Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana * 1
    #27892674 - 08/06/22 03:57 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana
August 6, 2022 - Fox News

Elon Musk made headlines in 2018 by smoking marijuana on an episode of the 'Joe Rogan Experience' podcast

Tesla CEO Elon Musk spoke about the imprisonment in Russia of Brittney Griner, an American basketball superstar and Olympic gold medalist, and expressed confusion at the White House's efforts to bring her back while drug users in the U.S. remain jailed.

Musk questioned the aggressive push by the White House to negotiate Griner's release while marijuana remains federally illegal on an episode of the "Full Send" podcast this week.

"If the president is working so hard to free someone who is in jail in Russia for some weed, shouldn't we free people in America?" Musk asked on the show.

"There are people in jail in America for the same stuff. Shouldn't we free them too? My opinion is that people should not be in jail for non-violent drug crimes."

A Russian judge convicted Griner of drug possession and drug smuggling and sentenced her to nine years in prison. She was also fined 1 million rubles, the equivalent of about $16,200.

The United States will "pursue" a prisoner swap with Russia for U.S. citizens Griner and Paul Whelan, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in Cambodia Friday morning.

Blinken’s comment came as he was asked at the foreign ministers meeting at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, about remarks Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov made regarding a potential prisoner swap.

"We put forward, as you know, a substantial proposal that Russia should engage with us on. And what Foreign Minister Lavrov said this morning and said publicly is that they are prepared to engage through channels we've established to do just that, and we'll be pursuing," Blinken said during a press conference at ASEAN.

Musk is not a regular drug user himself, saying that he finds marijuana compromising to his work.

"I find weed's not that good for productivity," Musk said. "I do actually have to make the rockets work and the cars work and make the factories work."

The tech mogul was shown once smoking marijuana on an episode of the "Joe Rogan Experience" podcast.

Musk smoked marijuana on an episode of Rogan's show in 2018. Musk said he was not a regular user and asked if it was legal. After taking one puff from the tobacco-marijuana filled joint, the tech mogul passed it back.

In California, where the podcast was recorded, recreational marijuana use is legal, but SpaceX maintains federal contracts, and the use of marijuana is against federal law.

Musk described the podcast incident as damaging.

"I didn't think I'd get that much backlash. The consequences for me and for SpaceX were not good," Musk said. "Because it's still federally illegal. It was pretty nutty, actually, because I had to have random drug tests and stuff after that to prove I'm not a drug addict."

Musk said that the increased scrutiny on his employees upset him, recalling that he apologized, saying, "Sorry guys, I didn't realize it'd be this big of a deal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana [Re: veggie] * 2
    #27892736 - 08/06/22 05:13 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Only read the headline - but - Nice 👍

Glad someone who’ll get a lot of attention pointed out how bat shit crazy this all is.  Itd be nice if it was just what people needed for their consciences to wake up wrt finally fixing the ancient, broken, & evil drug laws in the US. 

If the Biden admin trades a known Russian arms dealer or whatever for her then all bets are off. They’ll have to change the laws or risk people not even pretending to respect the unethical cannabis laws anymore ever again.  Of course I can only speak for myself…:grin: :stoned:

There’s a drug war alright and people on the right drugs are going to win it :crankey: :oldman:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27892982 - 08/06/22 08:34 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

:awesome:

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
Re: Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana [Re: split_by_nine]
    #27893921 - 08/07/22 05:54 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Musk retweets ellomello's post from yesterday

:awebigvaped:

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27894240 - 08/08/22 01:14 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
If the Biden admin trades a known Russian arms dealer or whatever for her then all bets are off. They’ll have to change the laws

Ehhhhh... Will they though?  Readily apparent hipocracy hasn't seemed to bother them before.  My body my choice for abortions but not vaccines...

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana [Re: Forrester]
    #27894805 - 08/08/22 02:59 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Not guaranteed but if they know what’s good for em and their families of future generations they’d better.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Offlinethe_way
political prisoner
 User Gallery

Re: Musk questions Biden's efforts to free Griner while US has prisoners for marijuana [Re: veggie]
    #28089578 - 12/08/22 10:59 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

It really shows who they are.

--------------------
They were dead before the ship sank!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale