Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Kerry gets elected President............then what? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2803662 - 06/17/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah well... if you are saying that you would prefer that the conditions that would require a revolution should continue just so we can experience revolution, then I disagree.

The removal of the poor conditions that make us angry in the first place would be the first choice IMHO.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2803722 - 06/17/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There's nothing more ineffective than a premature revolution.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Kerry gets elected President............then what? [Re: Learyfan]
    #2805269 - 06/18/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Our choices just ROCK dont THEY?!  :headbang: ....  :smirk:

--------------------
What?

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Kerry gets elected President............then what? [Re: Redo]
    #2806761 - 06/18/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Redo said:
Quote:

JesusChrist said:
Kerry is a liberal. Name the last liberal President that we have had? Clinton was a moderate conservative. Even Jimmy Carter was a Southern Democrat and no liberal. We don't like to elect liberals. Since the age of Reagan, liberals are even embarrassed to admit that they are liberal.

The Democrats should have put Liberman and Zell Miller on the ticket. Howard Dean had a better chance with mainstream America, and he was a hell of a lot more conservative than Kerry.

1) Clinton was not a moderate conservative, rather a moderate liberal is more appropriate.

2) Dean, along with other candidates running for president this year, were further left of Kerry, making Kerry look like a better choice, but in reality he is a very hard core liberal. But to say Kerry is left of Dean, I think, is ridiculous.

Clinton was a moderate, we may be just nitpicking. I think he was more conservative than liberal, and I think he did what he could to shift his whole party to the right. He was very successful with that, but it seems like the last two candidates are dead set in driving the party in the other direction. Clinton talked about "Ending welfare as we know it" and how "The era of big government is over". It would have seemed as if Ronald Reagan had a profound impact on him. Oddly, the Republicans couldn't stand it whenever he agreed with them.

As for Dean, I am no expert on Dean. I heard him speak once. He didn't seem as liberal as people painted him out to be. I didn't agree with him on the War, but he did seem to stress some fiscally conservative values. I could also see why people liked his energy and passion.

I personally think it would be hard to be more liberal than John Kerry. I think that Kerry is a disaster. The only thing that might get him elected is that he is not Geogre Bush. I have yet to meet one person who gets excited at the thought of John Kerry running this country.

This is the greatest nation in the world. We have rugged individualists and dynamic people who innovate in every industry and trade. If you look at the things that fundamentally changed the modern world after the industrial revolution, you come up with things like electricity, cars, phones, planes and such. They all came from Americans. It has to be asked, with all this talent, why can't we get better candidates for the office of President?

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Kerry gets elected President............then what? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #2807442 - 06/18/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

An interesting appraisal of the 2004 democratic canidates as well as a couple other people (including Bush) can be found HERE.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2811267 - 06/20/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Regardless i think the bottom line is the fact that most people in america are not really ready for a "revolution". I think they are too stuck. If somehow you mean that by bushs re election would spawn some sort of rebellion in the hearts of many americans, than you could be right.

But there are just too many "lazy americans"... imo :laugh: ... either that or... we have very limited options for moving our system around... given the circumstances.

--------------------
What?

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry gets elected President............then what? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2811282 - 06/20/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

We're not even remotely close to a revolution. The VAST majority of people voting against Bush are Democrats who, though they would be greatly taken aback by such an accusation, want exactly what he is giving...bigger government. The fact that they would trade an increase of the initiation of force abroad for an increase of the initiation of force at home, does not make them any less evil than Bush or the Republicans. No folks, it will be a while yet before we have such a revolution and this will be predecated upon a nation-wide paradigm shift. I only hope this revolution will result in a restoration of Constitutional America and not something else

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order