Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

An Interesting Link On OBEs
    #2800759 - 06/16/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.rotten.com/library/occult/astral-projection/

The whole page is on more than just astral projection, and it goes into near death experinces and out of body experinces. The most interesting part of it, is that the writter takes the "spirtual" interpertations as not necessarly rubish, but rather tries to offer some very sound scientific approaches to explain them (many of which have been described on this board, IE the DMT theory and lack of oxygen).

I like that approach best. Certainly a persons' OBE experince could be "real" in that they actually experince it, but not necessarily a physically visting a real place. I really don't know what the truth is, but it's very interesting to read and think about.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: An Interesting Link On OBEs [Re: Twirling]
    #2800778 - 06/16/04 11:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Rotten.com surprisingly has some GREAT write-ups on different historical figures. That includes Terrance McKenna & Timmothy Leary.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/mad-science/terence-mckenna/
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/mad-science/timothy-leary/

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology