Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Breathless
    #2795812 - 06/15/04 06:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No, this isnt a thread about Jean-Luc Godard's masterpeice, so if thats what you are here for, be on your way.

Why are so many governments and corporations doing such a magnificient job at cutting off humanity's oxygen supply? you ever wonder that?

why are so many powerful people trying their hardest to cut down the creators of oxygen, and pump non-oxygenic chemicals into the air?

you ever....you know....get the feeling...that....that is kind of a fucked up thing to do with one's time?

Plants give the world oxygen. Oxygen in high doses makes human beings happy, mentally acute and energized.

If a human can be energized, acute and happy without needing to buy cigarettes, coffee and desirable belongings....then our modern economy would be FUCKED.

Not just fucked-fucked, but FUCKED-FUCKED. It is in X's (X meaning the corporate/governmental elite) best interest to cut down as many trees as possible, thereby depleting the oxygen content of our air and making us less happy, less acute, and more lethargic than we would be in a more natural setting.

It is in X's best interest to commodify happiness through things like material goods and popular entertainment which we are forced to pack ourselves into sickly malls which harbour even less oxygen, thus making us MORE lethargic and unhappy, so we can wander around like zombies until we find something that we can buy which will supply us with energy and happiness.

There is no profit to be made from trees because you cant regulate and control the process of oxygen consumption through the use of forests.

Things will just deteriorate more and more until the fucking bourgoise are able to completey disable our natural oxygen supply and consequently commodify it, much like they have done to water in the past decade.

Bottled water isnt a coincidence, its a fucking strategy, and soon you will have to buy mini consumable oxygen tanks just in order to think straight....so

my advice to you? start stockpiling oxygen tanks in your basement as soon as possible. Because when the shit hits the fan brother, you dont want to be shelling out your hard-earned cash for oxygen doses at 50 cents a breath.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Breathless [Re: Positronius]
    #2795876 - 06/15/04 06:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Damnit, Man! I'm trying to stay positive here!

You're right...it's totally FUCKED UP! They are killing us! When are we going to take control away from these...ahem...people?

O.K...thinking positive...everything is alright...everything is alright...

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Breathless [Re: Source]
    #2795897 - 06/15/04 07:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Plant more green. You know the kind (*hint hint*).

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2796075 - 06/15/04 08:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if they ever got to the point of selling oxygen, then i think i would riot, even if it was by myself.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Breathless [Re: CleverName]
    #2796134 - 06/15/04 08:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if they ever got to the point of selling oxygen

oxygen bars

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Breathless [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2796173 - 06/15/04 09:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

woody harrelson would rant on this topic for sure.

and yes, plant more greens, drive automobiles less, etc fight the power...  you make it seem like there's a conspiracy to ruin our environment  :shocked:  :smirk:

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2798685 - 06/16/04 12:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Why are so many governments and corporations doing such a magnificient job at cutting off humanity's oxygen supply? you ever wonder that?

they're trying to drive up the price of oxygen

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2798909 - 06/16/04 01:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

actually I understand that the majority of the planet's oxygen comes from algae blooming in the ocean. By overusing nitrogen to produce inneficient food crops destined for processed food the corporate species is causing huge eco-system destroying algae blooms.. they want us to have oxygen so bad they'll destroy sea creatures for us AND feed us processed crap.. so.. shot down

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Breathless [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2799267 - 06/16/04 03:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, it was blue-green algae (a lichen-and-photosynthizing bacteria dynamic duo) that first set this planet up with enough oxygen for the evolution of animal metabolism which then paved the way for the advent of mutlicellular organism, I think, unless I'm just pulling things outta my ass.  So yeah, back to that positive thinking thingie, I'm not too worried about the destruction of algae blooms.  It's just a bunch of dumb algae.  I mean, it's not like oxygen plays THAT big a role in cellular respiration and hence the continual act of not-dying.  Besides, I'm in Canada.  The federal government would SO cover a significant percentage of my oxygen payment!  So there, problem solved!  :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

"...needing to buy cigarettes, coffee and desirable belongings..."  So they'll keep us groggy and semi-concious all the time.  Big deal.  Look at all the cool stuff they're selling!!  :goombah: :jesus: :laser: :microwave: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :santaclaus: :pill2: :pill2: :beer:

With that good a selection, you have no right to complain.  About anything.  Ever.  As it has been subliminally imprinted, so shall it be ever afterwards.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Breathless [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2799275 - 06/16/04 03:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

you tell that to people in Mexico City, Hong Kong and Tokyo who are walking around gasping for air, wearing fashionable gas masks to keep the carbon out of their lungs.

There may be oxygen, but its not going where it matters. What matters are the people in the cities, rural inhabitants are generally inconsequential and working class.

Little kids crawling the cracked concrere alleyways sucking on bottles of nitrogen just to feel good.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology