Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Massachusetts Largest Cannabis Competition Kicks Off
    #27966587 - 09/24/22 08:15 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Massachusetts Largest Cannabis Competition Kicks Off, Over 2 Thousand Judge
September 24, 2022 - WBZ

BROOKLINE, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — People across Massachusetts were living the high life on Saturday as the largest cannabis competition in the state took off. The High Times launched the Cannabis Cup judging kits at dispensaries across the state for the public to rank on September 24.

"This is a competition to see who has the best cannabis products all across the state of Massachusetts," Mark Kazinec from High Times Magazine said.

2,200 judging kits were made available for purchase at thirty dispensaries for those who wished to take part and judge. Kits ranged from $100 to $300. Every day participants sample products and rank them based on 13 different categories including best flower, vape pens, gummies, edibles, beverages, concentrates, and more.

"This is my first cannabis cup I am just so excited to be a part of it," Matt told WBZ's Suzanne Sausville as he picked up his indica kit from NETA in Brookline. He received 28 different samples, each being about a gram. "That could be a couple joints each, that could be like one fat blunt to test from each of them, so yeah about 28 blunts is what I have in this bag here."

The Cannabis Cup competition will feature 55 brands, 175 products, and 255,000 grams of cannabis, the High Times said in a statement.

"How does it look? How does it taste? How does it smell? How does it feel? How does it burn? I'll be filling out a lot of qualitative data on this," Matt joked.

After purchasing the kit, judges will have 60 days from September 24 to November 13 to sample products from the kit and vote on their aesthetic, aroma, taste, and effect. For some, it could take less time to make their way through their cannabis kit.

"That depends on how many friends I have over, you know like that could be one day if it was like a really rockin' day, but for me and my wife that would be like a week," Matt said.

Winners will be announced on November 27 at 4:20 P.M. at a virtual award show, which Kazinec calls the "Oscars of Cannabis."

* Massachusetts Cannabis Cup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals