Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
A story of the once clinically insane.
    #2790269 - 06/13/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A person has this mental illness only to see vast hallucinations where his mind no longer accepts the normal reality but the paranormal thoughts that obscure his mind. He sees a demon in his bed and an alien outside his house, when he sees the alien it is a full blown open eye hallucination. The energy from the alien grabs him as he sees it move across his yard. Just a short three feet of movement before it disapears. In great fear this man is to be seeing things he never thought existed. Now the demon on his bed he recognizes as an incan devil not only frightens the man dearly but leaves him distraught on his beliefs.

This man sees many things that drive him to fear and destroys his sense of reality. Not only is the man's mind clouded he starts to beleive in superstitional things bringing upon him more delusions. Where do these horrifying things come from this man wonders. But only a doctor will tell him they are part of his brain disorder. The doctors tell him it is from drug induced schizophrenia in hope of helping this man have a grounded sense of reality in his mind. Now it being the most difficult task for this man to see it the doctors way tries and tries to no longer believe in such crazy things.

There are stories of aliens, secret governments trying to take over people's minds, magic, telepathy and other stories that have plagued schizophrenics mind for ages.

I have been schizophrenic for 3 years now, it beginning in my late 19th year of age coming off a very high dose of psylocibin. Before i always wondered if any of this paranormal stuff was real. I don't judge any one who believes in any of the above things i have mentioned. But do you think that these things only exist in the deep subconciousness of our minds and not in our actual realities? I've had an open mind to many of these things, but i no longer beleive it is possible for most of them to exist. I've had to close most of my mind off to these things just to try to stay grounded and to keep my mind from over analyzing the existance of such things.

Has any of you ever thought about these things as only being hallucinations?

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: A story of the once clinically insane. [Re: Droz]
    #2790298 - 06/13/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know. But its kind of strange how most people that claim to see weird things always talk about the same type of things. Coincedence? I dont know. I have thought about this.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2790313 - 06/13/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have been wagering $20K on the non-existence of any paranormal esoterica, and not only do I still have the money, but there has not been one face-to-face challenger. This tells me that even the believers don't truly believe.

I am glad to hear that you have decided to stay in reality.  :wink:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

#2790338 - 06/13/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What you do, Droz, how your behavior is effected by demons real or imagined, is what matters.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: A story of the once clinically insane. [Re: filthysock]
    #2790364 - 06/13/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Oooh another "mystery". Is it also strange that most people think of Santa as a chubby, jolly guy in a red suit?

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: A story of the once clinically insane. [Re: Swami]
    #2790443 - 06/13/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

another MYSTERY!! wtf?!? this list of 'mysteries' is getting pretty long... when does the list become proof, and the proof reality ?

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: A story of the once clinically insane. [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2790493 - 06/13/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not saying there has to be some mysterious answer to this, but it is strange how schitzophrenics report seeing similair things often. I have yet to meet another shroomer who sees the exact same visuals I do when I trip... so how come, when you trip, your individual mind makes up individual visuals, but a common hallucination reported by a schitzophrenic is seeing aliens, or demons... etc.

But I'm not saying anything, I'm just pointing out the coincedence. I dont have a degree in psychotherapy and dont know enough to say yes what schitzophrenics see is real, or its an illusion... I dont know.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2790530 - 06/13/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It is called cultural tainting. Back in the early-mid 50s, no one saw gray, bug-eyed monsters until they appeared on film and in sci-fi books. The aliens then reported were tall blond, Nordic humanoids.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2790664 - 06/13/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was into the whole 2012 scenario at the time. Thought it was something good to think about. There was a time when i morphed my whole self into a mayan, felt pretty real to me. I even saw a galaxy through looking at the doctor. Pretty strange stuff indeed.

I don't hallucinate any more, and i barely ever 'hear voices'.
The meds work pretty well. Nor do i longer believe in any of that crazy shit that had earlier swept me away.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Invisiblefict
phi
    #2790842 - 06/13/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
  I dont have a degree in psychotherapy and dont know enough to say yes what schitzophrenics see is real, or its an illusion... I dont know.

... Oh c'mon!  It's  all  an illusion, MANNNNNN.  You know this!
:wink:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2791064 - 06/13/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Now please bear with me through all this wordage  :smile: Reality seems to be multidimensional, or hierarchical which is to say there are various 'degrees' of Reality. I'm something of a Platonist which means that I believe that there exists a Pure Idea of everything that humans are or can experience. The Pure Ideas are not MY ideas - they are Archetypes or, Ideas 'in the mind of GOD.' Some of the Pure Ideas 'occur' to us AS ideas. Usually it seems as though 'we' thought them up. Other times it seems as though we are 'receiving' ideas. Sometimes this notion is erroneous, we are delusional for reasons depending upon the model: psychiatric, occult, religious, spiritualistic, etc.

I have experienced what is called 'ring-like-a-bell-in-the-head' telepathy on five specific occasions. I 'heard' the the thoughts of individuals, in their own voices, in what seemed like the center of my head without the sensation of hearing in my ears. I asked the individuals (whom I knew) on two of the five occasions, and their jaws dropped open. One friend experienced fear. I cannot prove it to anyone - my subjective report is all that I have. I have also had precognitive dreams, which manifested in physical reality shortly thereafter. So did my mother before me. These phenomena belong to a 'psychic domain' which seems to exist between the 'physical domain' and the 'spiritual domain.' I won't even venture down the road of spiritual reality - GOD with personal attributes and GOD above personal attributes - communion with and union with - prayer and its fulfillment.

In the 'psychic domain,' there are probably more 'goats' than 'sheep,' which are the parapsychologists' terms for non-believers and believers. These phenomenon are not under the control of the ego, and are not therefore produced at will, but that does not mean that the whole range of paranormal phenomenon do not exist. With schizophrenia, one is already inundated by many unwanted sources of psychophysical stimuli. The conscious mind is overwhelmed by contents of the unconscious, and the little 'boat' of the ego, tossed about on the flood of unconscious contents can 'capsize.' The technical term is 'decompensation' and the result is a paralysis of the ego to initiate any kind of reality-based action. One falls apart - psychic dismemberment (which is why so many psychotics identify with Archetypes like Christ crucified, Osirus dismembered [he actually loses his 'member'],  Dionysus torn apart alive, Icarus crashing into the dark sea after flying too close to the sun [perhaps an apt description of your own 'crash' from flying too high]). In the extreme cases catatonia can result with physical immobility. Too much going on internally to do anything externally!

So, get grounded. Focus on the here and now of sensate existence. Learn from our domestic animals how to BE HERE NOW and do not trouble yourself with all the 'underground stations' whose 'signals' fade in and out of your mind. Perhaps some formal Zazen, with mental focus on the Hara center below the navel can help you to establish a solid psychophysical foundation again.  Zen does not like paranormal phenomena, while acknowledging their 'relative' existence. You needn't become a Buddhist, just learn the attitude of groundedness, of a 'center of gravity.' Take meds if you have to for a time.  Peace be with you.

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (06/16/04 11:50 AM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2791285 - 06/13/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My brother developed paranoid schizophrenia...he was 40 when it happened. For many months he believed his delusions completely. As time wore on and he was forced to seek treatment he started seeing the delusions for what they were. It was a hell of a leap for him to accept that his perceptions were no longer valid at times. If he lets his treatment slide he still gets weird, but knows enough to go to the doctor. Through his teens and up into his late 30s he exposed himself to all kinds of negative experiences due to his extreme "party animal" nature. His life was lived in quite an uncautious way for years. I think that when you expose yourself to negative emotions too frequently that something will seek you out and attach itself to you feeding off of this negativity. Reality is, in the end, what you believe it to be, but if it disagrees with the rest of the consensual reality we maintain collectively it becomes a major problem. Demons are real...so is paranoid schizophrenia. Where the shaman sees evil spirits the doctor sees a chemical imbalence. In the end they are the same. One interesting note:during one of his worst delusional periods he convinced me to take a shroom trip with him, against my better judgement, his sickness fell away completely and reasserted it'self the next day when he was "normal"(yeah, right).

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (06/13/04 11:40 PM)

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #2794230 - 06/15/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry to hear about it my friend - I've had some pretty close shaves with shrooms too - and at times far worse .

Well - heres hoping it all turns out well dude  -  and PM me if ya think I might be able to help .

I gotta go shopping with my Sis - Ciao

:smile:

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
    #2795098 - 06/15/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I have been wagering $20K on the non-existence of any paranormal esoterica, and not only do I still have the money, but there has not been one face-to-face challenger. This tells me that even the believers don't truly believe.

I am glad to hear that you have decided to stay in reality.  :wink:

Maybe no one has taken you up on your bet because it can't be proven one way or the other, without dissecting the entirety of the Universe. And perhaps the people you've challenged don't have a huge gambling problem.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: A story of the once clinically insane. [Re: pazuzu]
    #2797372 - 06/15/04 11:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Before swami replies, I'm going to attempt to beat the Swami challenge by predicting what he's going to say...

Quote:

Swami will say:
Quote:

pazuzu said:
Maybe no one has taken you up on your bet because it can't be proven one way or the other, without dissecting the entirety of the Universe. And perhaps the people you've challenged don't have a huge gambling problem.

One may say that for there to be extra-sensory perception / manipulation, there must be provable objections towards our current reality model.  Dissection is merely the measuring of something as a means of putting it on paper.

What you've overlooked is that my 20k challenge is not a gamble - refer to the original post, located (and this is where he'll open up notepad to load his text file with the link to his original post, to paste with hopes of defering peoples attention from his scarecrow nitpickiness) here, and you'll see that the person undergoing the test, will not have to put up 20k of their own money, which in essence, negates this from being a gamble.

I'm just playin' Swami :laugh:  You're arguments aren't scarecrow, but geez can you nitpick sometimes :smile:
So?  How close was I? :P

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2797544 - 06/16/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Lucky you for being diagnosed clinically insane.  Some of us have not been diagnosed as clinically insane, unfortunately for the unawares "rest of the world". 

I think I am borderline "insane", but I have just enough "sane" thoughts to keep me off meds.  But I am always questioning....is my reality "reality"?  Or is my reality actually insanity?

That is my secret, unprofessed query.  Where does my reality end and someone else's reality begin?  None of us percieve reality in quite the same way, do we?

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: A story of the once clinically insane. [Re: nubious]
    #2797612 - 06/16/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nubious is now the official Swami spokesperson.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #2800323 - 06/16/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Nubious is now the official Swami spokesperson.  :wink:

Ka-Ching!  200 large please, oh and, if you could seperate it into piles of ten, that'd be appreciated.  :smirk:  :thumbup:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom