Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineuki
fool of wisdom
Loc: the milky way
the artist
    #2794860 - 06/15/04 01:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ARTIST. n. 1a) one who practices an art in which conception and execution are governed by imagination, style, and taste. b) a person skilled in one of the fine arts. c) a craftsman that executes his art with individual style. 2) often their work is judged according to the culture and the attitude placed on art at the time. although they may earn recognition during their lifetime, they are usually not recognized for their accomplishments until after death. 3) lives a life of unstable economic means. 4)many theories have been put forth regarding their creativity, the most common one being that it is inherent, although if not developed and tested will remain dormant. a)they seem to create during moods, often intense, mostly lasting a short while. 5) they have a feeling of brotherhood with each other that is timeless. 6) thought to be haphazard, having no sense of order, plan, or direction, yet are known to be perfectionist when it comes to their own work. a) they make decisions based on feeling rather than reason. b) have problems with concentration. 7) they are stereotyped as being mentally unbalanced. one artist cut off his ear in a passion of creativity combined with frustration about his art. it has not been determined if their creativity has anything to do with this. 8) they are sensitive, aware, and alert. 9) they are tolerated by society, which allows them to live in accordance with their own natures.

if mushrooms do not provide inspirational imagination, well then, i am a mushroom myself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: the artist [Re: uki]
    #2794881 - 06/15/04 01:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

uki said:
7) they are stereotyped as being mentally unbalanced. one artist cut off his ear in a passion of creativity combined with frustration about his art. it has not been determined if their creativity has anything to do with this.

He wrapped it up in butcher paper, and gave it to a local prostitute that he was smitten with. I thought it was a nice gesture. I should devise a clever courting strategy like that. I usually just try to impress the girls with my nest-building skills...

--------------------

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: the artist [Re: Papaver]
    #2839139 - 06/29/04 11:10 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i thought he mailed it to her...?

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: the artist [Re: vade]
    #2840670 - 06/29/04 06:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

odd

i heard he mailed it to his girlfriend at the time?

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: the artist [Re: vampirism]
    #2840774 - 06/29/04 07:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting, this is like that Kurosawa film, "Rashomon." We all witnessed the same event, but we all have different recollections of it.

I'm pretty sure that Van Gogh, cut off his ear; wrapped it up in some kind of paper; walked down the street to the local brothel that he frequented; and presented the severed ear to his favorite prostitute -- somewhat like a bullfighter does (if I remember my bullfight etiquette, correctly).

I could be wrong, however, it has been many years since I studied the 19th Century French painters, and Van Gogh in particular.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media