Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineaNewPerception
candy eater
pf cake additives
    #2790527 - 06/13/04 07:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

anyone ever tried adding worm castings or something else to pf cakes? will it work, or only with bulks??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: pf cake additives [Re: aNewPerception]
    #2790635 - 06/13/04 08:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Nope, stuff like that can be done. Magash posted in another thread about making PF cakes with one part WBS added, and that this improved yields -- you might want to give that a shot.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2790797 - 06/13/04 10:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There was an experiment conducted on 16 jars. 8 of them using the regular PF tek and 8 of them using the PF-Birdseed Tek. The ones using the PF-Birdseed tek produced much larger, and more potent mushrooms. Not to mention, they colonized almost twice as fast as the ones using regular pf tek. They were all cased with the same substrate (scotts 3 in 1 compost), and grown under the same conditions to make sure the only difference was the birdseed. Heres how it was done:

Follow the regular PF Tek. The only difference is one part Penningtons Wild Bird Feed (you can use other bird feeds that contain lots of white millet) was added in the mix. The bird seed had Bird-Kote on it so it was soaked in warm water for about 10 mins and then rinsed off. It was then added into the Brown Rice Flour/Vermiculite Mix and the water content was adjusted accordingly. Once the water content was right (if you take a handful and squeeze it a few drops will fall) it was then placed in jars according to the regular PF tek and topped off with a 1/4" layer of dry vermiculite (to help keep out airborne contams that come through the innoculation points). The jars were then pressure cooked for 1 hour and then sat in the Pressure cooker overnight to cool. Once cool, they were innoculated as usual.

Like I said. The jars that used the PF-Birdseed Tek performed much better, and produced much larger/potent mushrooms than the ones using the regular PF-Tek.
Sorry if this has already been done/posted on here. I just thought it would be a good way for beginners to experiment with grains without straying away from the PF Tek too much.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Magash]
    #2790801 - 06/13/04 10:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: pf cake additives [Re: Citric]
    #2791070 - 06/13/04 11:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Magash, always looking out for the newbs... thanks

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

OfflineNexxiss
Mushroom Mage

Loc: Mich,USA
    #2792328 - 06/14/04 02:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i have been making Quinoa cakes, it works great just takes common sense and magash

--------------------
Nexxiss Reign
"as I looked into the Sun and realized the race is not to the swift nor Knowlege to the wise ..nee the yet strenth to the strong...nor Riches to the poor.But time and Chance hapenth to us all!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation