Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Oyster Shell, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
Panaeolus Cambodginiensis anyone try it?
    #2793625 - 06/15/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

anyone have experience with this species
I cant find much on it but it seems the pan cyan growth perameters are pretty much what the pan cams need
my plan is this multispore inoc quart jars of finch seed then when colonized spawned to 70/30 poo/straw then cased with coir/verm/oyster shell :crazy2:
think thats a good method?
any tips or anything?
I am so stoked to give these a shot in particular because they will be a challenge and they were a freebie too!
thanks ralpsters/triple helix!

Edited by alpiner (06/15/04 09:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Panaeolus Cambodginiensis [Re: alpiner]
    #2793970 - 06/15/04 05:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would use shit.
Cambodginiensis as available within the online mushroom community isnt really that species, but a variant of Panaeolus cyanescens. It lacks the two-spored basidia, thus is not really cambo.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Panaeolus Cambodginiensis [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2795942 - 06/15/04 07:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The tropicalis is not a tropicalis based on it having 4-spored basidia versus the TYPE 2-spored, combined with inconsistent spore size, and cystidia size.

The cambodginiensis TYPE ws actually 4-spored in the wild, and it was a cultivated specimen that yielded 2-spored basidia. The cambodginiensis in circulation does not share features consistent with the TYPE. Sizes are wrong, and cystidia morphological charactersistics are different from those described by WEEKS as belonging to the TYPE.

To me all of the variants within the OMC belong to cyanescens. There is a post in the mushroom hunting forum about variation in the available copelandias throgh the OMC, and also some wild variants not available. Search Teonan, and Copelandia variation. This post has pictures of the pleurocystida and calibrated measurements of spores and cystidia. It is showing you why I believe what I believe.

All variants are 4-spored. All share at least a single cystidia type, even if the majority of cystidia are slightly different. The pictures focus on the variable cystidia, not the similar cystidia. All sizes are consistent with cyanescens, with the exception of a single spore variant, TAI-Phuket. But even here, the spores were only slightly smaller in length. It would be easier to expand the spore size of cyanescens complex, then to seperate it from the complex. It was the only feature that could seperate it, and it was very slight.

Copelandia cyanescens most accurately describes all of the variants present.

Show me a variant that has two-spored basidia, AND cystidia variation, and size variation outside the range of cyanescens.

Personally, I would like to see the types of all the Copelandias and compare them with what we have circulating in the OMC. I am still mistified that there are no two-spored variants in circulation. Even if the tropicalis is rare, what about all the other two-spored species refrenced, are they equally rare?

Anyone have a clue as to which herbariums house each of the type copelandia species?

Anonymous

Re: Panaeolus Cambodginiensis [Re: alpiner]
    #2795952 - 06/15/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The more manure your substrate has the less likely contamination will set in prior to your first pin set.
They grow the same as any of the other variants in circulation.

Offlinealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
Re: Panaeolus Cambodginiensis [Re: ]
    #2796162 - 06/15/04 09:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the help guys!
wher can I come up on zoodoo anyone have a idea?
it seems that it is well liked by many people here.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Oyster Shell, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation