Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehankydanky2k
Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad *DELETED*
    #2796511 - 06/15/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by hankydanky2k

--------------------
The above post is fictitous, and any coincedence between it and real people, places, or events is unintentional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2796619 - 06/15/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Electric blanket.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineedisnione
edisnione

Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad *DELETED* [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2797171 - 06/15/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by edisnione

OfflineAlan
Alan
 User Gallery
Loc: Los Angeles,CA
Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2799794 - 06/16/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i use a heating pad in my 17 gallon rubbermaid. I have the jars elevated several inches above the pad. it has 3 level settings. works great.

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2801351 - 06/17/04 02:39 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hankydanky2k said:
I am trying to get my setup as incognito as possible. I almost have everything I need. However, I am still missing a primary heat source. I think the best solution would be a heating element via some kind of pad.
I just have a small plastic box that I am using for the chamber. It doesn't need a ton of heat. Any suggestions on where I could get a reliable heat source? A heater in a bottle will not work. Thanks.

don't grow, if you're still living with your parents. duh.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad [Re: mycoguy]
    #2801360 - 06/17/04 02:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He didnt say he was living with his parents myco, just that he wanted to keep it as incognito as possible. Duh.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (06/17/04 02:51 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad [Re: edisnione]
    #2802110 - 06/17/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

edisnione said:
heating pads are dangerous even at low settings

place the heating pad in the drawer below.. so that it heats the air around it..

if heating pads are dangerous why suggest using it...

I had used one for several years with no problem
I used a piece of fire retardanf drywall under the pad
and a tub-in-tub with the inner tub having holes around
the perimiter, it's been a very effective setup with no
problems or fires...

OfflineMisfitsRuled

Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad [Re: mycoguy]
    #2802444 - 06/17/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

don't grow, if you're still living with your parents. duh.

I learned that one the hard way lol, good thing my parents are cool... (they were inactive from the back yard mom i swear!)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #2802912 - 06/17/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
He didnt say he was living with his parents myco, just that he wanted to keep it as incognito as possible. Duh.

a very smart move because if anyone see's a setup they may ask questions, the first rule of cultivation is "tell no one"... and I dont advocate lieing to friends and family or even strangers... just cops...

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Heating Pad, need small and easily adjustible heating pad *DELETED* [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #9806643 - 02/16/09 07:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hankydanky2k said:
I am trying to get my setup as incognito as possible. I almost have everything I need. However, I am still missing a primary heat source. I think the best solution would be a heating element via some kind of pad.
I just have a small plastic box that I am using for the chamber. It doesn't need a ton of heat. Any suggestions on where I could get a reliable heat source? A heater in a bottle will not work. Thanks.

I have found that taking a heating pad and plugging it into a dimmer switch, like the kind used for lamps, tends to work.  However, you sill need a timer since it will be a bit too hot.  With the pad that I have, if you set the dimmer switch too low, the pad will not turn on.  I have found that doing half hour on/half hour off at the lowest setting that still turns on reliably will give you a good result.  It is still a god idea to do some testing of your own with your specific setup.

That being said, I have not been able to find a timer that can do half-hour increments, the closest I have found is 1 hour increments.  This gives a temp swing that is too large for my tastes.  I am now looking into making a TIT setup that will fit my needs, which seem to be similar to yours.

PS
I thought you were done with growing mushrooms ;-).

<edit>
Yea, i just noticed how old this thread was.............

Edited by FirstAvailable (02/16/09 08:19 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck