Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, Toothpaste

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Loc: South Australia
huge loss of potency or huge tolerance?
    #2801448 - 06/17/04 06:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I tripped for the first time in my life on the 14th of June! It was great I had five medium sized subs:

Within half an hour i felt effects and was tripping hours after that. It was a fun visual trip. No long trails or anything but weird 3d and symmetrical look to artwork, morphing of people and objects on the tv, and great looking colourful auras in lights etc, and the patterns i loved the patterns in everything! By far the trippiest thing tho was the liquid motion (breathing walls and all that) of everything. CEV's were brightly coloured but not nearly as interesting as watching my walls breathe and my dog morph.

I had a lot of mushrooms left and figured i should dry them. I had them under my bed between two newspapers and with a fan-heater directed at them medium setting about 1m away.

I dosed again this morning and had much less visual effects despite eating about 2.5 - 3 times as much. It's a funny story actually i had to go to school today, i planned to wake up at 4 and dose then but woke up at 6 and was still tripping at 9:30 when i went to school.

I felt myself start to trip after about 30min, the pattern was starting to appear and colours were brighter etc.. i was getting excited but after about an hour i didn't see the breathing walls the morphing of anything or the cool colour changing 3d images on tv and in artwork even the pattern wasn't really ever there, i was disappointed so went to sleep and had weird freaky half-awake dreams.

In the morning when the light came out i again saw the cool colours in bland white shirts and things like that, my pupils were still huge and i had to go to school.

That was pretty trippy walking around. There were often slight distortions like my toothpaste looking huge and the brush being tiny - just weird size distortions but not the cool fluid movement i fell in love with before.

My questions:
Did I just fry my mushrooms accidentally whilst drying and lose a lot of potency? Did i already have a tolerance and hence less effects? Or is it that dried mushrooms have a less visual effect than fresh ones?
I had much more shrooms but i just felt sick mostly and didn't get much visuals altho it was still a trippy feeling and i had crazy CEV's/dreams.

With the dose i was expecting a good deal of trails and colour distortions, what i mostly got was a trippy feeling walking in school and lots of auditory hallucination, as well as some (trail-ish) slow framerate effect.

Another question, if I store mushrooms in a glass jar, stuff it with paper towels and there is no chance of light penetration, how long will fresh shrooms last?

If u read this far and have any advice i thank you and treat you to the amazing work of the amazing australian surrealist artist, James Gleeson!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: huge loss of potency or huge tolerance? [Re: el_duderino]
    #2801482 - 06/17/04 07:05 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

probably tolerance, you need to wait a while to have optimal effects again.
do you know you have to be 18 to be on this site?

don't go to school tripping, are you crazy?

Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Re: huge loss of potency or huge tolerance? [Re: stefan]
    #2801521 - 06/17/04 07:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hehe yeh I actually AM 18 funnily enough and i realise going to school tripping is really really stupid. Was not my intention. I expected to be at baseline by then. The idea was to dose at 4:00am my stupid head that's used to 24hr time confused 16:00 with 6:00 and i still thought it was 4 :smile:

but you think it was tolerance? this is 3 days after my 1st trip. Another possible explanation is that it was a slow comeup i got disappointed and went to sleep and slept through the peak... maybe.

My hope is that my drying method didn't burn up the psylocybin.
I hear that dry mushies are less visual? Anyone notice that at all? I hope not.

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2801539 - 06/17/04 07:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

could be all factors you mentioned. fresher mushrooms are a pinch more potent, your tolorence was porb still up there, and heat drying prob droped the potency just a pinch. if you still have some wait at least a week and try again.

--------------------

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2802843 - 06/17/04 05:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you heated them, so i blame huge loss of potency. never never never heat your mushies.

--------------------

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: huge loss of potency or huge tolerance? [Re: jux]
    #2803511 - 06/17/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
you heated them, so i blame huge loss of potency. never never never heat your mushies.

Stop spreading wrong information, its obvious you dont know shit.
Anyways, Im pretty sure it was your tolerance, you dosed the day before and then the next morning man, thats pretty stupid, waste of shrooms.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: huge loss of potency or huge tolerance? [Re: Hallucinogen]
    #2803906 - 06/18/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

wtf are you talking about? every single tek out there warns against using heat for drying your shrooms dumb fuck. If you have a reliable source that says otherwise, then show it.

it's obvious that you've never heard of apostrophes...

--------------------

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: huge loss of potency or huge tolerance? [Re: jux]
    #2803973 - 06/18/04 12:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Dude your a retard, poeple dry their shrooms using dehydrators all the time (MOST OF THEM USE HEAT), learn before you spread bullshit fuck face.
I dry my shrooms using a heating dehydrator and they are as potent as ever, dip shit.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Re: huge loss of potency or huge tolerance? [Re: Hallucinogen]
    #2804540 - 06/18/04 04:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

err... dose the next morning?
it was 3 days after. about 66hrs difference (10:30pm 14th june --> 6:30am 17th june).

I know direct heat like a flame or frying pan will destroy the psilocybin but the fan heater was on a medium setting and 1m away, the mushrooms were warm to the touch and dryer. I'm hoping i didn't overheat them. Oh well time to just find some more then!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, Toothpaste

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience