Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Sublime, The Doors, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Sorry, but I have more questions...
    #2792543 - 06/14/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, so recently I posted about how my best friend and I had been tripping together recently and how he has a problem with his come down. I know he does not want to eat shrooms for a long time if ever again, so I am now beginning to think more and more about going solo and I have a few questions about different things.

Setting
The setting would be my house. It is a place I have to keep clean as my parents are the anti-everything type, basically. I can easily manage to keep it clean enough as I have been smoking weed at this house for the past 3 years and haven't ever been careless, so they haven't found anything. The only reason I mention this is because at the moment, being sober, I know I am not worried about keeping the house clean, but do you think having to worry about having shit out would affect my mood during a trip? I feel my mind is powerful enough to come out of anything difficult. The first trip with my friend, he threw up and I was able to talk myself out of throwing up within a few moments.

Other than that, it's beautiful outside. We have a lot of flowers and shit. Plus, we have a nice stone patio with a decent backyard and TONS of trees surrounding our house. It's part of a neighborhood though, with neighbors across the street and on either side. I am completely familiar with the entire surrounding of our house. Having to smoke stealthily has taught me many things.

So... this setting shouldn't be a problem, right?

Dosage
With my friend I basically took 3 grams each time. I sometimes had problems with my come up but I think I'll take some "valerian root" (sp?) which is this stuff from a health food store that is supposed to help with nerves and whatnot, so I think that'll help me on my come up. However, I am not sure if I want to eat quite as much whenever I trip by myself, especially the first time. I was thinking of just going down to 2.5 for a solo trip. Is this is decent plan or should I eat less or more?

Music
My friend claims that "Eulogy" by Tool was part of what freaked him out the last time we tripped. On the contrary, one of the coolest parts of my trip was listening to "Eulogy" because it appeared as though my vision was a "vision" of the song. Kind of like a music video but in real life instead of on television. It was one of the greatest things I've experienced. Anyhow, the cd I plan on listening to consists of:

- Nirvana
- Doors - "This is the End"
- "Lola"
- Lots of Pink Floyd
- some Sublime

...I know already that all of that music sounds good when I'm tripping. But lately I've been listening to a couple of rap songs, too. I want to know if music can really alter your trip and if so, can it do so for the worse? What I mean is- the rap songs I've been listening to sound somewhat "angry", if you know what I mean. Will this be likely to make my mind think angrily and turn my trip sour or should I be able to handle it? Music is a huge part of the mushroom experience for me. It is simply unreal how it feels and sounds. So... would I be fine listening to whatever or should I strictly stick to "trippy" music?

Finally, any other tips and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Oh, and also: like with all my trips, I am hoping to learn something. Anything to increase the chances of learning? I figure the music will help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Sorry, but I have more questions... [Re: Bonez420]
    #2792664 - 06/14/04 04:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well; about the music;
Rap music is definately a no-no if all they talk about is guns,death and violence; you don't need that...

Also; I find "The end" by the doors terribly hectic and intense.
Why not try some easy, happy music?
I always feel that happy music really brings out the glowing experience of shrooming.
I'll give you a few examples of my playlist:

St Germain - soul salsa soul  (this music is made for trippin' )

Ravi Shankar - ... ( everything; the sitar is a wonderful instrument, you'll like it :p )

Creedence clearwater revival - jeremiah was a bullfrog (CCR is very light music, but all the more joy to listen to!)

Bob Marley - Catch a fire (reggae man!!! If you think reggae sounds good on weed, try it while tripping! )

Le peuple de l'herbe - mr nice  (the name of the band should give you a hint ... )

I'm not saying that you should put all these songs in your playlist; just that you might wanna try some groovy, "good vibrations"- songs in your trip. :smile:

Anyways, have fun!

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Sorry, but I have more questions... [Re: boeha]
    #2792700 - 06/14/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ALSO:

I last tripped on June 10th... when would the earliest be that I should consume the shrooms? The earliest I would do it as is would be on the 17th, a week afterward.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Sorry, but I have more questions... [Re: Bonez420]
    #2792940 - 06/14/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Shrooms require 5-7 days to decrease the physical tolerance;
the normal guideline is waiting 2 weeks to be sure.

But you should experience no substantial tolerance, if that's your question...

Oh yeah,
if you want to learn something; write down questions that you would like to answer; either questions about your life or fundamental questions...

And it isn't a bad idea to do something creative...
Or just admire the beautiful nature :wink:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Edited by boeha (06/14/04 06:33 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Sublime, The Doors, Valerian Root

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience