Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

Loc: 5a
Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says * 1
    #27889830 - 08/04/22 03:47 PM (6 days, 7 hours ago)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jar-peanut-butter-triggers-alarm-183341926.html

Kansas City Star
Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says
Kaitlyn Alanis
Thu, August 4, 2022 at 2:33 PM

@TSA_Northeast/Twitter
A jar of peanut butter was stuffed with something much less creamy when it triggered an alarm at a Pennsylvania airport, officials say.

A Transportation Security Administration officer investigated the peanut butter mystery at Pittsburgh International Airport — and discovered more than just peanut butter inside.

Lisa Farbstein, a TSA spokesperson, says the officer found three vape canisters with marijuana wrapped in plastic bags.

The traveler reported the marijuana canisters hidden in his checked bag were for medical purposes, “but still thought he should try to conceal them,” according to an Aug. 4 tweet.

“Not a good decision,” Farbstein said.

Travelers are allowed to pack medical marijuana in checked and carry on bags under special instructions, according to TSA.

“TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers,” the federal agency says. “Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.”

Farbstein did not say if the traveler will face any criminal charges.

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

Hunt for the habitat not the mushroom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePluviophile
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says [Re: Icyurmt]
    #27890182 - 08/04/22 08:19 PM (6 days, 3 hours ago)

Why jam them into a peanut butter jar at all?
That is going to immediately raise red flags at the X-ray.

I’ve travelled with carts in my checked luggage 5-6 times now.
I just pack them with other toiletries and things without trying to hide them. Still in the original packaging and all.
Just make sure any batteries are packed in my carryon and I’ve never had any issues at all.

InvisibleRotnpinsS
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Loc: My couch
Re: Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says [Re: Icyurmt]
    #27890254 - 08/04/22 09:14 PM (6 days, 2 hours ago)

:laugh2: really? If you're allowed to travel with it, why smuggle it? A lot of criminal cases are fought on intent.. even though the items were legal, I could totally see a DA pursuing the case due to the intent behind the person's actions.

:smbfacepalm:

InvisibleCapSlinger
Male

Loc: Colorado rocky mountain high Flag
Re: Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says [Re: Rotnpins] * 1
    #27890366 - 08/04/22 10:35 PM (6 days, 1 hour ago)

:judyfacepalm::derp:

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says [Re: CapSlinger]
    #27890798 - 08/05/22 10:02 AM (5 days, 13 hours ago)

MJ's still illegal at federal level, and the airport is a federal jurisdiction.

They're saying how their concerns are safety-related, not political -- while someone in the background is calling the police.

https://travelinglight.com/can-you-bring-weed-on-a-plane/
Quote:

TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.

Quote:

TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.

Quote:

TSA officers are required to report any suspected violations of law, to local, state, or federal authorities.

Also, their choice of containers in several of these MJ smuggling cases is above the arbitrary limit of X amount of ounces.

InvisibleShroomintune
Gentleman Farmer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside of the Asylum
Re: Jar of peanut butter triggers alarm, but the jar held more than peanut butter, TSA says [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #27891143 - 08/05/22 03:28 PM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

I know someone who was a TSA screener and now works in TSA management.  He tells me that packing a jar of peanut butter is a guaranteed way to get a hand-search, as it appears completely opaque in backscatter x-ray imaging.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains