Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Oh it hurts*updated with farmer joe's shrooms!*pics
    #2799158 - 06/16/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

......man, I think Im gonna go postal! today(6/16) I went out on a mushroom hunt, hopped in a field I was told about, roamed around, found some non actives(maybe?) but nothing to fit my fancy! bastards!  So I got back in my car and drove around a bit checking out local fields(its my first "real" summer here in florida), and what do you know, a field about the size of half a football field(50 yards numnuts!) was loaded!(I could easily see them going by at 55 mph, thats how many there were!)
So after getting all antsy, I calmed down(I nearly shat in my pants from the excitement!........not funny) and turned around to get a feel for the area.  Well, what i didnt see going one way(I was distracted!!!) I did see coming back....a Cop, directly across the street from the field about 20 yards in, talking to a neighbor. They were both looking directly at the field! like they knew that this field was loaded and someone was gonna hop the fence and get some. 
Now, I know when to trust my instincts, and this is one of the times that I am going to for sure, but why! WHY!?!?!? its the only field that I have come across that actually had something, and Officer Oink Oink had to be sitting there at 6:30 in the morning talking to farmer Joe! 

I have an undesirable urge to go back there real early this coming morning to collect my dues(hehe), but I am too scared to get caught or shot.  how the hell do you people *gain enough confidence to* go out on a field knowing that Officer Oink Oink, or Farmer Joe aint gonna get ya? because If you actually knew that you were going to get caught I would doubt that you would go out anyway.(yeah, im a dork) 
I am in no way shape or form going to eat these so give it your best shot at ID'ing these funky fungi. thanks y'all!
heres the pics.......

All of todays findings:
http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StoneAliceGarden/allfirst.jpg

These I found growing all over the place on dead sticks lying next to dung:
http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StoneAliceGarden/non.jpg

Here is THE ONLY fungi that I found growing ON a cow pattie(very small):
I saw this puff ball growing on the side of the road next to a cow field so I pulled over to investigate, I hope I dont die from touching this thing! :grin: :

I am rather curious as to what these are.
Give it your best shot.

Edited by MadSeasonAbove (07/13/10 09:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Oh it hurts [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #2799178 - 06/16/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yo man where in florida do you live? id love to go pick them for u :laugh:

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

#2799203 - 06/16/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hehe...about 100 miles south of Tampa)

Edited by MadSeasonAbove (06/25/04 02:44 PM)

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: Oh it hurts [Re: ]
    #2799442 - 06/16/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

let me know how the ass whoopin feels.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Re: Oh it hurts [Re: mycoguy]
    #2799512 - 06/16/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mycoguy said:
let me know how the ass whoopin feels.

Will do... :wink:

OfflineOoze
Oozalicious

Loc: FL
    #2799749 - 06/16/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Never fear, if your instincts never tell you going on this field is a good idea, then im sure you will find one that they will. If mushrooms are there, then they are in other fields in your area. Keep searching and hopefully you will come across some. Dont forget to post pics of your first find....looking forward to them.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2800431 - 06/16/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'd pay someone in hard cash to go do it for you. I used to shroom with a buddy who would do things like this. We stopped the last time things didn't go so well and he got chased down by an ATV at 10:30 at night. Always saved me a lot of work and I never actually trespassed so I wasn't in any danger even if he ratted me out. Take dudeman up on his offer- and on a side note- I always wondered if that was mycoguy in that pic. Now I know- guess that is a recent addition. There's my ingrained discriminatory nature poking its curious head out again.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #2800543 - 06/16/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you're a nicely dressed, nonpericed, normal hair color kind of guy, you might want to just ask the farmer for permission. You could try making up some BS reason why you'd like to check the land, but he'll probably know what you're up to. I'd just knock on his door and ask him "Would you mind if I walked on your land to pick some mushrooms? I promise to respect your field and not harm your cows."

Worth a shot. Worst that could happen is he says "No, now get off my property you damn teenager."

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: Gumby]
    #2800591 - 06/16/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

what he said. IT does work sometimes- they don't like secrets and think that only kids keep secrets. If you're young it won't work for shit though. Being arrested is horrible and makes you angry at things. Just find another field or get up the nerve to do what that bright fellow above me suggested. Also sometimes they grow real close to the edge of the field so wait till some other time, do a perimeter sweep and get the fuck out within thirty seconds- you can almost not even be caught at this- they won't have time to get out the door and you'll be back in the car and off.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2800642 - 06/16/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

" you can almost not even be caught at this- they won't have time to get out the door and you'll be back in the car and off.
"

could be risky, but if I was SURE these were actives, I would do it..

how sure are you that they are active? just because the cops and farmer were talking about them does not mean they are psilocibin, what do they know?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2801634 - 06/17/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If you're a nicely dressed, nonpericed, normal hair color kind of guy, you might want to just ask the farmer for permission. You could try making up some BS reason why you'd like to check the land, but he'll probably know what you're up to. I'd just knock on his door and ask him "Would you mind if I walked on your land to pick some mushrooms? I promise to respect your field and not harm your cows."

Worth a shot. Worst that could happen is he says "No, now get off my property you damn teenager."

Yeah, and if he turns you away like that then pull 20 dollars out of your pocket and say i'll only be an hour or two.

And if he still turns you away like that then you turn shroom_wizard on the dude. Tell him that there are shrooms in his field, and that you're going to pick them no-matter what he cares, if not for $20's than for free in the middle of the night wearing dark black clothes so he can't see you, all sneaky.. lol see what the farmer says then.

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2802098 - 06/17/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks yall
Quote:

superblingtheory said:
We stopped the last time things didn't go so well and he got chased down by an ATV at 10:30 at night.  Always saved me a lot of work and I never actually trespassed so I wasn't in any danger even if he ratted me out.

hehehe...see thats what im afraid of

Quote:

GumbyDude said:

HA! I have thought of this, but I guess I should get rid of the hippie look before I try huh?(full beard) :P
I actually KNOW about three people that have their own cow pasture, and they all kinda shyed away when I asked if I could go on their land.  selfish farmers! and yes, I have offered money.   
Quote:

superblingtheory said:
Also sometimes they grow real close to the edge of the field so wait till some other time, do a perimeter sweep and get the fuck out within thirty seconds

This isnt half bad, but I have to be real calm, not running around like a madman(yes, if I did that, I would be a madman!)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
And if he still turns you away like that then you turn shroom_wizard on the dude. Tell him that there are shrooms in his field, and that you're going to pick them no-matter what he cares, if not for $20's than for free in the middle of the night wearing dark black clothes so he can't see you, all sneaky.. lol see what the farmer says then.

LMAO...I guess I could hit him over the head with a iron pan, at that time, I would be free to get as much fungi as I wanted(until he comes too and gets his shotgun):thumbup:

Edited by MadSeasonAbove (06/17/04 01:26 PM)

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2802112 - 06/17/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
how sure are you that they are active? just because the cops and farmer were talking about them does not mean they are psilocibin, what do they know?

Im pretty sure, infact, I got some local guy early this morning to go over there and check it out.  I dropped him off and in 20 minutes he was back with some lovelys....he said he couldnt find that many, but he also said he was eating them while he was out there....lol
heres a few pics of what I was able to bring back.
the guy only picked the caps, so hopefully you all can still ID.

Edited by MadSeasonAbove (07/13/10 09:14 AM)

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2802148 - 06/17/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sure do.  Nice finds.  Now go back and get the stems  :wink:

Peace

--------------------

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: @cro]
    #2802325 - 06/17/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

@cro said:
Now go back and get the stems  :wink:

Thats gonna be a tough task! :stoned: :nut:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2802332 - 06/17/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The white one isn't active. It looks like Panaeolus antillarium.

The others *look* like cubensis(bluing on middle one confirms it) but you'd want to take a spore print just to be sure. That middle one looks like it might be rotting, I'd be weary about eating that one.

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

#2802369 - 06/17/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

^^Is it possible to take a print if somewhat dried?
*feels like such a nOOb
-J

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2802493 - 06/17/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, you're right.  I guess I should have looked at all the pics first  :blush:
Probably won't be able to but try rehydrating it.  Put a couple drops of water on the cap and put the cap under a glass.  Check the next day.

Peace

--------------------

Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: Oh it hurts*now with pics* [Re: @cro]
    #2802579 - 06/17/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

just go busting some caps in the fools! nah i dunno. gumbydude had the best way to deal with it. or just go anyways without asking the farmer, cow feilds are so huge, not anyone would even be in sight. whatever you want to do.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #2805594 - 06/18/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the white one looks like a fatass copelandia and they are very much active,i have found many here in louisiana that same size

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order