Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKilgrin
AspiringMycologist
uses for spent PF cakes?
    #2793620 - 06/14/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so my first attempt at growing was a success! I got 3 flushes of my cakes, but now even after dunking they arent growing any more. I already have another set of 12 jars that are about 90% covered with mycelium. After this second grow, i think i am going to attempt growing on bulk substrate. So here are my ideas for what to do with the cakes....
1) Try breaking them up, putting them in boiling water, then straining, hopefully getting at least 1 dose from the "tea"
2) Creating a casing out of them... guessing i would have to use a substrate like manure or straw... not just the normal verm
3) i heard that there was someway to use cranberry juice to extract the good stuff from the mycelium? i believe the tek i read explained how to do this using mycelium grown on only BRF with no verm.

--------------------
- Got any magic mushrooms?
- No, but i got some drawf mush that will really blow your head off. Look at this, last time i took it, i was seeing fairies for 3 days!
- Nicey nice! Roll us a giant!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: Kilgrin]
    #2793633 - 06/14/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Throwing them out sounds better then all three of those ideas.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: Magash]
    #2793797 - 06/15/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineTomSawyer
Me_and_BobbyMcGee

Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: matts]
    #2793816 - 06/15/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

magash said Throw them out Throw them out it is.you the mushroom man magash. :thumbup: :thumbup:you get two thumbs up.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: TomSawyer]
    #2793824 - 06/15/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You sheep like suck up. :rolleyes:

Magash is a cool guy but you dont have to agree just to agree. :thumbdown:

Personally I agree with matts, why throw away something that could be used as spawn?????
(nothing against Magash but have you read matts posts?? he DOES know what he is talking about :thumbup: and so does Magash of course.)

and they are both better growers then me.....so I'll shut up. :smile:

theoretical question........
Magash says........ "your a bitch"...... ARE YOU?

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: TomSawyer]
    #2793826 - 06/15/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblematts
matts

#2793830 - 06/15/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinehybridphil
Student

Loc: Milky Way....they'll neve...
    #2793847 - 06/15/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah I mean who wouldn't mind a few extra mushrooms here and there! I want to spawn my entire city with mycelium...it's farfetched but possible

PS 4565665 is Magash's bitch :blush:

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Edited by hybridphil (06/15/04 01:44 AM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2793851 - 06/15/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He never mentioned outdoors in his three ideas, duh, retards.

1) Try breaking them up, putting them in boiling water, then straining, hopefully getting at least 1 dose from the "tea"
2) Creating a casing out of them... guessing i would have to use a substrate like manure or straw... not just the normal verm
3) i heard that there was someway to use cranberry juice to extract the good stuff from the mycelium? i believe the tek i read explained how to do this using mycelium grown on only BRF with no verm.

If you think one of these would work more power to ya. (you'd be wrong)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblematts
matts

#2793854 - 06/15/04 01:45 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineKilgrin
AspiringMycologist
    #2794556 - 06/15/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ah, thanks for the info, i guess i will try an outdoor tek... the conditions here arent that great, but might as well give it a shot. Thanks for your help = )

--------------------
- Got any magic mushrooms?
- No, but i got some drawf mush that will really blow your head off. Look at this, last time i took it, i was seeing fairies for 3 days!
- Nicey nice! Roll us a giant!

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2795024 - 06/15/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

FIGHT, FIGHT

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

OfflineIfIWereARichMan
journeyman
Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: mycoguy]
    #2795319 - 06/15/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with this entire thread. to recap:

Throwing out is better than trying to make substrate tea.
Spawning is better than throwing out.
Agreeing with Magash just because he opened his mouth is idiotic.

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
    #2795396 - 06/15/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ok so 1 last recap on one of his options.....

so, if u take a casing... say u fruited in a complete square container... and u take everything out of that container, scrape as much dirt/manure/verm off the casing as u can, and then u clean the container and put a 2-3" layer of manure/compost mix in it, it will not live off of that??? isnt that the same as throwing it in a compost pile, or outdoors?

(basically im just trying to ask if u can re-feed it the same material u used to case it with... it has nutrient arent i correct? manure/compost)

im editing.. and wut if u got like 90% of the stuff off the casing and dunked that mycelium and then dropped it in with the re-casing i described, u would incubate for 5-7days again like normal right??

Edited by TripleB (06/15/04 02:15 PM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2795521 - 06/15/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well no shit even a retard like ifiwerearichman knows that using old cakes to spawn outdoors is better, but if the first few retards to post after me would have pulled their heads out of their asses and actually read the post instead of jumping at the chance to try to prove me wrong, the retards would have seen that he posted 3 ideas.

I answerd that throwing them out is better then any of these ideas, and it is.

If one of you thinks you can do one of these your even dumber then I think you are.

--------------------

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
    #2795549 - 06/15/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i am not trying to prove u wrong magash lol.. i was trying to see if he typed something wrong, so i tried to improve on the idea... i just wanted to know if my idea would work? sorry for the confusion...

OfflineIfIWereARichMan
journeyman
Re: uses for spent PF cakes? [Re: TripleB]
    #2795565 - 06/15/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Magash relax dude. I wasnt trying to insult you and I dont understand why you felt the need to retaliate like that. People have almost deified you here. If you make a single statement, 100 "great idea!"s get chorused around without those people even stopping and doing the intelligent thing - reading, understanding, and considering the information that youve presented.
Quote:

magash said Throw them out Throw them out it is.you the mushroom man magash. you get two thumbs up.

You bring a lot to these boards and the science of mycology, but that shouldnt be an excuse to take every single statement you make as gospel. Thats how cults get started.

Eh, I dont know. Maybe a cult of Magash wouldnt be so bad after all...

Invisiblematts
matts

#2795639 - 06/15/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract