Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Possible way to increase potency by stressing
    #2796289 - 06/15/04 09:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

SO i harvested my first casing this weekend, strain-brazilian, substrate-Wbs cased-coir grow chamber-PMP anywyas there was a greenmold contam in one corner that poped up over the last day. Growth slowed. When i ent to pick them teh whole stems went blue simply from gently picking, weighing and puting them on the drying rack. I gave some shrooms out fresh to my friends and one was debating on taking it or not so he pockete dit with his hand around it. When he decided he wasnt going to take it and gave it back the whole thing was deep blue! My friends all took an 1/8th and they all said it was the best trip ever. Everyone that sampled any agreed they were the best shrooms they ever took.

Now is the potency simplly because all teh srhooms around here are old stock and suck or is it that the contamination stressed teh growth and made them more potent? My micro casing of brazilin did not blue anyher near as much as these did. simply picking it up a shoom would blue them, with the micro casing friuts i had to pinch it to get bluing.

I know introducing contams purposly dosent sound like the greatest idea but if we can find a mold thats non toxic but stresses the shrooms.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Possible way to increase potency by stressing [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2796708 - 06/15/04 11:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
Growth slowed.

I've heard similar anecdotes from people who stunted their casings [inadvertently] by lowering temperature.  There's no good explanation for psiloc/yb/in's role in nature. . .if it were a practical response to competition I'd expect the compounds would be researched more by pharmaceutical companies [alas, still schedule 1 :frown: ]I imagine the explanation is more related to the slowing of growth. . .the fruitbodies are concentrating many compounds [our favorites among them] compared to the mycelium network, and perhaps if growth is stunted this process continues.  Like a continual trickle/synthesis of psiloc/yb/in that just has more time to occur in a stunted fruit. 
Just a thought;

Invisiblemolekyle
journeyman

#2797132 - 06/16/04 12:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

they are not potent before they turn blue when lookin on them. :grin:

anyways, some strains gives much more blueing than others

all strains are the same in potency just about, i grow 4 strains now, incl b+ (said by many to be a weak strain) and cambodian (said to be a more potent strain) and in a blindtest i couldnt have told one from another. i think the potency when it comes to cubensis is some hyped up shit. its more in how aggresive the mycelium grows and how large fruitbodies you get and so on than potency that is the strain varities..

many will prolly disagree with me.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible way to increase potency by stressing [Re: molekyle]
    #2797746 - 06/16/04 03:25 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ive heard that a cube is not just a cube, some are more visual then others and some have a longer "up" feeling. Illhave to se for myself, i have tons of strains i just havent grw them all out yet. For sure ill be looking further into this and sill try stressing them using more sterile teks.

Invisiblemolekyle
journeyman

#2797806 - 06/16/04 03:44 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I think its alot of placebo. Before I started to grow I bought 3 diffrent types of mushrooms, cambodia, mexico and iceland. iceland was liberty caps, but then I belived cambodia and mexico to be two diffrent mushrooms,  the trips was very diffrent then I felt.

When I found out both was cubensis, the mexico was not p.mexicana, and started to read more about them and grow myself I think the visuals and the trips in all aspects varies from time to time, setting to setting not strain to strain. well just my opinion :smile:

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Possible way to increase potency by stressing [Re: Suntzu]
    #2804215 - 06/18/04 02:05 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Suntzu said:
I've heard similar anecdotes from people who stunted their casings [inadvertently] by lowering temperature.

I agree with this, it has happened to me personally.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Possible way to increase potency by stressing [Re: ATWAR]
    #2809638 - 06/19/04 10:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

How much would you try to lower the temp to and for how long?

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
Re: Possible way to increase potency by stressing [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #2809665 - 06/19/04 10:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would grow them at the optimal temperatures for growth. JMO.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Possible way to increase potency by stressing [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #2810496 - 06/20/04 05:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

micro said:
I would grow them at the optimal temperatures for growth.  JMO.

Agreed. When grown at lower temperatures the fruitbodies are typically smaller. It could very well be possible that although it seems as if alkaloid content is slightly more concentrated, the total alkaloid yield from all harvested fruitbodies could be the same. In other words, you may only end up with the same amount of the goodness in the end. But as Micro said: grow them at the optimum temp, thus you would get the optimum growth...

Thats just a hypothesis, but the lower temp/smaller fruitbodies comes from experience. I should also say that late season mushrooms that were grown during periods of frost (although they were covered) were much more potent by weight (I reached a place not intended upon harvest on more than one occasion). The mushrooms only reached a height of 1-2" (short with wide caps compared to stem size). They were also very dense compared to normally grown mushrooms, almost woody. It also took about two weeks for a fruitbody to develop or longer from the time I noticed the fat little pins. While it was advantageous to have more potent mushrooms, the yield was obviously affected...

I wish I would have cloned one of them...
It's been a cool year  :frown:

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2810514 - 06/20/04 06:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if it helps, i find cold fruiters way stronger than warm fruiters...

FH

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology