Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: filthysock]
    #2792356 - 06/14/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'd contribute, but mine probably wouldn't be that long. My writing style tends to be short and to the point.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2792373 - 06/14/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's a strength in essay writing.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2792380 - 06/14/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mine is always long and I involve so many differant aspects backing eachothers points up. Because everything in my philosophy intertwines with eachother and I dont feel right not going into every detail of every aspect... but I could try to make it short if there is any deadline or whatever. I''m sure I could finish with something by the end of the summer though.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineWorldbridger
Nemo Lotus

Re: books written by S&amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2792433 - 06/14/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I want to write a book someday for sure, I don't have a clue how good my book would be. But I have a lot of ideas, that is for sure. I definately think the Shroomery S&P would be a great place for help and inspiration a long the way. Not too many people are aware of my ideas, as I don't post here much at all. But I have talked to some people here, and there are many great ideas floating around.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: filthysock]
    #2792482 - 06/14/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It will take some time, but no matter. I don't mind if this takes years to actualize; I'm in no rush, but at the same time I will not take my 'sweet olde time' either. We should keep an updated list of people who are actually serious about contributing some material, whether it be epic spiritual insights, philisophical lectures, or re-collected deep S&P conversations with other members (identities kept safe, of course) pasted into the book. I believe anybody contributing to such a book of this nature will naturally wish to add that particular form of material, in addition to their primary contributory assertations of spirituality and philisophy of Life and the Universe, and so forth..

The prolegomenon of the book should be started with an introduction to the premise of the book, the authors/shroomerites..and of course.. The Shroomery. I think Papaver would make a great intro.

Frog mentioned that there are places, online, that one can handle the publishing process their writings and books. Publishing a book has never been easier than today... :smile:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2792994 - 06/14/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hell yeah papaver would make a great intro!

I see this book as an organized manifestation of the authors beliefs.  I think this book can be very interesting for readers.  It could have a chapter for each s&p author and sub chapters within each author if the author wishes so.  I would for one, would write a chapter on mainly entheogens, then one on spirituality... etc, for instance.  But I dont think I will but my entire lifes philosophy in this book, I gotta reserve some stuff for my own book sometime in the future  :wink:

By the way, I'm fucked up om some pills, sorry if this post didnt make sense to you, peace.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2793031 - 06/14/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would for one, would write a chapter on mainly entheogens, then one on spirituality... By the way, I'm fucked up om some pills...

Sounds v-e-r-y spiritual to disturb your body's finely honed functioning.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: Swami]
    #2793075 - 06/14/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2793378 - 06/14/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry, you are right. Spirituality is NOT about clarity of mind and centeredness, but about getting fucked up on chemicals.  :syringe:

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: Swami]
    #2794848 - 06/15/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so I popped pills yesterday, so what...?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: books written by S&amp;amp;amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: Swami]
    #2795009 - 06/15/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would say that spirituality entails the exploration of the universe, which is filled with chemicals :smile:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: books written by S&amp;amp;amp;P members...who's would y [Re: kaiowas]
    #2795038 - 06/15/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"I would say that spirituality entails the exploration of the universe, which is filled with chemicals"

If you are exploring chemicals then you will discover things about chemicals not about spirituality.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;amp;amp;P members...who's would y [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2795101 - 06/15/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

DoctorJ is right. Chemicals in your brain is what made up the word "spirituality" and given it meaning, so when you are exploring chemicals, you deeply discover what spirituality is and how,why,when it was created.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: books written by S&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;P members...who's would y [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2795629 - 06/15/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Chemicals in your brain is what made up the word "spirituality" and given it meaning, so when you are exploring chemicals, you deeply discover what spirituality is and how,why,when it was created.

nice.  :thumbup:

I was gonna say: "STFU n00b!!!"

:lol:

but your response was better :smile:

also, isn't spirituality 'all encompassing'?  If indeed it does exist, is there anything that isn't a part of it?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;P members...who's would y [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2795726 - 06/15/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would contend that your average marathon runner is far more "spiritual" than your average pill-popper.

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: books written by S&amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2795832 - 06/15/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'd definately read works by MarkosTheGnostic and trendal. Maybe even Mixmatosis and Poisontrous for their lil' pamphlet o' cynical thoughts!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: books written by S&P members...who's would you read? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2796056 - 06/15/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It would be a very fantastic idea to collaborately publish a Spirituality&Philosophy book that consists of chapters and subchapters of spiritual and philisophical assertations, insights, thoughts, excerpts and such of Shroomerites, with each chapter per shroomerite's S&P literature that they wish to share with the world...

That is a really interesting option!

:thumbup:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: books written by S&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;P members...who's would y [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2796642 - 06/15/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
also, isn't spirituality 'all encompassing'? If indeed it does exist, is there anything that isn't a part of it?

It depends on who you ask. Some will assert that spirituality is about learning things which are not physical and thus outside the realm of "mere" science (and thus, IMO, are nonsense forms of knowledge).

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: books written by S&amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2798917 - 06/16/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha you guys, you're so KEEN

I think quality control is a gooooood idea. Like everybody who wants can write an essay with X number of words and then vote for the top 10. Of course, nobody's going to be actually doing it, so...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: books written by S&amp;P members...who's would you read? [Re: daba]
    #2799009 - 06/16/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's mighty kind of you daba, but I gotta tell you that I have published a book with Microfilms International, 222 pages, 1983. It was my Doctoral dissertation, and in the 21 years since its been around, there are only 10 people who read any of it - 5 on my doctoral committee, and 5 people who purchased it in paper or microfiche (I think I received a royalties check for $17). I wrote it chapter by chapter with an eye to making it readable by anyone interested in the subject of utilizing an ancient Buddhist psychology to illustrate that various Western schools of psychology are ALL correct if one views them as different perspectives that are represented by Chakras in Vajrayana Buddhism. Any takers? Nope, didn't think so. It was entitled [they made me expand from 6 to 18 words!]:  A Phenomenological Adaptation of the Tibetan Buddhist Doctrine of Psychic Centers to a Metatheoretical Hierarchy of Human Motivation. Whew! It was for the Department of Human Development at the University of Maryland and covered the usual pre-enlightenment states of motivation, the Enlightened state and the post-enlightened state of human development. "Very ambitious," my advisor said. Writing it helped me understand myself, Llewelyn and Sam Weiser's Publishing houses said it was 'too scholarly for our general readers,' so I gave up [probably prematurely] having it become commercial.

...Just so ya know :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag