Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

isolated strains
    #2798325 - 06/16/04 10:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

is thehawkseye the only one with isolated spore strains

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: isolated strains [Re: onetime]
    #2798763 - 06/16/04 01:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

,isolated what now?

what is an isolated strain?

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: isolated strains [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2798883 - 06/16/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i didnt think isolated was in spore form. I thought it was in culture form. starting from spore go's back to the general genes of the fungi.

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: isolated strains *DELETED* [Re: onetime]
    #2799296 - 06/16/04 03:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: isolated strains [Re: freakygurl]
    #2799656 - 06/16/04 05:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well there not like any others the hawkseye had something speical there but i think that if you get spores from isolates there a bit better than your agerage spore i would think

--------------------

See?
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: isolated strains [Re: onetime]
    #2799864 - 06/16/04 06:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hawks Eye does a very good job of telling you weather the spores you buy will be close to wild, or from an isolated substrain.

Koh Samui is close to wild (3rd gen... I believe), Koh Samui Super Strain comes from an isolated Koh Samui substrain. Is it really a SUPER strain? No... but it is more domesticated.

Hawks' PE and PESH are spores from isolated substrains of some of Hawks favorite spores. So, he got a strain, worked with it... printed it, saw that the spores looked similar to the isolated substrain, and sold them as his own version.

I am quite pleased with how different Hawk's spores look under the microscope. Each type of cube shows unique cheracteristics... much like you would expect from the pictures.

You know what you get with Hawk. He sells nearly wild prints, if cultivation is legal where you live, you'd see wild prints can vary greatly with multispore inoculations, but you can do more work with them on agar. If you use more domesticated spores... they won't have as much variety on agar, but they will likely give more consistant results if you are using a multispore injection.

Got it?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: isolated strains [Re: Rose]
    #2800103 - 06/16/04 08:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i wish i could type what i ment thanks for the help cerv you knew what i was talking about i need to save money and take some english clases

--------------------

See?

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: isolated strains [Re: Rose]
    #2801023 - 06/17/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Hawks Eye does a very good job of telling you weather the spores you buy will be close to wild, or from an isolated substrain.

Koh Samui is close to wild (3rd gen... I believe), Koh Samui Super Strain comes from an isolated Koh Samui substrain. Is it really a SUPER strain? No... but it is more domesticated.

Hawks' PE and PESH are spores from isolated substrains of some of Hawks favorite spores. So, he got a strain, worked with it... printed it, saw that the spores looked similar to the isolated substrain, and sold them as his own version.

I am quite pleased with how different Hawk's spores look under the microscope. Each type of cube shows unique cheracteristics... much like you would expect from the pictures.

You know what you get with Hawk. He sells nearly wild prints, if cultivation is legal where you live, you'd see wild prints can vary greatly with multispore inoculations, but you can do more work with them on agar. If you use more domesticated spores... they won't have as much variety on agar, but they will likely give more consistant results if you are using a multispore injection.

Got it?

Just so you know Cervantes, TLG also had complete detailed descriptions of the origin and growing paramaters of it's strains but we found it prudent to remove these descriptions after the PF fiasco.

Sporeworks is also quite aware of where their spores derived.

It would be a nice fantasy world to believe only one vendor is knowledgeable to do things correctly but that's just not the case.

Unfortunately, post PF bust has curtailed our ability to express ourselves in an effective manner.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: isolated strains [Re: boxtop703]
    #2801056 - 06/17/04 01:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I wish I'd had a chance to read it all... before it went away box.

Oh, I forgot to say, most vendors sell spores from isolated substrain. Hawk is just the only one who still has lengthy descriptions.

TLG rocks, I didn't mean to sound like Hawk was the only vendor to sell spores from isolated substrains... or relatively wild prints for that matter.

A simple search of the shroomery will show you the history of most spores on the market today.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum