Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
do your self a favor
    #2762600 - 06/04/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

And toss contaminated cakes.Or should you need the strain reisolate it.It really is not worth further contaminating the substrate with chlorine.If there is visible contamination or bacterial smelly.Introducing bleach only kills the organisms it does NOT eliminate any metabolites of the contaminarion other than oxidizing many into organochlorides.
This tek basicaly allows people to eat "rotten" food,How many of you would eat spoiled food which was "bleached" clean.I have mentioned so far only the fungus/chlorine angle but of greater danger is the original contamination which is more of a danger than dunking in chlorine.Cakes are too easily made to waste time saving rotten ones,toss them,work cleaner, and enjoy pure clean fruits.
Again how many of you would eat meat that began to rot but was then bleached clean?How is Bleach tek different?
WR:wexican:
would you eat rotten food that had been bleached
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/04/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: do your self a favor [Re: whiterasta]
    #2763115 - 06/04/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've cut mold off of cheese and used it before.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: do your self a favor [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2763225 - 06/04/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: you cut the rot off of rotten milk...mmmmGOOD!
Cheese ain't all that great either.Even a hungry calf doesn't like rotten cow's milk.
Just my take.

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2763863 - 06/04/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

of course, i do that all the time, thats what youre supposed to do. cutting the outer mold off of mold, whats the big deal :p?

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: do your self a favor *DELETED* [Re: whiterasta]
    #2763884 - 06/04/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by TheHateCamel

Reason for deletion: hj

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: do your self a favor [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #2764015 - 06/04/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Look at the thread re;Hippie's bleach tek about four posts down(still stoopid at pulling links...feh:doh: )

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (06/04/04 03:59 PM)

Offlinerazzle
AmatureMycologist
 User Gallery

#2764437 - 06/04/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think we are all aware that the mat of mycelium is a pretty amazing thing. When knowing that in a jar or spawn bag water is shared thru out, and there may be thousands of starnds of mycelium interwoven thru out your cake or matter. That water is shared with your contaminated spots.

So the message is when in doubt, throw it out. I don't know about you but I want to reproduce the highest order of entheogens with a low tek home procedure.

2cents

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: do your self a favor [Re: razzle]
    #2764459 - 06/04/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

>>>Cheese ain't all that great

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I just dont know what to say.. 

I dont use bleach in my hobby but im sure its safe enough... Do you not swim in swiming pools??

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #2764542 - 06/04/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The bleach is used as a preventative, to kill contaminant spores, not to kill established contaminants. You're looking at some two year old posts in that thread, as the process was being developed.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: do your self a favor [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #2766556 - 06/05/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

roger said it all, for estabilishing a colony from spores thats acceptable, now to use bleach to kill estabilished contams is totally condemnable, like someone said, those shrooms are good for one's enemies...

who knows how to grow mushrooms _right_ knows that to toss away contaminated cakes is a basic measure...

FH

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
    #2780215 - 06/10/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

i remember reading an article a while back about mold on cheese. once there's even a hint of mold on the cheese you should throw it away. aparently once its starting to mold the whole thing is screwed. dont really know how much truth there is to it though

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: do your self a favor [Re: TRS]
    #2781250 - 06/10/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Naw, that's bullshit. On hard cheeses, you basically just have to cut an inch or so off past the contaminations, and it oughta be okay. This is assuming, of course, that you're just dealing with a few specks of fuzz or something.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: do your self a favor [Re: TRS]
    #2781271 - 06/10/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There's no truth to that. Cheese is cultured with mold, different molds create different cheeses (of course there are other factors). Take a look at some blue cheese and you'll see what I mean. Also, check out this page with cheese making supplies (some molds are listed).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineNexxiss
Mushroom Mage

Loc: Mich,USA
    #2781309 - 06/10/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

exactly if you know anything about cheese its made that way,<aged or not>

OMG am i in the cheese cultivation shroomery section? LOL

Nex

--------------------
Nexxiss Reign
"as I looked into the Sun and realized the race is not to the swift nor Knowlege to the wise ..nee the yet strenth to the strong...nor Riches to the poor.But time and Chance hapenth to us all!

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: do your self a favor [Re: Nexxiss]
    #2781381 - 06/10/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i dont care if the cheese is good or not, if there is mold im throwing the whole thing away because its nasty. :grin:

i agree completly with whiterasta.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: do your self a favor [Re: shamantra]
    #2783047 - 06/10/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, sure, you'll eat one kind of mold but not another.  Fungus bigot!  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: do your self a favor [Re: shamantra]
    #2788005 - 06/12/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, you are a cheese fascist.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #2788177 - 06/12/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

BH...quick hush! cheesy fascism is the present american way.I am sure Homoland security is ready to pounce at any moment for your letting the BIG SECRET out about..... All NEW! Cheesy fascists.All the oppression with none of the excess extermination!
:lol:
PS contamination BAAD!

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (06/12/04 03:58 PM)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2791646 - 06/14/04 04:19 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I agree whiterasta -- but you're dealing with the same dude who invented the "oven bag tek", the one that grows bulk loads of green LMAO -- another silly tek that had to go to the bin. Me, I won't eat anything that's got contams.

Honestly, this hobby is so cheap in materials with such fast turn overs that tossing duds is no drama. Getting cheap on what's already cheap is just being stupid. No one can put a price on their health and yet some unscrupulous sorts will risk newbs for the sake of a cyber image.

btw, I was in a chat session a few days back and one person swore black and blue that P.cubensis is dangerous. After some teeth pulling questions they said that the mushrooms they had collected from the wild had been sitting in a plastic bag for several days. That's why he and his mates all got sick. Yup, sweated in the bag and moulds ect jumped it.

Good thread, a 5 shroomer. :smile:

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: do your self a favor [Re: Starter]
    #2795468 - 06/15/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hey starter, hip is also the guy that has saved many a cake from contaminating in the first place by researching bleach use, taught many a beginner how to grow fruits however they wanted to, spread the word about the easiest stealthiest and lowest tek cultivation ever (HIS invitro method), improved yields for many through "dunking", and runs a website which has helped literally thousands of people to grow in the first place and has one of the best archives of down and dirty real useful info ever seen in the OMC. Let's not knock him for his oven bag tek, which everybody knows was a fluke.

Oh yeah, and I bet for the record, hip recomends tossing contaminated cakes. As rodger points out bleach is used to prevent contamination not cure it. It's also used in pasteurizing bulk substrates, misting water, dunking water etc.

And anybody who tosses away moldy cheese is silly. Hey, if that's your thing, fine it's your money. I bet you also wouldn't consider eating a bruised banana, getting food out of a dumpster, letting pizza sit out overnight before having it for breakfast, finishing off other peoples drinks or any of the other "nasty" things that aren't nasty at all or I would have died decades ago.

Cut mold off cheese, toss contaminated cakes, use bleach in your dunk water, and eat other peoples leftovers.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck