Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Does anyone have experience in hard drive data recovery?
    #27940423 - 09/08/22 01:26 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

My wife just had her external hard drive she used to store all of her lessons, curriculum, documents and pictures fail. She does not have other copies (she used to have everything on this drive AND on Dropbox, but she was in no mood to explain why she quit with the Dropbox).

These are things she has spent years creating and refining. Already being severely overworked, she cannot even imagine finding the time to now have to re-create all of these things. Thousands of hours.

I want to know if any of you have experiences with this. How much will it likely cost?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Does anyone have experience in hard drive data recovery? [Re: HagbardCeline] * 1
    #27941384 - 09/09/22 02:15 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Man I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks. 😞 Professional data recovery is usually around $700 - $900, plus the cost of the drive to transfer to if it's too much data to download. If you imagine amortizing it over the thousands of hours she'll save, it makes it a little easier to swallow. Check out https://cbldata.com/ for a highly recommended option. If they can't recover your data you don't pay.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Does anyone have experience in hard drive data recovery? [Re: Ythan]
    #27942322 - 09/09/22 05:08 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Thanks bro, it has been a long time. I imagine you've had to have this done a few times with such RanchyTM hands. :lol:

But yeah, this has been a tough few days. The first night upon realizing it wasn't working she just bawled her eyes out for an hour or so. I've felt so helpless to do anything.

Again, thanks for the recommendation. Hopefully she can get some of this back.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinecroyleje
I'm a teapot

Re: Does anyone have experience in hard drive data recovery? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #27942331 - 09/09/22 05:15 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

If you can post the details of the unit I will see if there is anything I can recommend most of those external drives use Seagate hard drives and there known for having issues.  Did it make any noise if it did DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON.  Head crashes are common also and if it was a head crash it would have made some noises but turning it back on can damage it to the point nothing will recoverable.  But if you want to post the model and name preferable a picture of the tag or something I see what your looking at.

https://www.rossmanngroup.com/data/

--------------------
Learn Linux and cut your ties to big tech, remember if a service is provided to you for free you and your data are the payment.
https://www.fsf.org/

Edited by croyleje (09/09/22 05:16 PM)

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Self Administrative Director
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have experience in hard drive data recovery? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #28142926 - 01/16/23 01:54 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Did the hard drive fail due to corruption or from a mechanical failure like the head stopped working or whatever?

I pirated a program called EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 8.5 

Whatever you do, keep your wifi and any internet connection OFF (airplane mode, COMPLETELY OFF) or else you will need to uninstall it, reinstall, recrack it, and then use it again. I don't know why but the crack goes away if you accidentally use the program with an internet connection on.

I was able to recover everything from my corrupted storage drive with this program.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates