Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Does anyone have problems with ADD/ADHD etc. whil [Re: Tannis]
    #511435 - 01/05/02 07:46 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks. Cause I thought you were implying that I was some kind of "special" guy.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: Does anyone have problems with ADD/ADHD etc. whil [Re: trendal]
    #512982 - 01/07/02 07:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Trendal---

I enjoy your post. You have really cool insights... You are "special" when it comes to that---just not "special-ed" if you know what I mean... ...Tannis

Does anyone remember where we parked?

"It's hard to meditate when you're on ampthamines..."
---Joe Walsh

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #513025 - 01/07/02 09:06 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

*laughs*

Thanks, Tannis.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineStretto
Stranger
Re: Does anyone have problems with ADD/ADHD etc. whil [Re: trendal]
    #24847461 - 12/15/17 09:51 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I am considered "gifted" intellectually, and I am suspected of having ADD (although I'm not on any scrips right now).
<br>
<br>It takes extremely small doses of ANYTHING to put me through the roof, with the exception of pain killers. So you may be on to something here.
<br>
<br>Side note: does anyone else with a really high pain tolerance notice that it takes 2x-3x the dose of pain killers to have any effect? I have a rather high pain tolerance (once broke my arm, major break, and still went skiing every day for two weeks before going to the hospital. also broke my ankle last year, never did get a cast) and seem to have a high tolerance to pain killers. Anyone else experience this?

I might have ADD like symptoms. Seems worse on extended use of weed... Basically I need to stimulated constantly, usually it is doing things that are interesting to me. Basically I get off on tangents easy. I think it's normal and probably habitual from doing a wide variety of things. Never been diagnosed and never took anything for it. I do not know if weed makes it worse or if weed just makes me aware(I think it makes me worse because it feels like my brain/ideas becomes hyper connected and I see all these new ways things I know are connected and it becomes very interesting and I just can't help but investigate them).

But opioids do nothing for me. I can take 10 365 HC's(CWE) and I just feel a slight body relaxation(usually more nauseated than anything). My dad would only take about 1/2 and says it would just about put him on his ass. I've never done much opioids though nor many drugs(mainly weed, LSD, shrooms).

I used to have a relatively high pain tolerance compared to the average, I suppose. Not like those people who do not feel pain, I feel it but I think I was able to more mentally block it out(I did martial arts and I imagine that mentality is where it comes from). Recently I got a another kidney stone and either it was particular worse than the others(which were a bitch but I was able to manage) or I've kinda just given up with it because it as terrible and I was pretty much throwing in the towel(whining like a little baby). I think it was more mental(not that the pain wasn't terrible, but pain is pain) because it was so bad I thought I was dying. I knew it was a stone, but I was starting to believe that something seriously was wrong and since my dad lost his kidney to a stone I thought maybe it was something like that or worse... so I'm sure that didn't help with the pain but amplified it.

I think we are all different and we are told we are similar so we tend to believe it. But there are so many factors involved(billions) that nothing is really all that predictable. If you really imagine how different people are(from what they eat in the morning to what they used to brush their teeth, to the types of drugs they took as a child, etc) it's really staggering the differences... and any single one factor could change everything. (e.g., you've been using some toothpaste with some chemical in it, you have a certain excess of chemical in your body due to a genetic difference, and you like to eat bananas and all that causes you to be resistant to opioids, or some shit like that... no doctor could figure that out.. they just go off the statistical bell curve)

OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24848382 - 12/15/17 05:23 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

p
Quote:

Tannis said:
The undeveloped part of the brain I mentioned was the frontal lobes.  They don't develop completely until the late 20's or mid 30's.  This does not "cause" ADD or ADHD but can be an added risk factor when an individual with ADD or ADHD introduces drugs into the brain chemistry.  People with ADD or ADHD do not have the "condition" (or whatever you want to call it) because of undeveloped brains, they have normal brains that function differently.
<br>
<br>The original question had to do with why drugs seem to have different effects on the author and he stated he was ADD and wondered if this had anything to do with it.
<br>
<br>for clarification....Tannis

Fuck I wish I read this ten years ago.

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Link List

Most teks have too much bullshit. These methods by bod do not.

OfflineLadyKat
Newb
Female

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Does anyone have problems with ADD/ADHD etc. whil [Re: EndlessJourney]
    #27983450 - 10/05/22 07:39 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I'm 52 and just found out that I'm also ADHD but I tried some shrooms for the first time in years over the weekend and didn't have much of a reaction.  I took about 2.5 - 3 g of penis envy made into tea with lemon, which is recommended to be more intense.  I pretty much just got more chill, talkative and focused than usual.  What I really wanted was an epiphany of some sort.

I'll wait for a few weeks and try again.  I also want to try micro-dosing to see if I have better results than stimulant meds.  I'm on Vyvanse and honestly don't really think it's doing anything.

Interestingly enough, I seem to have adverse reactions to substances that are supposed to make you drowsy like Nyquil, Benadryl, over the counter sleep products, Gravol, and prescription muscle relaxants.  They all make me "twitchy", like restless leg syndrome.  It's so annoying.  I don't know if that's ADHD related, but it's entirely plausible in my mind.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom