Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrique
Psilocybe Junkie
Loc: Chocolate Town, Pennsylva...
Few questions about dunking
    #2794460 - 06/15/04 09:09 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have a couple PF cakes in a fruiting chamber right now. The first one was put in a week or two earlier, and it's started flushing fairly quickly. After only 4 days, there were 6 mushrooms with the veil breaking. They were thin, and only two of them were over 4 inches. They seemed rather small, and didn't produce any spores at all. I decided to pick them all, except the minis. Let them dry for about 2 hours behind a fan, but decided I was just going to eat them straight. I split the 5 mushrooms with my brother, assuming I probably had a little over 2 grams dried, but there was no trip. A very weak funny feeling, and a little MJ brought out a different kind of high, lights looked fantasy like, looking out into the windy trees look gorgeous with the sun shining on them. Other than that, a day of disapointment (for we just harvested all that could be) and nothing to show for. The cake halted for the next day, and all the small ones were now aborts. I assumed the cake was getting dry. I never dunked it in the first place, so after a small little flush like that, it probably needed it. I didn't bother to cut of the little primordia everywhere. They became obviously water soaked, and still, to this morning they still have that look. I didn't roll them in verm because I just ran out, but I don't see any progress from it. For all you experts out there, I know that PF cakes are rather primitive, so should I just break it up into a casing? The temps are at 75 nearly flat all the time, and the humidity is anywhere from 94% to 96%. I'm using a fairly expensive hygrometer from Oregon, so I have my faith in the temps/humidity. Myabe it just needs another day to 'feed'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrique
Psilocybe Junkie
Loc: Chocolate Town, Pennsylva...
Re: Few questions about dunking [Re: Trique]
    #2795410 - 06/15/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I cut off a few of the big aborts that were dunked with it. They seemed slimy, and I was in fear of contam or just nasty rot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale