Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblematts
matts

Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian
    #2790897 - 06/13/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrW0mbat
cleansed

Loc: texas
Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: matts]
    #2791054 - 06/13/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

did you get any more shrooms from the bag or only one? if you got more than one did any come out right? this may be just a "evil mutant" shroom that didnt come out right, from what i hear theres always a few in each grow.

--------------------
Im 82% addicted to crack how about you?

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: DrW0mbat]
    #2791065 - 06/13/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2791124 - 06/14/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i have seen that on cambos before (i love this strain), they often end up sporeless or very little spore productive, i am yet to see a heavy cambo print!

FH

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: felixhigh]
    #2792384 - 06/14/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #2792520 - 06/14/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I love sporeless/low spore strains. Growrooms, drying areas, and dried fruits all remain so much cleaner. Not to mention the workload taken off your air filters and lungs.

I would consider no/low spore production to come only after fruit size, colonization speed and yield in terms of choosing an isolate for regular use.

Good luck.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblejonneill
Hero
Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: mycofile]
    #2792747 - 06/14/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

mycofile, what about potency? =]

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: jonneill]
    #2795429 - 06/15/04 04:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you mean from low/no spore isolates in general, then potency shouldn't be much of an issue. I always loved the Penis Envy strain, and all of it's isolates are no/low spore producers. I never once noticed a potency problem with any isolates I pulled from PE, and many people swear it's one of the most potent strains. I've worked with a no spore producing isolate of the 1992 era PF strain, and again potency was fine/great. Also, I've had low spore strains of PES Hawaiian and B+ lineage that were fine.

Also, one could hypothesize that since the mushroom never starts spore production, the potency of a full grown open cap fruit might be the same as a closed cap fruit. This is hypothesis and depends on what you think the correlation between maturity and potency really is and what is wives tale.

If you mean why doesn't matts fruit show strong bluing, then I don't know. Happens sometimes I guess. Sometimes fruits are plenty potent and don't blue much, but I guess it could be a potency issue. If it is, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's associated with the lack of spore production.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: mycofile]
    #2800934 - 06/17/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I found a Boletes shroom while working today and the stem bluing was incredible when i cut it to ID it at home so i really think bluing doesnt have anything to do with potency...I would love to get some of those Albinos that PF had if you can ever come across any

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Loc: NY
    #2801000 - 06/17/04 01:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No spores Must have microsoft DMCA copy protection built in, try to find a crack :shrug:

--------------------
[url=http://kratom.tcotu.net Low Priced, High Quality Kratom[/url]

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2801318 - 06/17/04 04:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i recently had a little casing which had half the shrooms sporeless. not sure why, just a little freak of nature.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2804199 - 06/18/04 01:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I run across sterile mushrooms from time to time, nothing to be concerned about. As mycofile pointed out, the lack of spore load can be to your advantage (no spores everywhere, easier on the lungs when drying). One time I grew out some Ecuador's just so I could refresh my print collection (the only reason). I ended up growing a whole batch of sterile mushrooms, in fact all three flushes were sterile. Not a single mushroom layed down a print...

That really pissed me off...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: ATWAR]
    #2804795 - 06/18/04 10:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2807316 - 06/18/04 11:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

And is purely a genetic phenotype expression of the mushroom - very common in mushrooms in general

--------------------

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: OldSpice]
    #2812796 - 06/21/04 02:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

no relevancy, boletus do not carry any of the psychadellic compounds which oxidize blue, thus causing 'bluing' technically a mushroom that is VERY rich in those compounds, and was abused so to speak would become more blue than the same abuse to a less 'potent' shroom. though once becoming that blue, they've lost much potency due to the oxidization of the psilocybin/psilocin. I'm kind of stoned and tripping over my words, right now, but it makes sense.

However boletes have no relevancy when discussing potency. Which was the point of my argument.

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: Raadt]
    #2812906 - 06/21/04 02:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Would a sporeless isolate really be a good idea?

Vendors could start selling spores of mushrooms which wouldn't drop spores, which would mean we couldn't just maintain a constant stream of mushrooms, we would be dependent upon on the vendors, or making a liquid innoculate... That would suck, but I'm not too worried about Ralphsters or The Little Guy, just some shady spore vendors that hang out around here...

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Anonymous

#2813075 - 06/21/04 04:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ive seen this before, and i think it would be the shit if when cloned they all did not drop spores. You could let them get fully mature, and it wouldnt look like someone took a blow torch to your shrooms. i dont believe potency stops when the veil breaks, i think it goes strictly by weight. so id clone the fuck out of a sporeless shroom and let them get as mature as possible and have way more trips out of the grow.

Quote:

One time I grew out some Ecuador's just so I could refresh my print collection (the only reason). I ended up growing a whole batch of sterile mushrooms, in fact all three flushes were sterile. Not a single mushroom layed down a print...

That really pissed me off

that would piss me off too man, that had to be a big boot in the nuts

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sporeless P.Cubensis Cambodian [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2814406 - 06/21/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Would a sporeless isolate really be a good idea?

As I and a few others have elaborated, yes they are. Fantastic ideas.
Quote:

Vendors could start selling spores of mushrooms which wouldn't drop spores....

Incredibly unlikely. It's the isolated culture which produces sporeless mushrooms. Any spore print/syringe that a vendor can sell, will produce mostly fruits which produce spores. See once a sporeless fruit is cloned, there are no spores which the vendor could sell you, and even if he wen't back to the spores which produced the sporeless fruit, those spores would still produce mostly spore producing strains.

Dig? In other words it would be incredibly difficult for vendors to have spores which wouldn't produce spores.

The benefits are for the grower, who shouldn't need spores if s/he doesn't want them anyway.

A vendor could theoretically stabilize a low spore producing strain, and that wouldn't be much of a problem for the consumer either. Plenty of people grow the Penis Envy strain, and plenty of people make their own spore prints/syringes. It never gives many spores so it's more trouble, but worth it in the end.

I wouldn't worry at all about no/low spore strains making vendors required for all growers and each grow.
Quote:

i dont believe potency stops when the veil breaks, i think it goes strictly by weight. so id clone the fuck out of a sporeless shroom and let them get as mature as possible and have way more trips out of the grow.

For the record I disagree with this. At least for your average spore producing fruit. I feel confident in saying that grossly over-mature fruits are less potent by weight than less mature fruits. Maybe it's not due to veil breaking, or spore production, I don't know. Maybe it's due to oxidation during the extra time before the fruit is harvested and dried, I don't know. But I have personally noticed a perceived reduction in potency when fruits are over-mature.

I won't comment on sporeless strains though as I haven't repeatedly had the experience of ingesting over-mature sporeless mushrooms.

No need to really get into it though, it's all subjective till we get legal access to the ability to do real potency research.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology