Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChronic7
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: Ginseng]
    #2843479 - 06/30/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, death is just another birth

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: psikooz]
    #2847368 - 07/01/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think he's saying that the experience isn't mystical, but rather that the magic is in your ability to interpret it. If you just eat mushrooms, you don't experience any magic, no matter how much you eat. It's just chemical reaction. But if you choose to interpret, react to, play with, integrate, manipulate what this fungus is doing to your brain, then you can most certainly break through. It is a tool, and like any tool, you must use it. It becomes a facilitator for your mind, not just some cheap shortcut to enlightenment.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: DRSHROOM]
    #2849376 - 07/01/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DRSHROOM said:
thats what i love about mushrooms,they are almost there own religion!

Totally!  I find myself communicating with the mushroom gods and even becoming one myself.  I worship the earth and sky and see that life is in everything....even in pavement and plastic....they are soooooooo amazing. 

I have been really getting into Terence McKenna- anyone who hasn't read his stuff and loves mushrooms needs to read him. :heart:

You guys are ALL awesome beautiful beings of love and light!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: deafpanda]
    #2849385 - 07/01/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

deafpanda said:
Why do people speculate on mushrooms having some magical power, when all they do is play with YOUR brain chemistry?  The potential is in you, it is your serotonin receptors that are more important in creating the experience.

If anything is mystical, it is you, not the shrooms.

Totally disagree except that yeah, we are mystical too....but I truly believe that the shrooms are alien entities teaching us many beautiful things. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: RyanLostHisMind]
    #2850555 - 07/02/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RyanLostHisMind said:
What pisses me off is i took 7 grams for my first real trip and i got nothing close to that the most i got was dancing shadows and faces in trees??????

Sit down in front of a tree or looking up at the sky and really focus in on what's happening. Things will start to get crazy, like dancing shadows, then just let go. I've only taken 4 but it can make my entire surroundings become something completely different if i really want it. (or you just had shitty shrooms  :grin::mushroom2:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2856328 - 07/04/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Just so long as you can accept that others don't need to believe the mushroom is a magic spirit to be full of love, and accept the purity and existance of everything.

Currently I'm caught between my hope and myskepticism, no clue where its taking me. I've read Terrence McKenna, but I don't really agree with his whole concept of aliens. I guess it doesn't mean that I disagree with the rest of what he's said though.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Anonymous

Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: entiformatie]
    #2857017 - 07/04/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I tried to read An Invisible Landscape, and it was sooo hard. way too many big words but i heard that some of his other stuff is easier.

i totally agree with the mushroom religion. it is basically my religion, because it is left to interpretation, and isnt confining. the more i think about it the more i realize that mushrooms have this underlining power and a reason to their existence.

worship the mushroom god! :grin:

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: ]
    #2863625 - 07/07/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You guys should read these books:

Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
The Teachings of Carlos Casteneda by Don Juan

OfflineGamma5
Stranger
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2867254 - 07/07/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would like to think that mushrooms are simply one of the many keys that open doors to greater conciousness, the mystical is found within us while the mushroom helps us find it.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3126828 - 09/12/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The mushroom seems to be some kind of key to the human organism that shows us our true divine nature. It is like we are lost in a game where we constantly die and forget everything about the past life to be born again and start a new life script. The mushroom and other psychedelic foods seem to be placed in nature so that we can wake up and realize what is really going on, that our nature is timeless, it always was and will be. We are simply filling time with something, and that is living these lives that we do, acting on a stage as it were. Gotta do something in this infinite amount of time that we have....

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: tekramrepus]
    #3126906 - 09/12/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supermarket said:
You guys should read this book:

The Teachings of Carlos Casteneda by Don Juan

:thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
    #3126951 - 09/12/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Why does someone always have to fuck-up my fun with fucking religion.

Pathetic how people gotta make shit more than what it really is.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the evil shadow underlining every trip. I think some of you are to scared to acknowledge it. I see it. It comes when you least expect it. Out of the corner of your eye. In a quick glance. An odd insect that seems out of place(evil). A erie glance given too long by an annomynous stranger.

If I were you I would say that I am the SHROOM DEVIL. But, alas, I am not. Just a little off my rocker. So have fun, but keep your feet on earth please.

--------------------

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: the power of magic mushrooms [Re: psikooz]
    #3127674 - 09/12/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have had many dreams come true in exact detail. Read Paul Stamets book, so has he. I have done a lot of research on chaos, quantum physics and the definition of reality. I have concluded that there must be something higher than us. Chaos is the movement of time and is defined as linear, like a line moving across a blank screen. If existence is the line, then what is the screen? Do you know what holds those chemicals together? A single graviton within an electron. That graviton exists within at least 6 other dimenions besides our three. All I am trying to say is there is something behind every door. In this case the door is perception, reality and existence. Mushrooms only lead us to the door and give us a glimpse of what lies beyond.

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate