Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Static
    #2794423 - 06/15/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

when i meditate, the tendancy is to sit and wait, until i realize that waiting is looking to the future and the present is meditation.  so it all drops away and i become present.

however, before i go to bed sometimes, i will just start thinking about things i wanted to think about all day but never got around to.  doing this ill run into a sort of "mental static" that will start clinging to my thoughts.  i hear voices, words, sounds hell, i feel concepts and ideas occasionally, that are not mine.  they definatly arrive from somewhere outside of my normal consciousness.

i will eventually go to sleep and all is well (in thoery).

my question to those who care to be polite with me is:

have you ever experienced this phenomenon? waht have you chalked it down to be?  for those of you who are sure of yourself, and know just what it is, how can you use this productivly, or is it just a random mess?

my idea is that it is ideed random to me now, but that i might learn to wade through this mess of thoughts (other peoples thoughts, or my own internalized thoughts finding an outlet?) to pick up on things specifically.

the recent post about the noosphere peaked my interest, particularly when it was said something like "one side of your brain picks up the broadcasted thoughts of the noosphere, then translates them to the other half"  forgive me if i recalled the information incorrectly!

peace, and i appriciate your input/conversation.
Casil :megaman:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Static [Re: Todcasil]
    #2794515 - 06/15/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the meditation is a good way to condition attitude that is very flexible and to effectively re-connect to the universe at the same time.

the static you mentioned is natural - you are purposely skimming over the issues of the day -(no longer exactly in meditation)- and in this way you are stirring up associations (memory images, sounds etc).

since you are not fixing on any topic (because you are relaxed and ready to sleep) things are arising from memory as you are shifting topics.

since you are relaxed, some overlay of mental imagery, and sounds happens simmilar to entheogen induced synaethesia - like a living synthesizer blending sight, sound thought etc.

your experience of static is natural. some of it may be synchronistic (like telepathy usually is) but the issue at hand is letting go and allowing sleep to wash over you.

The more synchronicity the better, no need to get caught up in discriminating or labelling the phenomena as extrasensory or as synaesthesia, calling it static is just fine. letting go is excellent

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#2795644 - 06/15/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you are becoming "mentally static" (could you elaborate?) but I might be experiencing the same thing when going to sleep as well. I start hearing random voices that contain no meaning. And this part comes before I notice the start of a new dream (noticing yourself starting to dream is particularly trippy), so I GUESS these voices relate to dreams by the fact that they both come from the subconcious. This is why I do agree with you that what you're talking about could relate to the noosphere, but so little is known about the brain that no one could tell you for sure where this comes from. So if no one knows what this is, there is no way anyone could tell you how to use it productively. My best advice is my own advice, which is to experience for yourself what you are capable of doing with you're conciousness. I guess trying to LD could bring you on the path that you are searching for. I've been trying for three months and i've only LDed twice.

And also, maybe you should find new ways to meditate. You should definitely not be "waiting" for anything when you're meditating...what i do is count my breaths up to 4, and start over, and have my self breathing and ONLY that...

--------------------

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #2795854 - 06/15/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Tod,

I experience the same thing quite frequently. It is just as you described...like sinking into an ocean of voices and noise. I actually enjoy it and try to remain aware enough to stay there without falling asleep.

It's ripe with creativity. I have made paintings of images I've seen in there and some day I'll bring back some of the music too.

It certainly has the feel of being a collective pool of thoughts, etc.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Static [Re: Source]
    #2795982 - 06/15/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It certainly has the feel of being a collective pool of thoughts, etc.

Make sure it is heavily chlorinated.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Static [Re: Swami]
    #2797104 - 06/15/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

chlorine hurts my eyes.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2797129 - 06/15/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the input everybody!

as far as my meditation is concerned... thats just my anxiety, in the begining, and i do many breathing techniques. i have a good technique that allows me to relax, and from there is no-mind, usually.

though i am a very anxious person, i find myself surrenduring to relaxation more readily every day.

running out of time...
thanks again everybody
peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom