Home | Community | Message Board

Maine Cap N Stem
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
OfflineStaticshox
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Staticshox]
    #27896757 - 08/10/22 09:47 AM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Should field capacity be reached before or after adding the BRF?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWamailusi
Entropy
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: LtLurker]
    #27897071 - 08/10/22 05:35 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Quote:

WyoMX said:

The bigger jars you posted won't work that well if your intending on doing cakes as they both have lips that would make the cake impossible to get out. The small ones will work though.

And for the lids it depends if you wanna do cakes or grains. If doing grains which you would want a pc for then you can use the polyfill lid tek which is what I use and love. You could use it for brf cakes as well but it would make it harder to inoculate all sides of the jar. When it comes to inoculation alot of people prefer to go on the side like you asked about but I've also seen people who only inoculate into the very middle of the cake and have had success as well.

As for questions 4 and 5 you want to use as little spore solution as possible basically. Each drop contains 100's or 1000's of spores and the more solution you use the more likely you are to get contam like bacteria since no spores are really clean from the beginning. Best way to store them is to put the cap back on the needle then store them in a cool mostly dark place. Some people use a fridge some people put them in there dresser drawer and both are OK. When you use it after storage treat it the same as you would by flaming the needle to sterilize it then once it's cool inoculate away.

#6 I'm not familiar with vermicomposting so someone else may have to chime in on that one.

Thanks and appreciated.

Quote:

LtLurker said:

1) Grain jars only need 1 hole for the GE.
2) With a single inoculation point, it's probably most effective to go for the center. This way growth can continue in all directions and not stopped by glass.
3) They are grain jar lids. IDK what you think is alternative about them?
4) With a spore syringe, less is best. They all contain some amount of contams, so less liquid means less chance of contam. I suggest single drop per hole in a standard brf jar, most guides write 1/4cc since most people want a measurement to aim for.
5) Somewhere clean with the lock cap on, not the needle or capped needle.
6) Any compost or burying is fine. It's not unusual to get some outdoor shrooms from tossed cakes.
7) The half pints are perfect for typical brf jars. The tall one will work, but you will want to use a grain jar style lid, only fill it about half way, and yes it will be a pain to harvest a top fruit from it but you can also easily cut out the cake and put the spawn in another container that'll be easier to harvest from and re-use the jar sooner.
Here is a write up from when I was working with some pint jars and practicing agar before i got my pc to do grains properly. This may be helpful to you. https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25110988
8) spend the 30-40 bucks on a cheap dehydrator. It's the best way to ensure proper drying. An oven is firstly dangerous. Secondly it's gonna make you either want to rush and under dry your shrooms(water weight makes dosage inaccurate and can go bad in storage), or burn them and ruin them that way.

Thank you.

Referred to Bod's easy polyfil lid TEK as an alternative, cause lids seen prior to this method used either, 2 hole gas exchange or the brf 4 hole.

--------------------
Who gives the king authority?

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Wamailusi]
    #27897455 - 08/10/22 10:49 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Interesting. Its probably just the lid designs you happened to pull up first. The majority grain lids just use a single hole for ge.

Offlinenowayjose7
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Wamailusi]
    #27911262 - 08/20/22 09:51 PM (5 months, 16 days ago)

First timer here, going to start the process tomorrow when my Pressure Cooker arrives.

Question on after I sterilize the jars and I let it cool to room temperature.  How long is that usually? Like 24 hours? 

Also when its cooling to room temperature, do I leave the aluminum foil covers on the jars or take them off?

Do I need to be concerned where they cool down?  Just on a shelf anywhere OK?

OfflineScrewup
Necro poster killer

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: nowayjose7]
    #27911271 - 08/20/22 09:56 PM (5 months, 16 days ago)

My jars cool down in hours. Depending on what you use PFTEK or grains I would assume they are cooled by 4-6 hours. Do your jars have filters or dry layer verm on them? If yes/no either way you can leave the foil on. Cool then down anywhere. On your crotch if you feel like.

OfflineStaticshox
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Screwup]
    #27911732 - 08/21/22 04:07 AM (5 months, 15 days ago)

Soon I will be birthing my cakes, rinsing them, skipping the dunk, And sticking back into the jars for the fruiting period with baggies on top.

How much new verm do I put on top?
do I mist the new verm right away?
How wet should I make the new verm layer ?

Ty so much

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Staticshox]
    #27929563 - 09/02/22 04:17 AM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Staticshox said:
Soon I will be birthing my cakes, rinsing them, skipping the dunk, And sticking back into the jars for the fruiting period with baggies on top.

How much new verm do I put on top?
do I mist the new verm right away?
How wet should I make the new verm layer ?

Ty so much

Just soak the hell out of it then squeeze out the excess. You don't need to be at all careful with verm. Just wash you hands.

--------------------
Balance in life is like running on ice.

LAGM 2023 or watch Psycho grow a ton of bacteria

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Offlinenowayjose7
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27930985 - 09/03/22 02:25 AM (5 months, 2 days ago)

After you inoculate, do you need to put something like micro-spore tape back over the the holes?  Or do you leave those holes open to the air?

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: nowayjose7]
    #27933135 - 09/04/22 03:05 PM (5 months, 1 day ago)

No need for tape, the dry verm layer ontop serves the same purpose

--------------------
Balance in life is like running on ice.

LAGM 2023 or watch Psycho grow a ton of bacteria

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

OfflineAbgal
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27994430 - 10/12/22 05:49 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Thank you! I’ve used this (or a similar) method a long ago and my only jar turned out well. Just getting back into it again now that I’m back in a legal area

OfflineSkee87
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #28094856 - 12/13/22 02:20 AM (1 month, 25 days ago)

Hey,Thanks for this.
I bought 2 big bags of popcorn kernals, i got a big bag of organic vermiculite,two bricks of coir,12 pack of 1 oz jars,4 syringes.. Im kind of low on money at this point. I was going to get a used pressure cooker but it fell through. I would have to wait a week before i could get enough money to buy one new.I dont really want to wait. It sounds like contamination happens easily but  surely there is a way without a pressure cooker,so here i am now. I will be reading through all of this information tonight&Im sure I will have a lot of questions along the way. Thanks for posting this, this looks to be a pretty cool community.

OfflineSkee87
Stranger
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Skee87]
    #28094901 - 12/13/22 02:52 AM (1 month, 25 days ago)

What have you guys heard about the popcorn kernal method?

Invisiblealexhustler12
alexhustler12
I'm a teapot
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #28158846 - 01/27/23 03:28 AM (11 days, 19 hours ago)

im really new to this all, this post really helped me get a better understanding of what the process really looks like. thank you for this!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates