Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
$10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter
    #2794049 - 06/15/04 07:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No folks, we never have enough money to feed the homeless. God forbid *gasp* we do anything constructive and Christian with our money.

$10,000,000 for one ordinary terrorist? WTF? And when there are thousands upon thousands?

What kind of fucking idiots are these who post the bounty? Someone who was an enemy would turn on another for nothing (or practically nothing). Why $10,000,000? Does Bush & co assume that the entire world is made of like-minded greedy bastards?

In the good old days, you could get somebody whacked in the neighborhood for $5 to $10K. Information as to whereabouts would ony get you a few hundred. Inflation...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: $10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter [Re: Swami]
    #2795484 - 06/15/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Government monies, also known as tax dollars, should not be used for homeless shelters.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: $10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter [Re: Swami]
    #2795503 - 06/15/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Goverment monies would be better spent on homeless shelters.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: $10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2795530 - 06/15/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Article 1, Section 8 disagrees with you.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: $10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2795552 - 06/15/04 05:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nah, you just didn't read Democrat Style.

Section 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throug H out the United States;

To c O in M oney, r Egulate the Va L ue thereof, and of for E ign Coin, and fix the S tandard of Weight S and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the S ecurities and current Coin of the United States;

To establis H Post Offic E s and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for L imited T im E s to Autho R s and Inventor S the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repeal Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: $10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2795585 - 06/15/04 05:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:handth:Hilarity!

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: $10 milllion for one terrorist or for a homeless shelter [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2795842 - 06/15/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:biggrin: Funny stuff! But I still stand by my opinion. Besides wouldn't providing shelter for the homeless be construed as  "providing for the general welfare"?

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2795857 - 06/15/04 06:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
:biggrin: Funny stuff! But I still stand by my opinion. Besides wouldn't providing shelter for the homeless be construed as  "providing for the general welfare"? 

I hope you're familiar with James Madison...

"With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers (enumerated in the Constitution) connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators."
  James Madison, 1751 ? 1836
  4th President of the United States
  ?Father? of the Constitution

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2795865 - 06/15/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The government should change or get rid of the laws that are causing people to not have homes.

Most of these laws are building codes, and laws allowing people to "own" land.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2795903 - 06/15/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:

General Welfare of the United States.

Not....
General welfare of the people.

The framers were wise enough to know the difference.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion