Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Loc: In your mind!
Mycelium fuzz growing out onto perlite?
    #2793473 - 06/14/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah.. the mycelium on my cakes is attaching to the surrounding perlite (if I pick a cake up some perlite comes up with it)...
My assumption is if this is happening it muss be to hot which is why the mycelium still continues to grow or else it would have started to form pins, am I right?
Or is this normal?!?!
THanks a lot

--------------------
www.powertabs.net <--- best guitar tablature site ever!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Mycelium fuzz growing out onto perlite? [Re: death_by_desire]
    #2793512 - 06/14/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mine sometimes grows onto perlite and jar lids

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2793650 - 06/14/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Everything is a emergency when your new  :wink:

There normal  :grin:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Loc: In your mind!
Re: Mycelium fuzz growing out onto perlite? [Re: Magash]
    #2794004 - 06/15/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Oh ok... I just thought I had read that pins cannot form until the mycelium stops growing... since this is not the case (it is starting to spread out onto the perlite) it could not form pins... I guess I was mistaken or missinterpreted the information...
Besides I hoped this could be one of the reasons why nothing is happening... *sigh* back to waiting mode...

I'm not really eager to have shrooms I'm just a bit worried that they wont work at all since I used up all my spores and only managed to save 6 cakes from a bacterial infection a while back... my goal is to get a print out of this (to continue my growing) and hope to have enough to trip a few times during my summer brake (starting in august) I thought it would be no prob to have quite a lot by that time but now since its taking so long I'm just wondering if maybe I will never get any at all esp cause I have been keeping the conditions in my cool box at what I thought to be perfect for fruiting, that I don't get to trip soon doesn't bother me at all... more the fact that I hope to get a spore print out of this...

--------------------
www.powertabs.net <--- best guitar tablature site ever!!!

Edited by death_by_desire (06/15/04 04:38 AM)

OfflineOoze
Oozalicious

Loc: FL
    #2795419 - 06/15/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well you are on the right path. Good luck and have fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags