Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStaypuft
Floyd Fanatic
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report
    #2795818 - 06/15/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Trying to make our way through the crowd was not pretty. Me and my friend M were headed to the Dead show from our camp. The rain was coming down off and on from late afternoon to 11pm. Everyone was in sort of a bad mood from the rain and The Dead were about to come on. We finally made it to were my other two friends were (at left side of the stage) were they had set up a small camp of towels. When we finally found them, we all dropped some very strong acid.

They were soaked and the stage was being covered with tarp because the rain just wouldnt stop. They decided to run back to our tent to get some clean clothes figuring the concert could be delayed hours upon end. As soon as they left I knew they werent coming back knowing they would be tripping hard as soon as they would be making their way back. Ten minutes later the tarp was removed and The Dead came on Stage.

People around me were flipping shit yelling "HOLY SHIT THAT'S THE FUCKING DEAD!" I felt a rush of energy as everyone got really excited and knew this was going to be a night to remember. They played for about 30 minutes and then they took a break and everyone seemed to be a bit pissed that they did. It took them about 30 more minutes to come back on stage and then I started to trip really hard.

We were about 50 feet from the stage and the music was hitting me so hard it felt as if it were channeling a godly amount of energy through my body. They started to play "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and i lost it. They played a Pink Floyd song and so many emotions hit me at once. It felt as if my two favorite bands were playing together. I was stunned the whole time not knowing what to think. Soon after the "Drums" started playing which ended up being the sickest Drum piece I have ever heard in my life. The Dead then went right into playing some really psychedelic stuff just like Pink Floyd. People were flipping out just saying "What the Fuck" over and over around me. Every person I looked in the eye knew that this was the greatest show they have EVER seen.

Two guys started coming back from the front of the stage and one of them fell down right near us and went limp; the other started yelling for help and everyone didnt know what to do. Twenty seconds later the guy jumps up and starts running back to the front of the stage and the other guy follows him. Everyone was so baffled at what had happened. After their first encore song, "One more Saturday night", Bob Weir started talking to the crowd telling everyone to go out and do something with their life. I guess just hearing it coming from The Dead really meant something to me and really sank in. After their last song everyone really felt great heading out.

Me and my friend M abandoned camp right there with all of our towels 4 inches in the sand and water. When everyone hit the mud that was 6 inches deep. One girl slipped in the mud and fell face first and looked up and yelled "I CAN"T BELIEVE THAT HAPPENED TO ME!". I couldnt help but laugh my ass off after such an intense concert I lost myself once again. Everyone was having so much fun walking though the mud yelling Stampede and Crocodile that everyone started to yell for like 10 Seconds for fearing that they were going to get steam rolled over from the crowd.

I was going to see Ween or Primus after The Dead, but was in such a state of Bliss that no other show could compete with the Greatest Happening EVER that I had just witnessed. The show had ended around 2:30am and got to the tent and sat in our chair out side while M went into the car to change. She never came out. When you are tripping, you can never seem to move fast thinking so much stuff at once you get overwhelmed and do nothing at all. The stars were so bright and flashy as I sat in that chair for what seemed like 15minutes but when i got in the tent after sitting there, daylight showed itself.

My two other friends were in the tent as i suspeceted but didnt make a big deal of them missing it. I figured I would just let them think it wasnt a big deal and let them find out how awsome it was by themselves. So ended the Greatest night of my life. Ill get the DVD of it, but I know it wont compare to live conert at all. I still cant stop thinking about the concert or what Bob Weir said.

The Grateful Dead - The greatest band that was, is, and ever will be.

--------------------
The gnomes have found a new way to say hooooray.
How do you feel?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: Staypuft]
    #2796321 - 06/15/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i fell so bad for missing that show, and the good acid :smile:

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2796353 - 06/15/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nice report. :smile:
They were the climax of the bonnaroo festival for sure.
You should've went on to see Primus though. They had the Primus balls out and everything, way cool.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2796570 - 06/15/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Primus balls where super trippy!

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: baraka]
    #2796890 - 06/15/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I can't believe you found real acid there. I tried blotter, liquid, gel tabs and microdots and they were all fake.

Offlineexile
Loc: USA, VA
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2796987 - 06/15/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OMG the primus balls hahaha..that mans face twitching! Flipped me the fuck out.

And yes, what the fuck was up with all that fake acid? Fuck that shit

--------------------

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: exile]
    #2798475 - 06/16/04 09:21 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Evan, i got some fake geltabs, they were blue.

Fake drugs sold as the real thing piss me off :mad2:

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: chubbycharley]
    #2798746 - 06/16/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah they really screwed up the whole scene. A bunch of wiggers realized they could sell fake shit because they heard from their friends last year. The gel tabs I got were green.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: baraka]
    #2798776 - 06/16/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What are primus balls? I went back to my camp after the dead cause I was tripping pretty hard, and the mud was so slippery, I couldn't even find the primus stage.....I just followed the flow of people. I heard them playing though, it was a badass set even without seeing it.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2801650 - 06/17/04 07:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

>>I tried blotter, liquid, gel tabs and microdots and they were all fake.
>>The gel tabs I got were green.

first of all...i havnt seen REAL geltabs or microdots in about 4 years, so i just straight up assumed all of them were fake.

i saw the guys selling gel tabs at the dead show. and they were the same guys that were selling tickets for $300 a peice outside the gate, and the same guys selling fake bonnaroo t-shirts for 20$. i heard someone yelling doses and i see this big ass black dude walk up when i yelled back. and he was so completly shady i cant believe anyone would buy anything from him. i asked him what kind of crystal it was because i knew there was mostly fluff going around the show and he said "its jelly crystal, its the good shit". and i said "you are selling fake acid to people get out of my face", and he left.

i got some decent doses at the dead show from a kid who wanted to trade for weed, but i just ended up giving him money. they lookAcid + Primus = strange.

on saturday morning i met a guy that had 33 sheets. he had fairys and 2 timothy leary sheats that he said were 300 mics a hit and a few with rainbow pyramids with an eagle over them. unfortunatly he wanted 500$ a sheet, because he said there was no more fluff crystal to be had, he would have hooked me up for much better price, but he didnt want to sell just one sheet. He was extremely cool about the whole thing, and was just as dissapointed as i was that i couldnt have the acid, so he gave me a mushroom chocolate for free! and told me what acid other than his was real and what to watch out for. i guess there was one type of liquid vile that was for sure good, and then came out of the same batch as the good sheet.

you gotta talk to the people you buy drugs from...most of the time they are honest if you talk to em long enough.

~JSlice~

--------------------

OfflineStaypuft
Floyd Fanatic
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Bonnaroo and The Dead Concert Trip Report [Re: angryjslice]
    #2803100 - 06/17/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, 500 a sheet?! I know in atlanta 2 months back it was going for 3 a hit, and that wasnt even bulk. I would assume sheets would go for 200 on avg but damn, I didnt find acid there, i brought some along with me, and ended up buying a quarter of shrooms with what was supposed to be my acid money. Next year ill try harder to find it.

--------------------
The gnomes have found a new way to say hooooray.
How do you feel?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies