Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
Smoke dope and keep out of trouble fans advised
    #2791861 - 06/14/04 11:13 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Smoke dope and keep out of trouble fans advised

Portuguese police are letting England soccer fans smoke dope in the hope it will keep them out of trouble.

The authorities don't want supporters to get fighting drunk on booze and are turning a blind-eye to joint-puffing, hoping it will prevent brawling, reports the Daily Star.

Lisbon is said to be flooded with dealers selling "soft drugs" to supporters but police are deliberately keeping a low profile, saying their priority is to make sure fans don't get too drunk.

Lisbon police spokesman Isabel Canelas said: "We have to use common sense. If people cause a problem through the use of drugs, of course police will be expected to take action. But when this doesn't happen, why should police make a fuss?"

"If people cause a problem through the use of drugs, of course police will be expected to take action. But when this doesn't happen, why should police make a fuss?"

:thumbup:

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Smoke dope and keep out of trouble fans advised [Re: grib]
    #2798044 - 06/16/04 07:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ive got a friend down there right now... i'm sure he's enjoying himself!

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2798158 - 06/16/04 08:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"If people cause a problem through the use of drugs, of course police will be expected to take action. But when this doesn't happen, why should police make a fuss?"

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

#2798219 - 06/16/04 09:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They've learned from Euro 2000 which was held in both Netherlands and Belgium.

That year, England first played against Portugal in Netherlands. They lost, but surprisingly the hooligans (who were denied entrance to the matches) took it very calmly. They were watching the game from coffe shops, probably all high as kites. A lot of them even applauded for Portugal.

Dutch police officials gave credit to cannabis for the troublefree event.

Englands next game was against Germany, but it was held in Belgium where there are no coffee shops. They won 1-0, and then the now drunken hooligans turned the streets of Charleroi into a bloodbath. Over 900 people were arrested.

Common sense, innit :smile:

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2801421 - 06/17/04 06:13 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So common sense is out there :rolleyes:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2802134 - 06/17/04 01:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

why i cant understand how alcohol is legal and marijuana isnt :frown:.  I never seen someone get violent after smoking a lot of herb, but ive seen too many fights at keg parties.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2802560 - 06/17/04 03:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I was also happy to read about this several days ago but then i saw this article
Sorry for the automatic translation but i don't have time to translate it myself....
http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/news.asp?section_id=13&id_news=130396
Quote:

PSP refuses to facilitate consumption of cannabis during the EURO
Sofia Cart?

All the foreign adepts caught to consume cannabis will be punished in accordance with the law currently in vigor, guaranteed Daily Digital commissioner Isabel Canelas, spokesman of the Metropolitan Command of Lisbon of the PSP.

The reaction appears in the sequence of published notice this friday in the British press, according to which the national authorities would go to close the eyes to the consumption because it will be more easy to control a multitude of adepts under effect of these drugs.

The periodicals cite the spokesman of the PSP to affirm that it will not have consequences for the English adepts that will smoke "charros" (joints) openly, because the priority of the authorities is centered in other behaviors of risk, as the alcohol consumption. The measures would have been taken the advice of the policy of the dutch city of Eindhoven, that attributes the success of the control of the English adepts has four years, in Euro 2000, after the England-Portugal game.

According to "The Sun", the commissioner of the PSP of Lisbon will have guaranteed that the consumption of cannabis will not be sancioned of any form, in case that it does not give origin to some type of riots. Affirmations that Isabel Canelas denies to have fact, indicated to only have said that an extreme use of common-sense "in the treatment of these questions will be made".

"I was clear in explaining to the journalist whom in Portugal, as much the consumption as the traffic are illegal, and that in one and another situation the policy goes to act in compliance with the law", it guaranteed Isabel Canelas.

Also the director of public relations of the national direction of the PSP, Hip?lito Wedge, is ready in affirming that what was published "does not coincide with what was said", and that the journalist in question will be already to prepare a correction. The responsible one guarantees that any caught adept to consume cannabis will be identified and that the drug and all the involved material in the consumption will be confiscated, being restored against-ordinance process.

Actually, you can consume cannabis without any major problem in Portugal as long as you don't disturb other people but it's true that Portugal isn't a country for doing drug tourism. Most policemen in Portugal don't give damn if you're smoking a joint but some do, that's the problem.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service