

Nearly 20% of Congress members have been trading shares of companies in industries they are supposed to be overseeing as part of their committee assignments — creating major conflicts of interest, a new report finds.

Between 2019 and 2021, 97 US senators and Congress members or their immediate family made financial transactions in which they may have had access to inside information, the New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio), a member of the House Oversight Committee, reported buying and trading shares of pharmaceutical giant AbbVie in 2020 and 2021 — at the same time the committee was investigating the company and its rivals for unfair pricing practices.

Meanwhile, a total of 13 lawmakers traded shares of companies that were under investigation by committees they served on. The wife of Rep. Alan Lowenthal (D-Calif.) sold Boeing shares in March 2020 — just a day before a committee her husband sat on released a bombshell report that alleged Boeing leadership was partly to blame for two fatal 737 MAX crashes.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/13/nearly-20-of-congress-trades-stocks-that-present-conflicts-of-interest-report/

She says she supports a free market but doesn't bat an eye against insider trading.

Quote:

A fateful Alphabet bet
Central to the story of how Pelosi became one of the biggest memes on Wall Street is US legislation that forces lawmakers to disclose their and their family's trading activity. It means the general public can view Pelosi's – or, more specifically, Pelosi's husband's – often highly successful trades.

Pelosi has reported many stock trades carried out by her husband, Paul, over the last few years. But his trading activities shot into the news in July, when he made a cool $5.3 million by exercising call options that let him buy 4,000 shares of Google parent company Alphabet.

The trade was highly controversial. That's because it came just before the House Judiciary Committee voted on antitrust regulation, which ultimately wasn't seen as a big threat to the tech titans.

Spokespeople for Speaker Pelosi told media outlets at the time that she had no knowledge of the purchases and that she owns no stock herself. Insider contacted Pelosi's office but received no reply.

Although she didn't break any rules, the trades were seen as fishy by many, and two memes based around Pelosi quickly sprung up. One is that the 81-year-old is a high-rolling, risk-taking star trader. Another is that she's making the big bucks off of insider information.

Despite the transparency requirement, an Insider investigation revealed in December that dozens of federal lawmakers and at least 182 top congressional staffers are violating a federal conflict-of-interest law known as the STOCK Act.

But Pelosi rejected the idea of a stock-trading ban for member of Congress, drawing pushback from Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/nancy-pelosi-stock-trades-meme-investing-litquidity-paul-pelosi-alphabet-2021-9

Quote:

As members of Congress debate whether lawmakers and their spouses should play the stock market, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi, a venture capitalist, continues to regularly buy and sell stocks and stock options.

Pelosi has access to confidential intelligence and the power to affect — with words or actions — the fortunes of companies in which her husband invests and trades.

When asked in December 2021 whether members of Congress should even be allowed to trade stocks, Pelosi answered in the affirmative.

"We are a free-market economy. They should be able to participate in that," she said.

This led some of her colleagues, on both the left and the right, to sharply criticize her — and draft legislation to restrict members of Congress and their spouses from trading stocks.

"Year after year, politicians somehow manage to outperform the market, buying and selling millions in stocks of companies they're supposed to be regulating," Republican Sen. Josh Hawley said. "Wall Street and Big Tech work hand-in-hand with elected officials to enrich each other at the expense of the country. Here's something we can do: ban all members of Congress from trading stocks and force those who do to pay their proceeds back to the American people. It's time to stop turning a blind eye to Washington profiteering."

Sen. Jon Ossoff, a Democrat, introduced a similar bill alongside Sen. Mark Kelly with the intent to ban members of Congress and their families from trading stocks.

"Members of Congress should not be playing the stock market while we make federal policy and have extraordinary access to confidential information," Ossoff said.

On July 21, Pelosi denied that her husband uses information she provides to make stock trades, and she has softened her stance on a congressional stock-trade ban.

In September, Pelosi backed a bill House Democratic leadership advanced that would ban various government officials, including members of Congress, from trading individual stocks. But many government reform groups panned this legislation, and the fate of a congressional stock-trade ban in general remains unclear.

A previous analysis from Insider estimated that the Pelosis are worth at least $46,123,051, making Nancy Pelosi one of the 25 richest members of Congress. The vast majority of the couple's wealth is derived from stocks, options, and investments made by Paul Pelosi.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosi-stock-trades-congress-investments-2022-7

There are endless stories of Pelosi corruption and these are but the tip of the iceberg being only insider trading and stock related, not to mention all the bribery at hand.

But hey we'll get there if need be.

Quote:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/nancy-pelosi-attacks-media-merger-after-big-campaign-donation/

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #28025625 - 10/31/22 05:56 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

In my state,  men just got convicted of trying to kidnap the governor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-are-a-tinderbox-political-violence-is-ramping-up-experts-warn/ar-AA13xta7

There were 9,625 threats against members of Congress and their families last year, according to the Capitol Police — more than twice as many as in 2017. A joint project by the Anti-Defamation League and Princeton University tracked 400 incidents of harassment against local-level election, health and education officials in 43 states from January 2020 until mid-September this year.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #28025752 - 10/31/22 08:45 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
A joint project by the Anti-Defamation League and Princeton University tracked 400 incidents of harassment against local-level election, health and education officials in 43 states from January 2020 until mid-September this year.

Most of that is either covid-, religion-, or gun-based.

Hell,  parents at two of our local podunk schools made violent/death threats towards staff/board-members, all related to wearing masks.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US
Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: Tulipslave]
    #28025938 - 10/31/22 10:55 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Lots of questions coming out today from various sources.

“Why wasn’t there signs of forced entry at Pelosi home?”
“Who was 3rd person who opened door for police?”
“Why was Pelosi holding hammer and attack only happened after police arrived?”
“Where is bodycam/security footage?”
“Why isn’t the press asking these questions?”

Pelosi may have turned this incident into an attempt to get votes for the democrats in the upcoming elections.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #28025945 - 10/31/22 10:58 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

:lol:

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #28025992 - 10/31/22 11:21 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
She says she supports a free market but doesn't bat an eye against insider trading.

Insider trading is not inconsistent with a free market. The whole point of a free market is that it is free from regulation, and you can use any advantage to turn a profit. Including insider information.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #28026002 - 10/31/22 11:30 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Pelosi may have turned this incident into an attempt to get votes for the democrats in the upcoming elections.

Oh fuck off

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offline336
menehune

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #28026139 - 10/31/22 01:07 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Sounds to me like she tried to kill her husband. >_<

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: 336]
    #28026363 - 10/31/22 03:21 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

The DOJ just announced federal attempted kidnapping charges against the pelosi attacker, saying his intent was to kidnap and hold Nancy Pelosi hostage

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: koods] * 1
    #28026381 - 10/31/22 03:30 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Yeah go after the Speaker of the House with a hammer. Seriuosly, everyone is lucky AF this guy was braindead. Also a huge wakeup call for general security of our elected officials. If successful, this would have lead to something x100 as bad.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: SirTripAlot] * 2
    #28026708 - 10/31/22 06:32 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Fortunately, the alt-right isn't known for their critical thinking skills.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: Kryptos]
    #28027203 - 11/01/22 12:33 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

sudly said:

Insider trading is not inconsistent with a free market. The whole point of a free market is that it is free from regulation, and you can use any advantage to turn a profit. Including insider information.

It's using non-public information for private profit.

Quote:

The Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act of 2012 (Pub.L. 112–105 (text) (PDF), S. 2038, 126 Stat. 291, enacted April 4, 2012) is an Act of Congress designed to combat insider trading. It was signed into law by President Barack Obama on April 4, 2012. The law prohibits the use of non-public information for private profit, including insider trading by members of Congress and other government employees.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#28027444 - 11/01/22 06:15 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Not much room for conspiracy theories here

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: koods]
    #28027464 - 11/01/22 06:35 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

what fucking psycho but man does he sound like lots of 'normal people' :uhoh:

i had to fire this guy the other week for attendance and i nearly called the police.

dude started to threaten me because i wouldnt believe his phone was off.. for the 4th time and thats why he was late for the 4th time and im just stupid for not understanding.

a complete detachment from ones own actions where they are helpless to do anything but blame others.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica
Re: Pelosi's husband almost got killed [Re: mushboy]
    #28027468 - 11/01/22 06:40 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

It’s crazy how much some people overestimate their abilities as liars

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #28027508 - 11/01/22 07:42 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

sudly said:

It's using non-public information for private profit.

Quote:

The Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act of 2012 (Pub.L. 112–105 (text) (PDF), S. 2038, 126 Stat. 291, enacted April 4, 2012) is an Act of Congress designed to combat insider trading. It was signed into law by President Barack Obama on April 4, 2012. The law prohibits the use of non-public information for private profit, including insider trading by members of Congress and other government employees.

That sounds like some onerous government regulatory overreach. Par for the course when it comes to Obummer and his socialist gestapo.

If using non-public information for private profit is bad, then the free market will punish it. Because the free market is perfect and balanced.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#28027530 - 11/01/22 08:07 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I read that Stock Act last night, and didn't understand all of it, but one thing understood is that the teeth of it amount to a starting $200 fine, and those who violate are not disclosed.

Looks like a provisions of the orginal Stock Act got gutted, namely accessible public disclosure:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/04/15/statement-press-secretary-s-716

"S. 716, which eliminates the requirement in the STOCK Act to make available on official websites the financial disclosure forms of employees of the executive and legislative branches other than the President, the Vice President, Members of and candidates for Congress, and several specified Presidentially nominated and Senate-confirmed officers; and delays until January 1, 2014, the date by which systems must be developed that enable public access to financial disclosure forms of covered individuals."

----------------------------------------

If you want to find out these discourses, you must go in person to D.C.:

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2013/04/16/177496734/how-congress-quietly-overhauled-its-insider-trading-law

To understand how the law changed, I asked Holman to meet me in the basement of the Cannon House Office Building.

"This is where the public records are kept, for those who can handle traveling to Washington, D.C.," Holman explained.

That's right. If you want to look up the financial disclosure forms filed by high-level congressional staffers — say, to find out whether they've been using the privileges of their positions to make well-timed stock trades — you have to come to this office.

Holman showed me how it works. You have to enter your name and address into a computer, and then you can search. But you have to know the name of the person you are searching for. If he or she has filed a financial disclosure form, it will come up as a PDF, which you can print at a cost of 10 cents a page.

"The database itself is almost meaningless," says Holman. He says the only option for those who want to get a comprehensive look at what some 2,900 staffers have filed is to review the cases one by one. "And that's just too big a job for anybody to do."

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Edited by SirTripAlot (11/01/22 08:08 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder