Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLight
Stranger
Migraine induced by psilocybe....
    #2799050 - 06/16/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok first of all I would like to state that I should be talking to a neurologist about this, but I thougth it would be worth posting something here about my experience.

On May the 15 2004, I consumed 5 grams of what was described as "Mexicana Original Truffles (philisopher's stones)" and 10 grams of "mexicana mushrooms" purchased legally from www.potseeds.co.uk. I have been informed from #shroomery that this naming may be innacurate. This mixture was fresh, and was chewed thoroughly before swallowing - it was taken with plenty of water also.

Now around 1 hour+ after this ingestion, I began to feel an awful headache, which felt pulsating. This continued throughout the experience, and although the experience as a whole was intensive / very interesting, the headache was extremely nasty. It felt like pulsating blood (at the back right of the head), at times like a corckscrew being twisted into the head. I noticed that opening the window seemed to relieve my pain somewhat, and I felt a particular part of my brain was not receiving oxygen. This headache lasted until I fell asleep at around 2-3 AM. (Ingestion was around 6PM the previous day).

9th June 2004 :

Now all was well until, I recently ( at work had a rather awful migraine (EXACTLY the same pain, same place in the head), which followed visual distortions, anxiety, nervousness etc... (classic migraine symptoms - it came on in stages and I had many 'warning signs' before the onset of the main head pains which were absolutely awful. Now this migraine lasted for days Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun (the throbbing pain in the back of the head) - though it seemed to be diminishing. The time at which this 'migraine attack' occured was rather unfortunate and occured just before my friends and I had decided to 'do more shrooms'.

14th June:
My headache from the previous wednesday had really dulled down, and infact I couldn't feel anything before ingestion.

I took 50/3 grams of the same 'mexicana truffles' ordered from potseeds.co.uk... One of my friends puked up whilst eating them, and just COULD NOT eat any substantial dosage. My other friend was violently sick, during the trip but felt much better...

I was not sick at all, and the trip was absolutely mind blowing EXCEPT for the fact that I got much the same head pains as I got the first time with the magic mushrooms (and all head pain which had been 'diminshing' from wednesday's migraine attack returned !!!). This occured in the same way as before, with certain 'spikes' of head pain occuring just before altered perception occured (almost as if I would get a head pain, then look around and things would be slightly different ) - perhaps just before what is described as a wave.

Now I am personally confident that the reason I got an intensive headache during that trip, was not just because I allready had a degree of head pain before ingestion. I have read that Psilocybe causes 'VASOCONSTRICTION' which is a constricting of blood vessels. I am concerned about two things :

1. Magic Mushrooms Cause Nasty Headaches for me, which I am putting down to 'vasoconstriction' for now.

2. The headache lasts beyond the trip itself, (on the 15th Of June I had to take IBUPROFEN and lie down because the pain was so bad) - and in the case shown above, the migraine occured a month after the intoxication....

I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter, as well as any similar findings. I am especially concerned that intensive constricting of blood vessels in the brain could alter blood flow to such an extent that cells were being deprived of blood and therefore oxygen - causing brain damage.

In particular I would like responses answering these questions :

1. Could all this be put down to me having a particularly 'thin' blood vessel in my head, meaning the vasoconstriction is much more apparant ?

2. Should I stop taking shrooms altogether ?

3. Should I be worried about these head pains, esp. seeing as I got a headache one month after intoxication / may continue to get similar head pains (will keep you posted on this)...

Both of my friends do not receive these head pains whatsoever, and I have not found little on the net about magic mushrooms + headaches - ironically only stuff about shrooms being used to 'treat migraines !?!?!'.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Migraine induced by psilocybe.... [Re: Light]
    #2799096 - 06/16/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It is time for a break from fungus.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2799719 - 06/16/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I believe mushrooms and lsd can be used to stop a cluster headache cycle which is different then a migrane. Ive had some bad headaches on the come downs on mushrooms and lsd, but they never persisted and for me seamed mostly to be psychological because distracting my self would make them go away.

I would suggest not worrying about it and take a break from psychadelics. Other then that i do not know what to tell you.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2800856 - 06/16/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_medical1.shtml

Talking flowers, barking trees, magic mushrooms, people shrinking to tiny sizes and stretching to great heights?not all of these events came purely from Lewis Carroll?s imagination. According to some experts, the creator of Alice in Wonderland drew on his experiences with migraines?a form of severe headache?to help create some of that fantasy world.

Today, many neurologists use the term "Alice in Wonderland syndrome" when referring to the visual disturbances and hallucinations that can be part of migraine aura, the neurologic churning that can occur before migraine onset and affect vision in very odd ways. "Many of the descriptions conjured for Carroll?s stories were based on classic migraine experiences," says Cleveland Clinic neurologist Mary Ann Mays, M.D. "Only a person who had experienced these phenomena would be able to describe them."

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/3200/3266.asp?index=11253

--------------------

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2801460 - 06/17/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

on 2 different times i have taken .5 dry grams of p cubensis when i felt a true migraine coming on. and both times it stoped them.
truely is strange that they induce them for you.

i would take everyones advice and halt the hallucinogens for a while. if and when you feel ready to try them again dont even worry about your headaches, it could be brought on mentaly then. good luck finding your answer i am really sorry you cannot do such things as mushrooms because of this. :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2802071 - 06/17/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Very difficult question to answer. Most people don't get headaches from shrooms. Obviously if you getting headaches every time you trip it could be time to take a break for a while. Perhaps try getting some growbox's with another type of shroom in and giving those a try.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2802144 - 06/17/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What are the chances for contamination in this case? Your friends were violently ill, which is uncommon... especially for two people. You didn't vomit, but got massive migraines, which is another form of violently ill. I have a friend that uses shrooms to combat cluster headaches... she swears by them; that they have saved her life. Granted, each of us is different...

There could also be an underlying medical condition which is causing your symptoms. The mushrooms may have nothing at all to do with it... just coincidence... or they might be causing the underlying problem to flair up. This might be something to consult with a doctor.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineLight
Stranger
Re: Migraine induced by psilocybe.... [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2802857 - 06/17/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How would I know if they were contaiminated ? They weren't um, furry or anything !

Interesting about the underlying medical condition - brain anneurysm ? tumour ? abnormally thin blood vessel ? I will try and pluck up the courage to tell my doctor about the shrooms - but he'll prolly not know much about them, and suspect my migraines are solely the result of the intoxication...

OfflineLight
Stranger
    #2803054 - 06/17/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Actually now you come to mention it, (and now I have looked up http://www.psychedelic.com/contamination_info.htm ), if my truffles WERE contaminated I think it would be the Fungus Gnats as I do remember flies buzzing around inside the cup I used to store some remaining after ingestion... could these have been eggs which hatched after the truffles had been in the fridge ?? I also remember seeing what looked like a dead curled up fly inside the cup, but at the time I thought it was merely just something that "LOOKED LIKE" one... now I come to think of it those flies going buzzing around seemed a little abnormal...

Am I just being paranoid ? If these were fungus gnats would this explain everything ? Would the intoxication be fatal ? Could a reuptable source like www.potseeds.co.uk sell 2 batches of contaminated truffles ?

OfflineStaypuft
Floyd Fanatic
Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2803545 - 06/17/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

everytime i have eaten shrooms, i have a great trip but when i fall asleep 8 hours later then wake up, i get the WORST headache of my life. I hate that headache.

--------------------
The gnomes have found a new way to say hooooray.
How do you feel?

OfflineLight
Stranger
Re: Migraine induced by psilocybe.... [Re: Staypuft]
    #2806774 - 06/18/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Comon surely someone knows a little about this...

Invisiblenotahippy
Strange
    #2806993 - 06/18/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok first post. I take these shroomies to kill off my cluster headaches. And i do get a little bit of a headache after for the next day or two, but nothing compared to a full blown attack. Vasoconstriction actually helps headpain. Most migraine medicine is just a shitload of caffeine and a painkiller. The caffeine causes vasoconstriction. I think you might have some sort of latent migraine/ cluster headache problem and the psilocybin is taking a go at it. just take it easy with them i guess. Does smoking weed give you headaches too? That can really set off clusters/migraines.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2808061 - 06/19/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure how poisnous fungus gnats are tho - I'd expect you could eat quite a few before they gave you a headache.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Migraine induced by psilocybe.... [Re: Xlea321]
    #4487424 - 08/02/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What you're feeling is probably not a migraine. Probably a headache on the other side of the spectrum.

--------------------
Manitou

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag