Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Thousand Island

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Shroomhunting in NY!!!
    #2794459 - 06/15/04 11:08 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

As of recent I have moved upstate and I think its about the right time to find something in NY. Can someone from the area let me know if its the right time of year and where to look. Should I look in cow fields, horse fields, what? someone gots to know something. FILL ME IN IM HUNGRY... also i have a nice digicam and ill take pics :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: Shroomhunting in NY!!! [Re: bent]
    #2794729 - 06/15/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well what really would help is looking on the shroomery to see what kind of mushrooms grow in new york, then reaserch those mushrooms to see what the conditions they grow in.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Offlineazurescens
    #2795153 - 06/15/04 03:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

NY, huh?? You should find a local dealer...probably have a better chance. Good luck either way though.

Offlinemushyfinder
walks softlyupon the grass

Loc: central newyork(usa)
    #2796620 - 06/15/04 11:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i live in the central newyork area. probidibly the best time of the year to look is spring,summer and there is a florish of shrooms in the fall. liberties, and alot of the panaeolus family show up though out the summer and fall. you need to research all you can about the local growing spores. just keep looking up needed information and be patient. the cow and hoarse fields are good ideas if you seek pan. separtus(numerous,hoase manure, toxic-hsllucinogenic)but your own yard will help you with a drain on mass, just look for pan foeniseii that grow in grasses in abundance (also a toxic-hallucinogenic).happy hunting, and be patient.

--------------------
flows smoother than any ryme, likes to fall but can not climb....fruiting comes after i appear, if i dont show,thats a hunters fear. what am i?
~rain~

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
Re: Shroomhunting in NY!!! [Re: mushyfinder]
    #2798299 - 06/16/04 10:06 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm also in Central NY. The only actives I have ever found here were Pan Subbs. I think a couple times I have found some species of Gymnopilus but I never IDed them.

Mushyfinder, I have always been unsuccessful in hunting for Liberty Caps.Have you ever had success here in NY???

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Re: Shroomhunting in NY!!! [Re: mushyfinder]
    #2798584 - 06/16/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Panaeolina foenescii is not hallucinogenic. Your best bet is Panaeolus Subbalteatus in horse stable waste. These are a spring and fall mushroom, but northern NY is cooler than here, so maybe you'll have a chance through the summer. I've heard of liberty caps in New york, but subbs are probably more common and easy to locate.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2798716 - 06/16/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I swear if one more person speaks a single utterance about the activity of pan. foes. god is going to start splitting atoms in fury. NY is good for subbs and that's about it. Liberty caps, while listed, are better to look for much further north though they HAVE been found in upstate before- this is not a commonality. The subbs are everywhere up there- trust me. In fact I would even agree with good Mr. nycomyco is saying that you'll find fruits in the summer. I wish you much luck and maybe you'll be the ambitious one who can post some ny libs. this year! So much of ny is so beautiful it should be lots of fun to look at any rate.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlinemushyfinder
walks softlyupon the grass

Loc: central newyork(usa)
    #2799405 - 06/16/04 04:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well last time i checked, pan foes are hallucigenic, but thats from a guide, ive never found foes just subbs, i do beleive you about the subbs, i cant help but find them. i don't know about the liberty. i ussually find some on travels to the thousand islands, not near where i live.

--------------------
flows smoother than any ryme, likes to fall but can not climb....fruiting comes after i appear, if i dont show,thats a hunters fear. what am i?
~rain~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Thousand Island

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification