Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
What I believe
    #2800254 - 06/16/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

People keep asking Swami what he believes when it becomes clear that he doesn't believe in elves or dragons or astral projection or lady salvia. I agree 99% with what he's said in all of his posts and I agree that that's a stupid question. But sometimes answering stupid questions can give interesting answers, so I decided to answer that question myself. if anyone wants to followup with what they believe, feel free.

I believe in the beauty I feel when my house smells like summer that first time each spring.

I believe it when Jim Morrison says "No eternal reward will forgive us for now wasting the dawn."

I believe that Jesus (if that was his real name), as described in the New Testiment, said a lot of important things.

I believe Nietszche, that the best any of us can do is to strive to make our lives art in contrast with suffering and dullness.

I believe that when I dream about the future, I cry, whether out of sadness or joy I can't tell.

I believe that all I can ever hope for is to be happy every second, and to spend every second not in fear of the next or sorrow at the passing of the last, but in joy of the present. I also believe this is harder than it sounds.

I believe in a reality beyond magic and fantasy. I believe the internet surpases any "miracles" that could have been imagined for our future, and provides us with a resource and medium beyond anyone's dreams.

I believe in _dreams_. I believe I can wake up happy or sad or lonely or even in love, and I believe what I dream can inspire and haunt me every day, whether it be a sleeping dream or a waking one.

I don't believe in karma. I believe that I don't need to be bribed into doing what I feel is right, or punished into what I feel is wrong. Instead, I _know_ that when I do something right, I feel good, and feel peace, and don't feel conflicted.

I don't believe in Lady Salvia or the spirit of the shroom (o0o0o0o0o!!!! Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!) I believe that my brain is the most complex thing of its size in the known universe, and that it is full of surprises. I believe that I understand people in a new light when I'm shrooming, not because I can read their minds, but because I can more fully appriciate their movements, gestures, expressions and actions. I believe that I can learn from psychadelics, not because some fairy or someone's slipping me a cheat sheet, but because looking at things differently is sometimes all you need to solve a puzzle (How easy would Einstein's riddle have been with more or different clues?)

I believe in elves (Okay, I lied above), but I don't believe in them stuffing my stocking on Christmas or hiding inside DMT pipes. I believe that dreams and art and fantasy can sometimes be more moving than reality, and I believe trying to imagine the unimaginable is a lot more awe inspiring than any little imp under my bed could be.

I believe in _people_. I believe we're all complex enough to sin without devils and fly without angels. I believe that things are infinately more beautiful when an imperfect human tries at the unspeakable and captures it for an instant, in a sentance or poem or sound, than anything any god or alien could hand me.

Most importantly, I believe in me. I believe I have the power to change my own life. I believe I have the empathy to develop my own morals. I believe I have the strength to overcome tragedy. I believe I have the peace to accept death. I believe I have the will to chase my dreams. I believe that I'd rather try and fail at any of the above than have it handed to me in the slightest by anyone else.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What I believe [Re: ferago2]
    #2801007 - 06/17/04 01:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Very nice.  Especially the last sentence.    :thumbup:

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Male User Gallery
Re: What I believe [Re: ferago2]
    #2801020 - 06/17/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I beleive there is a meaning for our existence on this earth that goes beyond the life we live in the pysical.

I beleive in right and wrong
I beleive in god
I beleive in spirits
I beleive in evolution

Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: What I believe [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2801096 - 06/17/04 02:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I believe in the infinite beauty and diversity of creation

I believe in the unlimited human potential

I believe in peace, love and universal friendship

I believe anything is possible.

I believe things can work out well for us all.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology